Clarissa – 5* Dark/ Purple - May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

New HOTM RELEASED for MAY 2020: Clarissa

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Clarissa, as well as your thoughts on her.

If you’d like to discuss whether Clarissa is appropriately balanced, or possibly in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Clarissa

:bar_chart: Stats

Clarissa

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 790 768 1474
4/90 904 878 1686
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2020
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Miasma Mace
  • Deals 155% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 284 Poison damage over 2 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Holy.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +30% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2020 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% healing.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

July 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Clarissa from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta info: 🧪 Early Information on the May 2020 HOTM (Clarissa)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Clarissa?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Clarissa.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Clarissa and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Clarissa worth summoning for?

• Would you use Clarissa on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Clarissa?

• What heroes would you take when facing Clarissa as an opponent?

• Would you give Clarissa Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Clarissa’s special?

• What do you think of Clarissa’s character design?

• If you Summoned Clarissa and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Clarissa, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Clarissa when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Clarissa, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Clarissa (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Clarissa), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

NOTE: If you’d like to discuss whether Clarissa is appropriately balanced, or perhaps in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Clarissa

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

11 Likes

Feedback Poll - Clarissa (post release)

:question: Is Clarissa worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Clarissa would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Clarissa’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Poisoner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Clarissa compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Clarissa’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Clarissa worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Clarissa is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Clarissa is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :balance_scale: Hero Balance Discussion: Clarissa

Got her with my first pull… lol finally I got that special luck … cannot wait to level her up

7 Likes

Had saved up gems for a 30-pull from Atlantis, shooting for either GM or Kage (no luck there), pretty dismal 30, but got Clarissa at the end.

12 Likes

Who is the better gravemaker…
Gravemaker or Clarissa?

3 Likes

At least tell me that she’s blond!

2 Likes

Hard to say.

Gravemaker counters green, but when he’s on defense you’re not gonna use green against him.Clarissas extra damage vs holy is stronger.
DoT is worse, but she has extra resistance vs poison (not super useful, as she’s purple herself, but better than nothing) and better stats.
Elemental link is hard to compare.

She’s defenitely superior on defense on her own (Paladin, defense vs Specials, Poison resistance), though the GM-Telluria-Vela defense will still be stronger.
On offense it depends on who you’re up against. GM vs green or Clarisas vs holy.

8 Likes

Not a blonde

10 Likes

Got her as well… 6 tabards in stock… Now clarissa or vitor? … I think is clarissa…
Maybi is going to help me defeating headache telluria?

1 Like

Same situation here. Hoping for Burrito or Gravy but not a total loss in the end. :smiley:

5 Likes

I know the odds, but my account is m-effing CURSED! 50 pulls and nothing but an Atomos. I now have two Atomos and two Mok-Arrs. Why is my account cursed with crap heroes? I’d seriously rather they gave me 40 3* heros.

9 Likes

Currently leveling Kunchen up to 3/70, and have G. Panther sitting at 3/70, too. Think I may have to leapfrog them with Clarissa, as I also have 6 (and only 6) tabards.

Got her on 4th pull. Got lucky. Telluria at 4/66. Still need 3 tabard.

2 Likes

Clarissa of course. She’s way stonger on offense.

Didn’t look for her, just wanted to use tokens and after two of them, got her

9 Likes

I also summoned for Grave and Kage, and I got 2 Clarissa. First one is at 4/12, I am out of food :confused: I love her :slight_smile:

17 Likes

How many sumonings have you done?

Are we only allowed to show and discuss happy pulls to hype people up so they spend money? Am I not allowed to vent? Can I not write eff?

3 Likes