⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Treevil

This thread is for discussing whether Treevil is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Treevil. For that, please see: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Treevil

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Treevil is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Treevil is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Treevil is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Treevil is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Treevil ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Treevil thread.

11 Likes

Rush Attack is the reason it’s hard to release a bunch of Very Slow heroes, and prior to Treevil, that mana speed was populated by only Alfrike, Boss Wolf, and Guardian Owl.

i don’t mind that heroes are released at their relevant mana speeds without necessarily having a regard for specific game modes (Treevil and Alfrike in Rush, Mica and Sif in Buff Booster, Gnomer in Bloody Battle), but yes, i will still get frustrated if i have a bad time with Treevil in this week’s tournament. :laughing:

6 Likes

While I find this hero to be well balanced, he is a nightmare in VF tournaments. I use gems sometimes to extend sometimes. When I lose all 4 on the second day, I won’t spend those gems. This hero is going to cause a lot of that in 3* tournies.

It’s your game, but if you want to extract gems, this doesn’t help your cause.

5 Likes

It’s not a simple question, actually.

For VF mana 3* tournaments - yes, it’s OP and needs a nerf.

BUT.
It’s a great opportunity for F2P players to get great heroes for VF-mana wars.
And 4* tournaments.

I answered that a nerf should be done, but not a big one.
I’d choose between one of the following:

• damage 100% (current 250%)
  • attack debuff -24% (current -54%)
  • no mana regen debuff

Let’s make him “very good in something”, but not “very good in everything”.

27 Likes

I just faced one in the tournament. It was brutal. Either you have the luckiest luck possible within the first two moves, or you don’t stand a single chance. He fired and the following slash attacks killed every single hero. +20 limit broken heroes.
Maybe per se is a fine and balanced hero, but in rush absolutely not. Am i the only one thinking devs should replace rush events with “every hero has very slow mana” event? It just sounds better to weaken most of the heroes than making a few ones (almost) impossible to face.

17 Likes

I chose well balanced because other than rush attack 3* tournaments, his mana speed fits what he can do. There is a reason they made him very slow. Yes, he shines in rush attack tournaments, but there are others that do as well: 3*, 4*, and 5*.

5 Likes

As always You wish to everyone bee nerfed :man_facepalming:t4::sweat_smile:
Just leave the tree the way it is, and many F2P players in that case could use him on Rush wars, on titans and tournaments.
In my personal opinion Evil tree is reasonably well balanced if You have to use him also against 4* and 5* heroes, yes he might be pretty strong in fights against other 3* heroes, but well look at it the way that there he will be used only on Rush tournaments for 3*heroes.
Regards Wild

9 Likes

I don’t have it hero, but I’m against all nerfs. Players have spent rare resources, why offend them.
Yours and so many hate for what they did to Tella and Vela. Better power up useless heroes, and restore power to those who were previously nerfed. It is psychologically correct and environmentally friendly to give something to the players on whom your income depends, and not to take away from them.

11 Likes

I faced him in the tournament, limit broken. Got him out first. No problem. Still, I lost the fight, but not because of him. So well-balanced for me.

3 Likes

I came across someone while searching for people to raid who was in diamond and had two of him on the wings, Max Talent and 1 LB. Didn’t bother cause the trophies were too low but found it funny cause the rest were all 5*s.

Why nobody re-balance Alfrika??? What is the difference? Is she reasonable balanced in VF mana? As soon as every non-donater get a chance to catch good 3* everyone starts complain! It is not fair guys…

10 Likes

I’ll see your feedback after the next rush tournament for 4* heroes )))

3 Likes

When you choose a 3* hero in your team against a 14* titan then its a clear indication that something is wrong. I tried him today against our 14* Hydra, team was Treevil, Khiona, Alfrike, Kunchen, Sergei, with using only mana pots and banners with a few tornadoes if the board was bad, every single flag was above 50k, most of them above 80k. If they tweaked his ailment numbers so that he wouldnt be better than Kunchen in terms of def down i would be ok with him but this way he is a bit more powerful than what we could expect from a 3*.

1 Like

This isn’t the only viable 3* hero VS 14* Titans… Also nordi and c. Brienne, now that alliance quest bertulf guy as well… So I wouldn’t consider that to be the key Nerf point, some were using Maeve before this guy.

9 Likes

Tough to say yet, unlike Telluria who was in every stinking raid defense for around a year, I am not sure how much of Treevil we will see beyond the VF tournaments.

His special is ridiculous enough to use him on Raids, Titans, and Map stages so he will be useful to a great many people from an offensive standpoint, so considering that, is it worth nerfing him for the sake of seeing less of him in VF tournaments?

4 Likes

He’s become the 3* Alfrike. People have been wanting to nerf her for years. He’s essentially just a way better Gilra. Better bring cleansers is all.

It is interesting that so many people are excited either for or against about a 3 star though.

6 Likes

Nordri is only an option if you dont have Frida or Arthur, Bertulf if you dont have Miki, Tarlak, Sergei or Gazelle and C. Brienne if you dont have Athena, Treevil’s - 56% defense is top-tier even among 5*s.

4 Likes

Very slow should have a very strong special, so I think he’s fine as is, any problem with him is the rush format, and I can live with that

8 Likes

On a very fast speed his effect is just too strong and for balance’s sake his special’s percentages should have been tweaked down (maybe pre release as per my BETA feedback)

Even when compared with similar heroes (Gill-Ra or other -def damaging heroes) he is just too strong for a little difference in speed.

2 Likes

It is not the hero that’s the problem, rush is the main problem. The only thing that should be balanced is rush

10 Likes