Iris – 5* Ice / Blue - February 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Once the ailment sits on the hero, it can’t.

This is status ailments so it can be cleansed, and also it can be prevented…

As @Suicide_Bunny mentioned only receiving this status ailment can be dodged.

3 Likes

Thx, I have adjusted the OP.

1 Like

This buff is very welcome !

I was going to give my scopes to Frosth but he will have to wait again.

4 Likes

Guess I am not the only one who came here to see this change. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

4 Likes

I tried and tried to get Viscaro, so I won’t be spending any money on trying to get Iris, but if rngods smile upon me, I have the scopes to max her. I love her artwork.

Dispellers are always welcome!

3 Likes

IMO not a game changer, but solid, simple hero everyone will be happy about pulling.

Nice buff - now she will be maxed if I pull her.

3 Likes

Wow, it’s really nice that they increased the debuffing radius. She is a very usable hero right now. Though the hit is weak, she can fire over and over with the mana bonus from the passive.

I just want to see her in a clash with Francine to check the whole dispel vs cleanse fight :smiley: It will look like:

7 Likes

I’m glad she got that buff before release, makes her more viable imv. Here’s my review: Iris Review - Empires and Puzzles HotM February 22 • OLD CYNIC Thanks!

9 Likes

She is perfect counter vs Ludwig now! Dispell taunt and mana boost love it! For this reason I think I won’t get her. :joy: Of course you still need to fire her before him.

Ludwig is rare to encounter in war outside VF but some raids are painfull. Yes i look at you christmas defences

3 Likes

You’ll need another dispell before you can use Iris because Ludwig will prevent the two allies on his flanks from getting hit at all.

As Iris is fast, your chances are pretty good to fire her before Ludwig. So if all 3 enemies already have the dispell active, taunt doesn’t come into game.

4 Likes

I get that, but you’ll typically see Ludwig on defense in a VF setting which puts both heroes on an even playing field.

reducing buff by one turn from villains will charge her or?

Brilliant hitter dispeller hero. A one up on Devana.

The key strength for me is clearly the dispel for 3 turns… though, need to see / understand how it works:

• Will ensure LudwiG stays quiet.
  • Double taunt defences can be dealt with well.
  • Being a hitting hero, with extra damage to :fire: ensures Iris deservedly takes her place based on a fairly good attack number.

Happy with this HoTM… only wish the scopes came a bit faster :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes exacly what I point out :face_with_monocle:

Did someone test her in context of gaining 10% mana after a debuff? In Polish translation it is written that she gets 10% of mana when an effect is cleaned but from this hero (Iris itself). It might be a translation error but it may also work this way which would make her much weaker…

1 Like

That’s what it says in english too. When a buff she has is dispelled by the enemy, she will gain 10% mana.

1 Like

I’m wondering if we would be happier because Iris got buffed upon release or if she was always this way in beta.

1 Like