⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Eset

This thread is for discussing whether Eset is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Eset. For that, please see: ☀ Eset – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Eset is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Eset is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Eset is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Eset is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Eset ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Eset thread.

1 Like

How is she excessively weak? Look at her in comparison to Papyros, Set and that blue bird. She isn’t underpowered. Just because she doesn’t break the game, doesn’t mean she is useless. Asking to buff reasonable heroes is how we ended up in the mess we’re in now. Let’s buff the heroes that actually need buffing.

6 Likes

If you use her on titans, she’s going to be great. If you use her anywhere else, she’s probably not too exciting. That doesn’t necessarily mean she needs a buff elsewhere as she excels at one thing she’s really good.

3 Likes
  1. I might be wrong on that but I think if someone makes the calculation (including the extra damage in purple and the 70% addition) she hits pretty much as strong as Congalach but and there is a big ‘‘but’’ thing is that because Congalach hits with 310% to 5 randoms his damage is much more devastating.

2. This card reminds me the case of Anton and Sergei. In this case this hero is definately Anton and all Sergei is Khufu, Ahhmose, Khepri, Sneferu and the list goes on. I’m saying this because Anton has disappeared from the game for a good reason of course and Eset has not even appeared in defences again for a good reason.

Ok for titans.

In conclution I think she is a good hero (like Anton) but good hero doesn’t mean valuable or usefull hero. In my opinion if Eset doesn’t get a good buff besides the stats she will be forgotten.

1 Like

Where’s the option “I don’t have her, so I don’t care”?

4 Likes

“Not sure yet” might be a good option for that :smiley:

1 Like

:joy:

Her card: * Deals 250% damage to the target. Deals exta damage if the target is Dark.* Deals 180% damage to 5 random enemies. Deals exta damage is the target is Dark.* Alters the power of all Holy shields on the board. When an attacking Hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced with +64% attack. When a defending hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -57% attack.

A more conservative approach: It should be change like this: Deals 150% damage to the target. Deals extra damage (2x150%) if the target is Dark. Deals 250% damage to 5 randoms enemies. Deals extra damage (2x250%) against dark. This makes her just a little stronger and balanced. And the last about shields the same. Personally I don’t care much about titan damage.

2 Likes

I went with “I don’t have her, so she needs a nerf” :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

I will be using this a lot if this option appears :rofl:

1 Like

Welcome to the club :blush:

1 Like

It’s not about Eset it’s about balance. Look at purple heroes Khepri, Sneferu, Set, Bastet, they are all over powered. And look at the yellow ones Eset, Meresankh. Who would choose if you could? The answer is obvious. I don’t know what kind but obviously Eset needs a generous buff in ‘‘big balance update’’. The best thing she has is her special skill animation which is quite beautiful. Thank you.

1 Like

Shes absolutely terrible not worth the darts emblems anything shes worth collecting dust on the bench

1 Like

Did you just say, with utter certainty, that Eset is weaker than SET?

Tell me you don’t have Set without telling me you don’t have set… :face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes::point_right:t5:

Set might be the weaker from the list but he has this mana thing. Anyway he is a minion summoner and that’s enough.

Exactly it’s about balance: Dark and Light. Now they want to nerf Cleopatra. What for? She is a unique hero like for example Elizabeth amazing as it is and not overpowered. I don’t have Cleopatra but this doesn’t mean that I don’t see that some heroes don’t need nerf and some heroes need buff.
Ι haven’t even start levelling Eset if she doesn’t get stronger I’m not gonna.
It’s just a game I know.

Υοu SG nerfed Telluria cause he was in top defences but with the same criteria are you gonna buff Eset which has zero appearances in defence? This is a negative record for the game especially for a season 5 hero. Restore Eset : 250% damage to the target. Deals extra damage against dark. 270% damage to 5 random enemies. Deals extra damage against dark. Anything less than that makes Eset off. Period.

6 Likes

Buff Eset. 20 characters.

2 Likes

She’s a great healer, doesn’t need a buff