⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Zhuge Liang

This thread is for discussing whether Zhuge Liang is well-balanced, or whether you think she needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Zhuge Liang. For that, please see: 🐼 Zhuge Liang – 5* Holy / Yellow from War of the Three Kingdoms

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Zhuge Liang is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Zhuge Liang is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Zhuge Liang is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Zhuge Liang is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Zhuge Liang ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the main hero thread.

2 Likes

Maybe im not seeing the greater usage of him, but im comparing him to Lu Bu who is also slow.
I mean, Lu Bu does 295 damage upfront, and gives fiends that block ailiments. Sure, they are not as buff as Zhuge Liang, but still.
If his minions was a little bit beefier, like 15%hp. And the minions acted like mini ferants, and the fiends where a little bit less beefie but acted like Lu Bu s fiends, he would be for sure be used a lot more.

I mean, the guy gives weak minions that might counterattack only once, and then gives fiends that does really nothing except dealing a bit damage and steal healing. But this and only this for a slow hero, im not sold, if he was average, sure, or if he would do something more, either as i wrote above, or some kind of damage upfront, i would for sure use him, but now, he works good as a benchwarmer.

6 Likes

Have faced him in raids couple of times and was no problem at all. I think his counterattack depending on minions lasts too shortly, his fiends do nothing valuable except the small damage.

He either needs to be average speed or have solid effects, maybe on fiends.

1 Like

@PlayForFun Thank you so much for creating this topic.

He does nothing much and really needs a buff. He is the weakest among 3 kingdom hero’s. Either his speed needs to be changed to average . If he is slow he needs to do direct damage or his fiends needs to do something extra.

4 Likes

Agreed, have him but still sitting at 1.1 (my only w3k 5*…). I don’t mind slow heroes but the impact of his special is to limited. Should be easy to make the minions (& fiends) stronger. Would be nice to add a small buff to fiend (block something).

1 Like

He is Exeera-level bad and among the heroes for which leveling is a complete waste of items. Definitely needs a major upgrade.

1 Like

His fiends should do more than just 60% damage.

Attack down or defence down would be a good add on.

This way he will be a better support for his allies.

In Chinese history, he was a renowned advisor who was coveted by all 3 rulers.

2 Likes

For a support hero… Zhuge is just too slow… I like my healers fast or average… I like my blind heroes fast or average, my minion health at magic speed with motega or Anastasia… A slow support hero… That is a tough sell. Maybe if his fiends also blinded or reduced mana speed or something… But as is… He is just not useable.

1 Like

seriously buff him up man! it’s an insult for a real life character like him.

1 Like

His fiends are fine (can withstand heal from Viv not increased by troops), but his minions are meh. They should have much more HP (at least 20%) and instead of reflect they should do same thing as Diaochan’s (ie. buff steal). She’s fast so it would be justified for him.

Yeah 50% is rather nasty.

I was thinking that his fiends can buy more time since need 50% heal to shake them off.

Trying to rationalise why either special is not “exceptional” for a historical figure who played an important part during that period.

If his minions are beefed, that works good too.

I have tried pairing him with motega… But they don’t sync well. I still think he’s a good option with gargoyles, but like Don corleone, look at what they did to my boy…

He’s a real disappointment. I wish he was a bit better. Maybe average speed?

I love a buff… At average speed i can hide the minions behind Anastasia and motega’s minions… But that would sacrifice hanitra being on my 3/1/1 team.

Its sad to see another hero with great potential being out on the bench or thrown into the Soul exchange.

I used my 3.70 zhuge in the vf war… It was a good board for him, but he went off 3 times early… Tons of minions, tons of fiends… His dumb minions got killed quickly, but they did their job of reflect. I want to like zhuge… I really do.

If this guy doesnt get some love before the next W3K… i dont know what SG is doing… 4 real…

2 Likes

I like him… But i don’t love him… I don’t see a situation where he ever gets emblems and only gets ascended of i have 12+ darts.

Zhuge Liang finally got his long awaited buff:

• Shu Soldier Minion HP: 9% → 18%
  • Shu Soldier Minion counterattack: 50% → 65%

What do you guys think, is it enough of a buff to make him more viable now?

1 Like

At tank I’d run Grimble and remove the riposte before… But those dumb fiends would still be there… So my plan might have a poison pill. Skadi would kill herself removing them… So… Maybe if i had arco… But i don’t.