Iris – 5* Ice / Blue - February 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for February 2022: Iris

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Iris, as well as your thoughts on him.

Iris

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Wizard
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 850 810 1485
4/90 972 927 1699
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2022
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: This hero receives 10% mana each time a buff is dispelled from the hero.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: This Hero has innate resistance against burn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Erase Strength
  • Deals 375% damage to the target and minor damage to the nearby enemies.
  • Dispells buffs from the target and nearby enemies at the end of each turn for 3 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Fire.
  • Element Link gives all Ice allies +10% attack for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2022 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Feb 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

The radius of buff dispell status ailment at the end of each turn is changed from target to target and nearby enemies.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the February 2022 HOTM -- Iris

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Iris ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Iris.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Iris and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Iris worth summoning for?

• Would you use Iris on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Iris ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Iris as an opponent?

• Would you give Iris Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Iris’s character design?

• If you Summoned Iris and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Iris, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Iris when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Iris, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Iris (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Iris), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

9 Likes

Feedback Poll - Iris (post release)

:question: Is Iris worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Iris would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Iris’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Dispeller

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Iris compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Iris’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Iris worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Iris is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Iris is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

3 Likes

Although it’d be a while to get MATs for this hero for me, worth getting for countering taunt heroes at the minimum

1 Like

Just to clarify, she doesnt receive mana when the buffs naturally expire right?

Only when they are dispelled?

1 Like

only when they are dispelled. If it ends naturally, it’s not a debuff

5 Likes

Is there scenario where this turn by turn dispel is more advantageous than a pre dispeller like c sabina?

1 Like

I’d say when playing offense against a computer - AI will cast their specials regardless of this (turn by turn dispel) being on.

Which it would do if c sabinas buff prevention was still on? So same outcome?

Is this ongoing dispel considered a debuff - can it be cleansed? If not then thats one advantage it has

Great question. Probably would need to test, unless someone in beta already did.

My guess is cSabina is better. The reason is that cSabina should be able to stop an undispellable buff from being applied, but Iris will not be able to dispel an undispellable buff. (I think)

7 Likes

@PlayForFun Do you know if this has been tested in beta? Also if ailment prevention will stop it or not?

Quoting myself here:

I just don’t see the point of this hero. I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but haven’t seen anything even close to convincing yet.

5 Likes

That sure is a downside… dispel one is rarely enough, I use Kage a lot, his dispell is mostly useles against team buffers.

1 Like

But at least Kageburado dispels first, which is a plus against defensive buffs, and he hits pretty hard. Not to mention he does it at very fast speed. Iris does none of that.
She needs to hit the target harder, have a flat damage to 3, or to dispel 3.
Currently, I’d ascend pretty much every blue S1 5* over her, and they’re not exactly a murderers’ row of devastating heroes.

4 Likes

Dispells from target and nearby in the released version! Nice! Thanks SG for listening. It makes this HotM great for sure. Taunters, dodgers finally got a reliable, fast counter. Want this HotM a lot!

24 Likes

Now in this form and I want it, thanks for listening SG.

8 Likes

Best HotM in a while. Would be amazing if the nearby damage wasn’t minor, but very solid regardless. Will be great against taunt heroes.

3 Likes

Nice surprise! They listened to the feedback for once. I couldn’t believe it when I read her card. This makes her an instant ascend if I’m lucky enough to get her.

5 Likes

IMO fire her on a hero who gonna cast a buff before a turn ago and and he wont be able to caste their buff further ex. Against krampus,ludwig,c kad,inari,bk and many out there

1 Like

Do you know if it can be dodged?