đŸ•” Akkorog – S4 Hero – 5* Holy/ Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Akkorog!

:bar_chart: Stats

Akkarog

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Ranger
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increased Special Skill Damage
The first time this hero casts special skill that does damage, additional 30% is added to its power.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all allies’ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 4 turns .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Colossal Chop
  • Rearranges the enemy positions randomly.
  • Deals 280% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Akkorog from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Akkorog?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Akkorog.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Akkorog and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Akkorog worth summoning for?

• Would you use Akkorog on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Akkorog?

• What heroes would you take when facing Akkorog as an opponent?

• Would you give Akkorog Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Akkorog’s special?

• What do you think of Akkorog’s character design?

• If you Summoned Akkorog and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Akkorog and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Akkorog when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Akkorog, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Akkorog (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Akkorog), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Featured Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.3% chance of summoning Akkarog (Featured).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 9 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Akkorog by pull 30
  • 28 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Akkorog by pull 100
  • 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Akkorog by pull 300
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Akkorog by pull 898
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Akkorog by pull 1380

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 91 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Akkorog by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $83.99 USD to summon 30 times, 904,687 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Akkorog.

• 28 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Akkorog by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 716,133 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Akkorog.

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Akkorog by the 1,380th pull.

• If 1 Million players each each spent $3,863.61 USD to summon 1,380 times, 9,975 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Akkorog.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Akkorog (post release)

:question: Is Akkorog worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Akkorog would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Akkorog’s Primary Purpose is?

• Reshuffler
  • Damage Dealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Akkorog compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Akkorog’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Akkorog worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Akkorog is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Akkorog is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Because he rearranges the enemy positions before he deal damage, if he use his skill on tank and the tank are rearranged to wing position, will he deal damage to that old tank (and flank) ?

Correct. Whoever you have targetted at the time of casting, he will target that person (and nearby) AFTER the rearranging is done.

4 Likes

Somehow, in a 10 pull, I got 2 of him
just when I was going to give darts to Sif.

2 Likes

So funny, I just got Sif to 3/70 yesterday, but decided to wait. I didn’t get any 5* from a 30 pull so I’ll probably still do Sif. I’m not even sure I do this guy over Sif.

To me, he looks a bit like one of the Easter heroes - dealing very high damage for his speed, but with a drawback. Because yes, rearranging heroes feels like a drawback, at least when used on offense.

He was difficult to balance because of that. 300% seemed too high for a hit-3 fast hero, especially with his passive ability bonus that adds up. On the other hand, 280% is a bit underwhelming, as we had heroes that do around that damage and their secondary effects are actually useful (hi Drake, hi Moreau). Still that bonus dmg for first hit is no joke, and I expect it to play significant role when he is placed in defense, where rearranging doesn’t matter all that much, but damage does.

My feelings towards him are a bit like for Killhare at release. I am not fully sure if I like him, though he seem to hit like a truck. But I learnt to like Killhare. Maybe I’ll learn to like and appreciate Akka, too. For now he feels like the one I wouldn’t want to pull the most.

13 Likes

What happens if one or more of the places is/are empty because the hero is dead and the special is centered on it after the reagengement? Is the strike going to be done or no?

The strike is always centred on the hero you targetted, wherever they end up.

A “rearranged” hero can end up in any spot. Regardless if occupied by a live or dead hero. Look up Cheshire Cat (Empires and Puzzles) for some more info / videos of the rearrange mechanic.

2 Likes

Depending on what happens with raid formations, this drawback can be completely negated. Against the double and reverse double formations he becomes a fast mana 300% damage hit all five heroes regardless of rearrangement.

7 Likes

May or may not. I tested him in beta when formations were active, and it really only added to the overall chaotic feel I had of him. Was sometimes difficult to even figure out who got shot and why, not to mention calculating whether the rearrangement of the formation was actually a good or a bad thing in current circumstances.

Can taunt protect his rearrange ?

the downside of him is his damage after rearrangement. he is expected to hit 3 but if the target is positioned to wing he will damage 2. no upside but the downside risk will ■■■■ off most of the users once they face this. not the best game mechanic, still not bad but will be annoying imo

1 Like

Sorry, this seems to be the most useless hero and I see absolutely no benefit to him, he certainly needs a buff.

4 Likes

Tested it with the cat, works similar.
Yes taunts protects rearrangement.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t like this hero. The rearrangement makes him less attractive to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I know most people don’t like rearrangement but I think rearrangement is quite useful in rush attack especially when you face powerful tank like Alfrike.

8 Likes

Don’t say it if you have not tested him. I think there are maaaaany examples in the forum about the truth in the past sentence.

He is a brawler, many muscles (and arms) and a small brain, he hits what he hits, but he smashes.

1 Like

Imagine him with emblems in attack path plus an attack buffer or a defense debuffer or both.

He is Hulk’s yellow brother.

1 Like

Akkorog
 the worst 5* of this season
?

4 Likes