⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Diaochan

This thread is for discussing whether Diaochan is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Diaochan. For that, please see: 🐼 Diaochan – 5* Dark / Purple from War of the Three Kingdoms

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Diaochan is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Diaochan is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Diaochan is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Diaochan is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Diaochan ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Diaochan thread.

1 Like

If they gonna nerf Diaochan, im gonna feed all my roster to 1* heroes and post over here. If SG nerf Diaochan then way they do not nerf Ludwig, Alfrike, Guardian Kong C , Eloise, Finley C , Quinel and many others heroes.

4 Likes

She heals all and put a minion on only 3 heroes, the minion do stuff. It isn’t at the level of Lady of the Lake’s minions wich can break balance in a certain game mode (rush battle) and while it has it’s own place to shine (buff booster) Diaochan isn’t even one of the best picks here.

Overall well balanced.

5 Likes

I usually check how different heroes are used in global top 100 and local top 100. It gives at least a view…She is not used widely. So I didn’t followed my standard routine and upgraded her and full emblems. After a few days I was forced to replace her and take her out from defense team. Nowadays she is used only in wars.
Meeting her in enemy defense team is even a smaller problem.

Basically I don’t care if she is buffed or nerfed, she is not living up to my expectations and other available heroes. This is my view and I am fine whatever view you have.

Part of this may be, that she was haused (raised to sky) before release .

Happy gaming

4 Likes

I’ve seldom face her in raids; furthermore, as it was said before, she only gaves minions for her and nearby allies.
I don’t have her but I think it’s ok

1 Like

So soon ?! Only met her twice in RT. Not in war yet.

As long as board is okay, all good.

I agree with you she is underwhelming, if she cleansed she would be better , her minions die quick even with other minion heroes supporting her

3 Likes

For being part of a niche event and not coming along too often to pull, I actually find her pretty underwhelming. I have her maxed and honestly I rarely use her. I also rarely face her in top 100 raids.

2 Likes

I think she is perfectly fine as is, Fast healer with useful but not overpowered minions for herself and nearby. Hardly an over powered hero.

Xylophone and Hulda are bigger threats to me.

4 Likes

Hulda and Xylophone are alot better Diao Chan is trash compared to them , only thing Dioa has on them is looks.

1 Like

I don’t know about that, Xylophone is a stunner! :laughing:

2 Likes

How can this post exist, but there isn’t one for Director Zuri?

5 Likes

She will be buffed everytime her portal shows up so soon your fast healer + minions with monster stats (which is already incredible) will soon also deal 900% damage to all and boost 9000 points of extra health. Just be patient.

Because someone asked for this thread and @PlayForFun is just awesome and created it.

If you want one for zuri either create one or ask if someone makes one.
Or you will find here something

There is a lot of discussion about the director after her last buff.

1 Like

yeah and delilah is crying at the corner

2 Likes

Lmao! I bring Diaochan vs buffers all the time, and saying she’s a trash hero is just flat out wrong.

2 Likes

In some other universe, players of this game actually get to use finished heroes without ever experiencing adjustments and don’t have to pay to in effect be beta testers. But not this universe.

Super annoying in buff booster or when you bring a buff-heavy team to fight her when she’s on defense (e.g. I lost a critical raid fight last tournament because she copied my taunt), but definitely not as strong as Hulda. Great hero, unique special, but not overpowered in any way. No need to nerf her at all.

1 Like

Those who believe and vote for the fact that the Diao is well balanced, those simply do not have it. I have it pumped to the maximum and on the emblems and is completely disappointing. Minions very rarely have time to copy someone, because there are only 3 of them, and not 5 like Hulda’s. Be kind and add minions to all allies, not just the closest ones. Even Freya is better in battle.

Hello, I just lost three rounds to Diaochan. Her minions stole Kara’s taunt. They stole a buff attack from Gullinbursti. Her mana is too fast. Give it average mana and we have a chance to play it.