šŸ™ Greel ā€“ 3* Dark / Purple from Abyss Hunters

New Abyss Hunter hero is released: Greel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Greel, as well as your thoughts on Greel.

Greel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
VS
Very Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 596 541 847
3/60 737 669 1046
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Abyss Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage Over Time on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunterā€™s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Hunterā€™s Sense
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have 100% chance to transfer the newest status ailment from themself to the target. If the Special Skill cannot target an enemy, a random enemy is chosen instead. If this character has no status ailments, they recover 8% health.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stubby Reap
  • Deals 210% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals 315% damage if the target has less than 50% health remaining.
  • The caster gains 20% mana for each enemy defeated by the attack.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Abyss Hunter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% defense,

Monster Island Bonus
Heroes belonging to the Plains Hunter and Abyss Hunter family receive the following perks on Monster Island:

• +20% attack, +20% defense, +20% health
  • 50% less permanent damage taken.
  • Stack (Max 10): When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -3% defense

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is reduced to 210% from 250%.
  • Damage if target has less then 50% health is reduced to 315% from 375%.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 of Abyss Hunter Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Greel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Greel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Greel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Greel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Greel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Greel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Greel as an opponent?

• Would you give Greel Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Greelā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Greel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Greel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Greel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Greel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Greel (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Greel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Greel

:question: Is Greel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Greel compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Greel is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Greelā€™s Special Skill match Greelā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Greelā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Greelā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Increaser

0 voters

:question: Is Greel worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Greel is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Greel will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is Greel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Greel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Treevils new sidekick?

5 Likes

Yup. Pain and suffering.

1 Like

In rush tourney, you fire Treevils first and followed by Greelā€¦ It is automatic GG. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I got lucky and pulled 2 of them in one 10-pull. 2 Treevils, 2 Greelsā€¦ is there even a need for my 2 Maves? If only there was a Dark 3* taunterā€¦

2 Likes

Treevil & Greel fires once each and kill all the other teams?
Only Faiez & Shrubbear together maybe can defense against these two twin dark evils ā€¦

3 Likes

Maeve still has a role in regular mana speed tourney. Tree and Greel are both very slow.

I have 2 Maevs and 2 Norilsā€¦ You put 3 of them tgt, they can move from 11 tiles to 7-8 tiles in a few rounds. On the other hand, tree and Greel needs 13.5 tiles.

3 Likes

So 210% to all and Is that a possible 525% to target? If so is the 50% calculated after the 210% hit?

Wondering the same. Is this two hits, or one hit where the damage to those who have less than 50% health is higher?

1 Like

Itā€™s a single hit. Think Ursena.

• Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals 375% damage IF the target has less than 50% health remaining.
  • The caster gains 20% mana for each enemy defeated by the attack.

It will hit all with 250% damage. However, if you target (i.e. lock on) to an opponent that is showing red, that target will get 375% while everyone else get hit with 250%.
If you lock on to an opponent who has full hp, the target will get 250% damage, and so will everyone else. If there was an enemy with less than 50%hp, but was not the target, they will get 250% damage like everyone else.

TL;DRā€¦ before firing Greel, lock on to an opponent with <50%hp

11 Likes

Got him from my free 3 pulls. :blush:. He will be good in vf tournaments with tree.
As ftp he is a great addition to my roster.

1 Like

My Greel :+1:

6 Likes

@PlayForFun This special has been changed from beta. Here are the changes so you can update the OP.

The damage has been reduced.

4 Likes

So if Greelā€™s special skill kills all 5 opponents, the mana bar would be instantly filled? Iā€™d hate to be that one Fighter class hero that gets resurrected and has to face the Stubby Reap all by their lonesomeā€¦again.

The mana boost is good, but this hero is not THAT devestating.
Zarel hits for 260% (6400 damage output vs 8 285) at slow, without requirements and with ailments
Donā€™t think we will see him much outside VF

1 Like

Thx, I will update the topic today.
Yesterday I was busy with Beta.

3 Likes

I went for a more aggressive Greel. I figured that his main use was V.Fast so he would sit behind Treevil as your finisher.

As an event pusher Iā€™m intrigued if the mana boost is a thing from the second mob wave to the bosses. He could kill the mob wave, get 60% mana backā€¦ultimately itā€™s about speed vs item use. So far purple isnā€™t in play but heroes do change the views or get you near to the a potential change.

10 Likes

Now imagine him facing the hordes on Monster Island with his Event bonus included.

10 Likes

I just got this guy.

2 Likes