⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Anne

This thread is for discussing whether Anne is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Anne For that, please see: 🏴‍☠ Anne – 5* Holy / Yellow from Pirates of Corellia

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Anne is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Anne is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Anne is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Anne is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Anne ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Anne thread.

2 Likes

It’s not that SG doesn’t know, they simply don’t care. Only the top 10 matters to SG

8 Likes

nerf this hero, immediately!

note:
my post might be edited (to opposite statement) later if i get her. but if i still don’t have her. Yes she is super OP and needs to be nerfed very soon :crazy_face:

14 Likes

I could try to write out a long, reasoned post about the raw numbers and additional problem a major debuff atop that, all at Fast speed, plus all the passive/family terms and conditions and consulting Line 37c of Schedule HH to fully proc this special, or could just meme and call it a day:

8 Likes

Man this Chick is tooooo Much! I’d say you could either lose the 4 Turn anti special skill ailment and keep the upfront damage the same (possibly would need to be AVG speed) or reduce the damage substantially and keep the 4 turn ailment.
Again to sound like a broken record - this sort of thing really should be being tested extensively in Beta and by the Dev’s before being released.
None of us like having to post in these type of threads so please stop making us do it. Ty

4 Likes

They once again completely ignore all feedback and released an absolutely overpowered hero.

Looks like challenge festival 1 wasn’t giving them the enough money.

7 Likes

If they reduced her damage to the same as Costumed Finley, would the heroes be on par? They have different conditions, one requires health over half whilst the other one relies on enemy buffs. One does a GUARANTEED -56% defense to all hit enemies, the other does a variety of ailments IF the enemies fire their special. Just wondering if her damage is what puts her on top?

1 Like

I just wrote a post about this in the general discussion. I went further into it, and I am no longer depressed thinking about her. Yes, she is extremely strong, but she is not game-ending.
I compared with testing done with C. Finley and based on other heroes with 550% attack, and found that

First hit: 1100 hp
Second hit: 880 hp
Third hit: 550 hp
Fourth hit: 330 hp
Fifth hit: 110 hp

Thats a lot for a fast attacker, but it is not absolutely unheard of. C, Finley has a harder condition, but leaves them with an immediate -56% def. Anne’s secondary can be undone by also using a cleanser that same round as you use specials from others.

Of course, her family bonus is heavy, but a lot of her family is (sorry guys) weaklings.

10 Likes

Right now I would personally pick Kullervo over her if I could pick and choose

1 Like

Defensively she is plain broken. As soon as she fires once - and assuming you’re not losing (which, you shouldn’t hopefully be…) - she will hit every single one of your heroes. And then? You can’t use a single damn SS on any of them for four turns. And she’s fast speed lol like…

…what?!

Alfrike/Treevil on steroids at fast mana lol

Finley - the closest comparison - has a much more niche condition to meet, that’s far easier to work around defensively. Just don’t bring buffs, or be careful bout the timing, and you’re all good. Not to mention, if he does hit someone, their defense is only lowered for three turns (not four). And less damage and effects too.

But Anne?!?! LOL every hero has 50% HP at some point. Can’t actually say the same of the opposite (aka below 50% HP). With her, you’d actually hope for your heroes to be dying, and hold back healing them to be safe. Counter-intuitive, much?

One miscalculation, and you’re essentially toast.

So yeah, totally broken imo. But honestly? What hero isn’t nowadays :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

No need to spend money on this game anymore. You are just going to see more and more of this until they come out with a hero that ends it all and nobody plays anymore

6 Likes

To be fair, her secondary only kicks in IF you use your SS, and only for the hero who uses it.
When facing her I would definitely bring someone who could cleanse, and if you time it correctly you can use the SS, and then cleanse the same round, so no negative effect.

Finley is much worse in that his -56% can be at the beginning of the opponents turn, and set you up for death be a second heroes killshot.

6 Likes

Which is essentially mana block all on it’s own. Akin to holding SS due to dodge being live without a dispeller. Except, least there, you have a shot at landing your skill in case dispel isn’t ready… Here? Guaranteed to get Treevil’d, and that :poop: laaaaasts

3 Likes

Yes, but you can prepare.
I usually raid with three healers and at least one cleanser. Use the cleanser last and you get no effect.

Or, take risk; if your hero with the SS was the one who got hit last, it only took about 100 hp damage. You can probably survive the ailments if you really want to fire.

It may limit you, but it is nowhere close to getting the ailment up front

3 Likes

I think I’m going to hold off forming an opinion currently till I see it in live game more to fight against.

When CFinley, CPanther, Goseck came out there were thoughts they’d ruin the game. I’m hopeful this may be not as bad as first thought either

7 Likes

Finally, a voice of reason instead of instant panic.

Let’s see how she actually works. Her secondary effects (debuffs) can be preempted or cleansed. If not at tank, there is the chance she only hits two (presumably always killing the first target). On offense, if you want her to chain, you will have to hit a hero with 50% or more health, as opposed to the biggest threat, so there will by some tradeoff in effectiveness.

All I am saying is that she is unlikely to be the be-all and end-all of heroes. And if she is, she will be nerfed to death anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Lucky pull & what a hitter :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

this power creep is now just ridiculous, 550% and hits >50% hp, being fast she’ll likely go off when everyone is >50%. just insane. i have winifred, and have wanted khufu. winifred is 550% and chains minor so 225%, khufu is 450% chaining. at least these 2 are slow. anne is fast, which is just ridiculously insane. SG continues to make it very eay to go C2P w/ the pace of this stuff. better start working on round 3 and 4 of S1 costumes cuz 2nd version now in underpowered.

7 Likes

hopefully u can power level her, she’s insane. i hope i never run into your defense

1 Like

Her hits are reduced pr. hit enemy, so by the third hit its minor and goes down to about 10% of first hit. Her total damage is far less than Khufu, naturally.

Her total damage is on par with Mr. Pengi with minions galore

3 Likes