šŸŽ… Cookie -- 5* Fire / Red from Santa's Challenge (Winter)

New Santaā€™s Challenge (Christmas) Hero is released: Cookie

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Cookie, as well as your thoughts on Cookie.

Cookie

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Rogue
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 987 1043 1795
4/90 1130 1193 2054
Origin Family
Santaā€™s Challenge Winter
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-reflect Ailment Reflect At the start of each battle, this Hero reflects cleansable status ailments they would receive to a random character on the opposing team for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mystery Potions
  • Reduces he mana of all enemies by 20%.
  • Summons an Elf Minion for each ally with 10% HP and 10% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All enemies receive a Mystery Potion. After 3 turns the Mystery Potion explodes and deals 450 damage to the target. After the explosion the target canā€™t gain mana for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Christmas (Winter) Heroes now all have a family bonus for unique heroes of the same family.

Winter Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 heroes:

• +2% / +3% health for Minions
  • +5% / +10% attack for Minions

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Minion HP is increased from 7% ot 10%.
  • Mana reduction is increased from 15% to 20%.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 2 Christmas Heroes (Santa's Challenge) [Part of The Beta Beat V62]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Cookie ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Cookie.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Cookie and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Cookie worth summoning for?

• Would you use Cookie on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Cookie ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Cookie as an opponent?

• Would you give Cookie Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Cookieā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Cookie and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Cookie, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Cookie when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Cookie, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Cookie (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Cookie), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Cookie (post release)

:question: Is Cookie worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Cookie would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Cookieā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Mana reducer
  • Minion Summoner
  • Delayed Damage Dealer + Mana Generation Blocker.
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Cookie compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Cookieā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Cookieā€™s Base Stats?

Note this means Cookieā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Cookie worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I donā€™t think so
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Cookie is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Cookie is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Cookie worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Cookie then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • Itā€™s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
3 Likes

Special should be Cookie Crumble

11 Likes

Even buffed to 20% mana cut he looks terrible.

3 Likes

I know there were some questions around whether the mystery potion can be cleansed, Iā€™ve tested this and can confirm it can be :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just got him. Itā€™ll be interesting. Back in the day I used Carol a lot. Used her gift bomb in succession to make it go off faster. If cookies mechanics work the same way then you can cause damage and prevent mana gain. Probably a fun offensive hero. Time will tell.

1 Like

Ok so the Carol mechanic was a bust. Doesnā€™t work the same. Makes sense. Carol card read that the bomb went off when the target died. Darn.

That said. Used it at 1-1 and had kalo as backup. It was nice to see the defense all have mana block though. Could be useful esp w teams w no cleansers. Super niche but still fun.

The hero card is updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ wondering if Cookie might have Proteus-like utility in PvE boss waves?

In principle, Cookieā€™s mana cut could help prevent ā€œlol I just cleanse Cookieā€™s potion before it does anything lolā€ except for clericsā€™ ā€œ35%ā€ chance to resist cuts (or ā€œ60%ā€ chance for S1 cleric Superior talents and/or the additional 175% resist chance for all Toons).

If going to try Cookie in PvP, Edwin seems like his obvious buddy. ā€œCuppa tea? Heh, heh, hehā€¦ā€

Was elated when I drew him just now. Special looked pretty good to meā€¦ and then I started reading this thread :flushed:

3 Likes

Useless trash. Average speed and a delay 3 turns to deal a petty 450 dmg. Assuming it took you 3 turns to get him fire up. That means you are taking 6 turns to deal a petty 450dmg. Facing the stronger teams, you will be lucky you are not dying in 6 turns. Piece of trash. Living up to itā€™s name, literally giving you nothing but a cookie.

1 Like

Eh, donā€™t worry - sure, they arenā€™t the best, however, regardless - on defense at average speed getting your mana cut by 20% is not going to be fun, at all - and then the mystery potion gives time to stack more on them with the delay, if you make some sort of annoying healing team around him that buys him time, the results would probably be quite funny.

2 Likes

You are forgetting that after the explosion they canā€™t gain mana for 3 turnsā€¦

6 Likes

At least this hero gets you thinking about combinations.

A defense with cookie, Luna and waterpipe sounds interesting.

4 Likes

Ah yes! , after 6 turns what an incredible useful asset. If you are on offense, after 6 turns feeding all the tiles over to the defense team, they probably have all the mana they need. And god forbid they have a cleanse or status immunity ready to cleanse after those 6 turns :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I donā€™t want to be mean, but this mechanism is severely out of date in current meta with all the OP hero and pace of the game increased. This mechanism wouldā€™ve been useful 3-4yrs ago where the pace of the game is relatively reasonable and balanced.

Youā€™re salty because you didnā€™t pull the one you wanted I get that, however, thatā€™s not how the world works, you also donā€™t even know what youā€™re talking about, itā€™s not the best hero, however, they are certainly not bad for defense and not even too bad for offense if you know what youā€™re doing, there is no ā€œ6 turnsā€, after 3 turns it explodes and then they canā€™t gain mana for 3 turns.

1 Like

he is the worst oneā€¦ 450 damage is very lowā€¦ there is no punishment for cleansing it and youā€™ll have 3 turns to charge up your cleanser for the mana block after the explosion

if they were fiends gifts, it would have been much better than this current way

1 Like

Just got him too. Yes this thread is a bit of a downer! But we donā€™t have to listen to the misery of others! I think he could be decent, especially on offence when you know the enemies wonā€™t cleanse, and he has a very useful LB2 (ailment reflect) power. Will need some testing and playing with but Iā€™m intrigued myself.

4 Likes

No oneā€™s arguing heā€™s not the worst one of the bunch - he is, heā€™s just not terrible overall, heā€™s mid.

1 Like

I donā€™t need this forum to tell me he is not good. I pulled him twice in 20 pulls. Thatā€™s how I know he is bad.

6 Likes