šŸ•µ Congalach ā€“ S4 Hero ā€“ 5* Nature / Green Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero is Released: Congalach

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Congalach, as well as your thoughts on him.

Congalach

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Fighter
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 852 843 1498
4/90 975 965 1714
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this hero receives a damage from Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Spectreā€™s Flail
  • Deals 310% damage to 5 random enemies.
  • Stack (Max 10): Each hit gives its target -9% attack.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 30% / 36% / 42% / 48% / 54% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 25 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Congalach from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 5 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Congalach ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Congalach.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Congalach and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Congalach worth summoning for?

• Would you use Congalach on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Congalach ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Congalach as an opponent?

• Would you give Congalach Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Congalachā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Congalach and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Congalach, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Congalach when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Congalach, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Congalach (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Congalach), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Congalach.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Congalach by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Congalach by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Congalach by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Congalach by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Congalach by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldnā€™t get Congalach

• 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Congalach by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldnā€™t get Congalach

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Congalach (post release)

:question: Is Congalach worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Congalach would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Congalachā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Attack debuffer (via stacks)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Congalach compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Congalachā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Congalachā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Congalach worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Congalach is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Congalach is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

3 Likes

Guess it will be the usual ā€œhe is slow so he is mehā€ :slight_smile: I like him. Nothing special, just a pure evil damage dealer. But nevertheless I will not chase him, if he joins the roster, alrighty then, if not, I am fine, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So 2 specials makes titan with -90% attack debuff ? ( 10 stackable and 5 random hits ) ???

You wanna tell me titan instead of 500 will hit for 50 ? This will make possible to hit titans without a regular healer .

This guy with Ludwig will be absolute monster, 3 specials within 5 turns and there is big chance of making first 2-3 kills within first 1-2 specials no matter of hp

Also one of best cards on rush war in game since he can hit for more than once same target and 3 times hitting 1 card is 930% = gg

16 Likes

I think that slowness and stacks do not generally work well together (speaking about costumed Frank), but here the randomness (maybe hits the same enemy multiple times with a single cast) helps a bit. Quite a beast in rush mode.

2 Likes

Uh, did not think about this straight away. That seems, well, just plain wrong. Indefinite (un-ending) -90% attack :eyes:

Three times 310 is not the same as 930 though. 930% attack would do insane amount of damage, and while three separate 310% attacks hurt, it is not (nearly) the same.

1 Like

What if he hits Yang Mai, and then she uses her special? Or Mireweave?

same thing already happening with skadi against slayers

stacks push each other but keeping the number of stacks in mind

letā€™s say mai has 3 -9% attack stacks and she fires and hit twice giving her 2 stacksā€¦ it will remain 1 -9% attack as a result

i am assuming this will be the same

4 Likes

Origin should say ā€˜season 4ā€™ not ā€˜season 2ā€™.

Thx for the report. I have fixed it.

2 Likes

He can hit Titan x5 ?

-9% each one hit?

Heā€™s also useful when paired with Alfrike. Those two on Rush tourney and wars will have fun. Both hit random enemies 5 times, and he deals a but more damage than Alfrike.

And so, heā€™s way better than Exeera

1 Like

Screenshot_20220127-113339_Empires

7 Likes

Yes he can hit titanx5

4 Likes

8 Likes

Wondering when heā€™s maxed and fully emblemed how much damage heā€™ll do to a taunter. Iā€™m not a math guy but 310% done five times seems like a pretty massive set of punches. (itā€™s simple math I could do, I should have just said Iā€™m not a hardworker, lol)

3 Likes

I was lucky to pull him using my saved up Underwild coins!

Wow, arguably one of the strongest Slow mana heroes in the game. Where to begin:

1. Superb Titan hero! He has the highest direct damage on a lone target in the game at 1550%. He also has an Attack Down Stack so he can functionally shut down all damage from a Titan after firing his special twice. Combine all this with a relatively high Attack stat for quality shield damage, and you are looking at a top notch Titan hero.
  2. Did I mention that 1550%!? No other hero hits as hard on a lone enemy as Conga. Whether it be a unconditional hit like Dark Lord, Gaillard, etc. or a conditional hit like Alfrike, Nemo, Fenrir, etc., none of them hit as hard as he does. Great for the Titan and Taunters.
  3. Even when he isnā€™t focusing all that damage into one enemy, spreading around five hits with 310% damage each, along with an Attack Down, whatā€™s not to like?
  4. Obviously in Rush he is going to be a nightmare.

Yes he has a Slow mana speed and if you donā€™t have a Nature Mana Troop he might not be particularly interesting to you, but for me he is a definite yes to making him my focus and fast tracking him to full ascension and embleming. :+1:

15 Likes

Just got him but didnā€™t realize what an evil hidden gem he is!
:smiling_imp:
Against a titan or a single enemy (if the rest opponents are dead) he hits 5 times x 310%
He is actually a finisher (end of the game!)
Also that -9% attack x 5 = -45% for a titan or a single enemy cuts in half their attack
and if we have the chance for a second time (in rush wars) then itā€™s actually like a silencer!
Yes Yomagn-tho I agreeā€¦he is very powerful!
:facepunch:

7 Likes

Love the look of Congalach, heā€™s an awesome hero. Hereā€˜s my review:

10 Likes