đŸ•” Griffin – S4 Hero – 4* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Griffin!

:bar_chart: Stats

Griffin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Rogue
F
Fast
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increased Special Skill Damage – The first time this hero casts special skill that does damage, additional 30% is added to its power.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Invisible Strike
  • Deals 340% damage to the target.
  • The attack will always bypass counterattacks and reflection.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 35 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Griffin from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Griffin?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Griffin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Griffin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Griffin worth summoning for?

• Would you use Griffin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Griffin?

• What heroes would you take when facing Griffin as an opponent?

• Would you give Griffin Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Griffin’s special?

• What do you think of Griffin’s character design?

• If you Summoned Griffin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Griffin and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Griffin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Griffin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Griffin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Griffin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Griffin.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Griffin by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Griffin by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Griffin by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Griffin by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Griffin by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Griffin.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Griffin by the 203rd pull.

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Griffin.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Griffin (post release)

:question: Is Griffin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Griffin would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Griffin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Griffin compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Griffin’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Griffin worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Griffin is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Griffin will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

I picked up 2 Griffins. Really liking the bypasses defences. In rush tournaments that can be a real pain sometimes with the riposte heroes
especially if your debuff hero has been picked in first.

I’ll definitely level 1 and see how I feel about the dupe but my yellow 4* do need some teeth

8 Likes

Griffin is a good pull since he’s a sniper and decent tile damage for a 4. In a way, similar to Scarlett

1 Like

I pulled him and will definitely work on getting him to 4/70 once I finally get Ureaus to 4/80. Is definitely the next Holy hero that I will be working on.

1 Like

Hits even harder than most on his special.

His passive makes his first hit a true killer.

3 Likes

Just pulled him, looks interesting. and yes, the passive ability is cool. I’d work on him straightaway, but i just pulled Mist at Valhalla. he’ll be leveled up shortly thereafter.

Excited to pull 2 Griffins, he’s certainly above average for a 4* hero. Really like the passive ability too, he’s going to be a good counter to cyprian!

1 Like

“As if millions of ursenas suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced”

– old ben

15 Likes

The only way this guy is going to survive long enough to actually break through her reflect is if his rogue skill dodges her initial fire.

I had that same thought as you, but I think he’s here for dealing with riposte more than anything else.

2 Likes

Very happy to have got Griffin, can see me using him a lot in buff booster tournament against boril and cyprian flanks.

Also can come into my anti Ursena team

2 Likes

I get Griffin and another 2 of 3* heroes but Griffin is unique in the game with his special and tile damage because he bypass everything eaven tile damage and counterattack so he can’t be killed only with a special from enemy team. At the moment he’s the most valuable 4* hero in the game

1 Like

I don’t agree with that statement and was thinking through the heroes I’d rather have. Before I posted that list I wanted to check to see if I was way off with the group consensus.

What I found was quite surprising.

You said 0 copies of Griffin would be useful to keep

You also have him ranked as on par with most (which is what I vote, but I think I might have undervalued him).

Detective Ruskin coming through in the clutch. You’re ridiculous that you would even notice that.

Griffin is hardly the best 4* in the game. That designation will forever belong to Proteus, with Mist a few steps behind.

3 Likes

No idea what you are saying. Care to elaborate?

Took some things for granted in that post, sorry.

I’m order for Griffin to be able to use his special on Ursena to slice through the yellow reflect, Ursena has to have used her special at least once. Griffin is going to take a massive hit when she does that and (how I’m envisioning it) is that he won’t be able to survive long enough to even get to use this invisible strike.

Luckily, he’s a rogue and has a chance to dodge that however. Silver linings.

This guy is going to be a juggernaut if we can find a way to keep him alive and share emblems vis a vis Guardian Jackal.

1 Like

Depends on how it’s stacked and how Ursena is positioned.

Griffin is fast and with his special, it allows yellow stacking against Ursena. Sometimes if a stack comes short of a tile before Ursena fires, he can still kill Ursena or another hero with his special especially when yellow lacks dispel heroes.

He is good for those lack of solid yellow snipers and he is only a 4 stars. Having 2 copies of him in a stack is also workable.

2 Likes

Not sure he will be sturdy enough against 5* but having a hard hitting yellow sniper will be great for 4* tournaments. Chao, even with costume has a lackluster attack stat (hitting a max of 761 when fully emblemed), and his costume, while having a higher attack stat, has a weaker hit (275% vs 315%).

Meanwhile, Griffin hits harder (340% vs 315%; the difference is even greater on his first hit) and has an attack stat close to that of a max emblem Chao with a costume bonus (739). In addition, he is a rogue, which is only below the wizard class for attack boosts.

At +18 he’ll have 866 attack going the full sword path. 340% @ 866 attack is absolutely no joke for a 4*, and is a very much welcomed in a color where there’s a severe lack of hitters in the 4* category. (Chao hits like a wet noodle, and Jackal even with his stupid high attack stat still doesn’t hit very hard until the second time with that middling 270% multiplier)

2 Likes

I got this guy first pull . Honestly he is one of the only season 4 heroes I wanted besides the red 5 star murderer lady. Cyprian doesn’t bother me as much as Boril but I can’t wait to use him on both . I’m almost done leveling Kvasir and this guy will be next . The camp is full of holy trainees for this guy . Once leveled I will see where he is before adding emblems . He is very unique and I am so excited that I pulled him