โš– Hero Balance Discussion: Deadboot

This thread is for discussing whether Deadboot is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Deadboot. For that, please see: ๐Ÿ‘บ Deadboot - 5* Dark / Purple from Goblin Village

If youโ€™d like to see more threads like this โ€” or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: ๐Ÿ”” Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Deadboot is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Deadboot is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Deadboot is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • Iโ€™m not sure yet
0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Deadboot is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak โ€” why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions youโ€™d make to the game designers to alter Deadboot ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a Ideas & Feature Requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Deadboot thread.

Have been using him the past couple of days in test raids to see how I like him.

Very fast sniper that steals buffs is nice. He does not hit anyone hard enough to one shot them but he can clear the taunt for your AoE hitters to work.

The November Balance update buff that went live today will make a difference (Wither going from -160 Def to -300 Def) although he still wonโ€™t one shot anyone in raids, it could be enough to tempt some people to use him on titans.

He seems to be relatively well balanced, good enough to use but not OP.

1 Like

did you miss last mt?

1 Like

Donโ€™t recall mentioning MT in my post, donโ€™t see it in the quote either, different beast to titans.

Now that the topic has been breached:

Darkfeather was everywhere on Mythic titan, his buffs work 100% of what the card says regardless of arena and he is clearly an object of desire because of exactly that, a gamechanger.

Deadboot could make sense on the mythic titan because those battles are longer than regular titans.

BUT

It is worth remembering that Wither is less effective vs. monsters and titans than in PvP, NOW, post November 2023 buff, Deadbootโ€™s Wither gives -185 Defense to a mob instead of -300 Def (61.7% effective), this IMPLIES that if the % effectiveness remained exactly the same he was doing -99 Def pre-buff, so it is tough to envision Deadboot was going to have a big impact during the 90 seconds on regular titans.

Now he could be worthy of a spot in the dark team but which of the five core heroes gets pulled out?, DD? EDD? Tile Buffer? Attack Booster? Damage Booster?

Mythic Titans titan battles are longer so the Wither can build up more AND you need to swap out heroes in your attack team to avoid the debuff so clearly Deadboot deserves a turn too.

1 Like