🐙 Goretooth – 5* Dark / Purple from Abyss Hunters

New Abyss Hunter Hero is released: Goretooth

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Goretooth, as well as your thoughts on Goretooth.

Goretooth

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Fighter
VF
Very Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 979 903 1636
4/90 1120 1033 1871
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Abyss Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage Over Time on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Hunter’s Sense
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have 100% chance to transfer the newest status ailment from themself to the target. If the Special Skill cannot target an enemy, a random enemy is chosen instead. If this character has no status ailments, they recover 3% health.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Titantooth Blade
  • Deals 430% damage to the target.
  • The target gets -45% defense for 2 turns. The defense decreases by -15% each turn, up to -60%.
  • The target can’t gain mana for 2 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Abyss Hunter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% defense,

Monster Island Bonus
Heroes belonging to the Plains Hunter and Abyss Hunter family receive the following perks on Monster Island:

• +20% attack, +20% defense, +20% health
  • 50% less permanent damage taken.
  • Stack (Max 10): When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -3% defense

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• The defense down lasts for 2 turns instead of 3, and the maximum is -60% instead of -75%.
  • The target mana gain is stopped for 2 turns instead of 3 turns.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Abyss Hunter Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Goretooth ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Goretooth.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Goretooth and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Goretooth worth summoning for?

• Would you use Goretooth on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Goretooth ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Goretooth as an opponent?

• Would you give Goretooth Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Goretooth’s character design?

• If you Summoned Goretooth and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Goretooth, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Goretooth when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Goretooth, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Goretooth (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Goretooth), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Goretooth (post release)

:question: Is Goretooth worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Goretooth would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Goretooth’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer
  • Silencer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Goretooth compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Goretooth’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Goretooth’s Base Stats?

Note this means Goretooth’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Goretooth worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Goretooth is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Goretooth is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Goretooth worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Goretooth then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Another frightfully overpowered hero. Just another log on the OP forest fire.

6 Likes

Very powerful but he only affects one opponent so he won’t be enough to reap a team in one strike

I want him for my titan team and I can imagine pairing with heroes I already have like C Kage, Khonshu, Nyx and Sergei

1 Like

I get what you are saying but very fast with all those other skills, it’s just too much man.

4 Likes

This month was the last month I will ever pay for anything in this game. The speed of these new OP-Heroes is just ridiculous and destroys the game balance for non spenders… in the long run I won*t be able to compete in upper diamond anymore but so what… whales gonna whale, us others will still find some fun in here :slight_smile:

Very fast, no mana, >400 damage… sure that! :clown_face:

4 Likes

He’s something like Khonshu who didn’t break the game yet

But I get your point. Soon we’ll see VF heroes doing AoE Defense Down and this might kill the balance

I get your point too. Only overpowered heroes who create a disturbance in the defense game get the nerfs. But this hero is very overpowered attacking for sure

3 Likes

450% damage. :joy::rofl: Kage is crying in a corner now, only does 320%.

Add on mana block and increasing DD. Only need 3 of them in an attack team to paralyse 3. :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

After I had first faced Kage, he became my absolute nightmare… In the meantime, I am happy when I see him, since his hits became so weak compared to the other monsters out there.

3 Likes

Wait till the new ninjas come out 1st charge which is pretty much VF does 290% AOE to all, summons a minions/fiend to all which att/counterattack, again all on 1st charge. Totally broken.

4 Likes

Could SG possibly make it any more obvious that they dont care about anything other than pushing out new OP heroes every day to milk the players dry? Seriously. They know this isnt sustainable. They dont put any effort into improving any aspect of the game. Literally 100% of there effort goes into summons. Game balance? Who gives a crap. QOL improvements that players actually want? Nah. Improve odds of getting items from free sources so players dont have to buy what they need to max the heroes they do have? Nah, lets just make the odds worse (they are absolutely worse), and have several offers every single day. SG has honesty increased doing all the things players hate, and ignore feedback and/or improvements to the game. We all knew this game had a shelf life, but I dont think any of us expected SG to ruin the game at this insanely high rate.

4 Likes

Check out TT financials. It’s published up to 6 months ended 30/9/22. Two consecutive quarters with net losses.

Zynga contributes about 50% to revenue. This game contributes significantly to that 50% of total revenue. It’s listed as one of the 5 contributors. I would peg EP at contributing at least 10% to that 50%. That’s a lot of money.

It’s make or break these last 2 quarters from Oct 22 to Mar 23. Need to make net profit for the last 2 quarters to either report a breakeven or a small net profit for FY ended 31/3/23.

Repayment for TT debt notes starts in 2023. TT used up bulk of their cash reserves plus went into 2B debt to buy out Zynga. Remembered it as 9B cash/cash equivalents and 2B debt. Something like that. It was awhile back in 2nd quarter 2022, April/May.

This flood of new heroes, portals are in line with what I would expect from a Dev that needs to raise money, and fast. Summons are their biggest revenue generator.

Those collectors and whales chasing the latest greater OP heroes, are contributing to the current fundraiser movement, expected to last till end March 2023 at least. Possibly extended for another 3-6 months after that, if both Zynga / TT newly launched games do not take off as expected, or some of the previous Golden Eggs do not regain some of their Lustre.

Until then, the brakes are off. Corporate Survival is key.

11 Likes

But this current strategy is one of the reasons they are in this boat to begin with. SG has done nothing to improve enjoyment for this game. They only keep making decisions that ■■■■ players off and cause them to leave. What is the point in making a profit this quarter or the next, if it is at the expense of losing so many players the game cant continue after another year? The obvious conclusion is that they either think they can get more money from the whales that do happen to stay, or they dont care about making money long term. Imagine how many players they would still have if it wasnt for the power rush, lack of QOL improvements, and nerfs. Just to name a few things.

2 Likes

Damage dealer, def down and mana block at Very Fast speed…jaw dropping! Good luck, SG with big money buff this month :slight_smile:

Immediate need is corporate survival now.

Player QOL has improved. Small touches here and there. Nothing major. Obviously buying time to milk as much as they can for corporate survival.

Beyond that is anybody’s guess.

It’s not like this is the first game that Zynga has ruined.

2 Likes

Which odds are worse? Sorry this is a genuine question as I wasn’t aware of this :thinking:

Odds of receiving desirable heroes, and mainly odds of receiving 4* ascension mats. Although some players have great odds, and they like to come on the forum and claim that means the odds are the same for everyone, and they are great lol. Then they ignore when players like myself inform them of the absurdly low average, and claim we either lie or just have the worlds worst “luck”. As if SG doesnt prove everyday they dont care about the players or ethics. It is a safe assumption some of those players work for SG, and some just like to be keyboard warrior fan boys.

2 Likes

Goretooth had a couple small adjustments upon release, but is still absurdly OP. Fighter class, 2 good passives, an insane attack stat, and a very powerful ability. This powercreep crap is beyond tiresome.

**Edit: All at very fast speed lol

Had 7 coin pulls saved and he dropped, I’d have taken any of the featured tbf but very happy with this guy!

11 Likes