⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Clarissa

This thread is for discussing whether Clarissa is well-balanced, or whether you think she needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Clarissa. For that, please see: Clarissa – 5* Dark/ Purple - May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Clarissa is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Clarissa is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of her strength)
  • I think Clarissa is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of her strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Clarissa is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Clarissa? Or are there specific reasons you think she should remain unchanged?

1 Like

Remember that time when I suggested we (mods) get ahead of the buff/nerf hero threads by just making them in advance?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

15 Likes

Well, here we are. :clap:

11 Likes

:joy:

:rofl:

:cry:

6 Likes

I want to be the first to say that she sucks and needs to be fixed.

I also want to take this occasion and be the first to say that she is a beast and needs to be nerfed.

36 Likes

Over/under how many times you have to lock this thread? Probably not as many as Telluria…I hope

1 Like

:male_detective: no comment

you probably meant lock, but I prefer the typo :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Mock? Or lock?

Mock the thread; not many

Lock the thread; hopefully not many

7 Likes

Totally meant lock lol

8 Likes

Elemental link and Paladin makes her harder to kill but it would be interesting if we could convert that into ‘how many vanilla Joon snipes can vanilla Clarissa handle’?

If she can survive 2 snipes that’s pretty good I’ll say.

Does anyone other than Mother North survive 2 Joon specials?

Well exactly, I’d think not, but I’m curious to know what exactly her elemental link or pally class does for her practically, measured in terms of Joon snipes

Joon is my orphan - one of my first five stars but continually passed over for final assertion by the presence of better/more useful heroes. So I don’t know his full special. I do know Lianna’s as I run 3 of her fully maxed. And I don’t know if I’ve ever fired her stock, back to back at the same hero. I usually have Eve preceding the Lianna Triplets, so that changes things. I may have to raid and try out doubles

1 Like

I’m disappointed they left her DoT at 224, and that’s putting it nicely.

I’ll leave it at that.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Clarissa – New May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

For me Clarissa is an good Hero. Not a top 5 like GM but definetly Will see a lot of Game. If i get her I’ll Max her but if I don’t, It won’t be the end of the world.

Edit: I readed in the forum that her initial damage to sacred is 70% higher and her DOT a 33% higher. This is an edge comparing her to GM. Clarissa wins some minipoints more.

2 Likes

I think she may turn out to be slightly better than GM, but it’s early days yet…

2 Likes

Thematically I’ve noticed that burns > poisons in terms of power when it comes to similar ranged skills. Even across rarities, this holds true:

Burn Poison
Jahangir – 114 Oberon – 96
Colen – 330 C.C. – 276
Marjana – 300 Sartana – 294
Gravemaker – 298 Clarissa – 224

Maybe that’s why they wanted Clarissa’s poison to be weaker than Gravemakers?

Or perhaps it’s more than just a theme, and dark being good against holy (holy vs dark is weird) is the reason why poisons are just generally weaker.

Okay all that aside, I think Clarissa is a great hero. Her damage being considerably lower than Gravemaker is a bit odd though, specially when I see the difference between Marjana and Sartana as much closer.

6 Likes

GM has 2 Dot types (bleed+burn), very hard for Clarissa to catch up in term of dmg

It’s an interesting observation, but it feels a bit unfair to compare Slow Colen to Fast Cheshire Cat.

Plus Colen is over 6 turns, and Cheshire is over 4 — so Cheshire has a higher per-turn amount.

And Cheshire is undispellable on top of that.

5 Likes