🕵 Gramps – S4 Hero – 3* Nature/ Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Gramps!

:bar_chart: Stats

Gramps

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Cleric
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 508 583 912
3/60 627 720 1126
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
bulwark Bulwark At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% defense, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this Hero receives damage from Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Elder’s Remedy
  • Each fallen ally has a 33% chance to get revived with 23% HP.
  • All allies generate a moderate amount of mana over 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 30% / 36% / 42% / 48% / 54% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 25 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Gramps from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Gramps?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Gramps.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Gramps and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Gramps worth summoning for?

• Would you use Gramps on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Gramps?

• What heroes would you take when facing Gramps as an opponent?

• Would you give Gramps Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Gramps’ special?

• What do you think of Gramps’ character design?

• If you Summoned Gramps and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Gramps and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Gramps when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Gramps, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Gramps (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Gramps), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Rare Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Gramps.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, you’ll get Gramps by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Gramps by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Gramps by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people won’t get Gramps by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldn’t get Gramps.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Gramps by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Gramps.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Gramps (post release)

:question: Is Gramps worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gramps compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gramps’ Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gramps’ Primary Purpose is?

• Reviver
  • Mana Generator

0 voters

:question: Is Gramps worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Gramps is best used (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gramps will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Already maxxed one of these guys for 3* rush tournaments.

4 Likes

Doesn’t heal - only revives though. Seems like it’ll fire sometimes with only minimal (mana generation) effect.

6 Likes

Finally a true 3* reviver (Muggy works like MT or Shadereave).

2 Likes

Lucky enough to pull this fella, got a bunch of helos and mukas but happy with him and this other 4* green I can’t remember

1 Like

He was my best result from a 10-pull so i maxed him.
I’m still calming down.

6 Likes

In fact, there is a Muggy bug that make Muggy revive original hero but now it is fix.

3 Likes

3 star Albi. Nuff said.

4 Likes

Hmm a 3* rezzer is intriguing but not sure how to fit him in with Grevle…

He is crap slow speed only 33% chance for res and some mana, even when your buddy get up he have 24% hp for a 3* this is like 150-200 hp he die right after that

2 Likes

Did one gem pull and got this guy. Quite pleased to have a three star reviver, though it would have been nice if he healed as well.

All in all, if I had to choose one of the new three stars to have, this one would have been right at the top of the list.

I adore this little steampunk grandpa and his clockwork animation special. Weird but interesting to pair the revive with mana instead of healing.

4 Likes

Like other slow mana heros, I think it could be useful only at those tournaments where all heros are very fast mana

2 Likes

This guy is terrible…no heal is a killer to his uses. People are WAY overvaluing this guy.

13 Likes

There also synergies guys… a hero could be useful also when he doesn’t do all on his own.

Pair him with Bauchan at example and c. hawkmoon and he will be very useful.

IMHO too many players want heroes who could be game changer or match solver.

11 Likes

He heals those who are dead. Don’t forget he is a 3 star hero and not one of those OP 5 stars.

He is very good for what he is worth. Bring a healer along with him.

14 Likes

You know those infuriating occasions when your Grevle is nearly charged and then some rotter kills him? Now Gramps will res him, finish his charge off and woof - Grevle is up and heals everyone. From defeat to victory in one fell swoop. Situational though, he won’t always be worth a place.

14 Likes

I decided to put this fella to +20

14 Likes

I love that he looks like a comic relief character from a Star Wars movie. I wish they gave him an old man laugh for a sound effect.

1 Like