Roughian & Nurgib – 5* Fire / Red - January 2023 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for January 2023: Roughian & Nurgib

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Roughian & Nurgib, as well as your thoughts on Roughian & Nurgib.

Roughian & Nurgib

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Rogue
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
F
Fast
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2023
:hourglass: Ability: Mana on Health Recovery
This character receives 5% mana each time its health is recovered.
:hourglass: Ability: Eat Minions and Gain Mana Over Time
Every 3 turns, eats all Minions for a random enemy and gains a small amount of mana for each eaten Minion.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mana Scavenge
  • Steals 50% mana from the target and distributes them on allies.
  • Deals 420% damage to the target.
  • The more health the enemy has, the more damage they will receive, up to 570%.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies get +5% chance to dodge status ailments for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Legends 2023 Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Stealing mana is moved to the first point before dealing damage.
  • Elemental Link ailment dodge percent is reduced to 5% from 80%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the January 2023 HOTM -- Roughian & Nurgib [Part of The Beta Beat V53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Roughian & Nurgib ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Roughian & Nurgib.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Roughian & Nurgib and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Roughian & Nurgib worth summoning for?

• Would you use Roughian & Nurgib on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Roughian & Nurgib ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Roughian & Nurgib as an opponent?

• Would you give Roughian & Nurgib Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Roughian & Nurgib’s character design?

• If you Summoned Roughian & Nurgib and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Roughian & Nurgib, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Roughian & Nurgib when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Roughian & Nurgib, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Roughian & Nurgib (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Roughian & Nurgib), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

13 Likes

Feedback Poll - Roughian & Nurgib (post release)

:question: Is Roughian & Nurgib worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Roughian & Nurgib would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Roughian & Nurgib’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Stealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Roughian & Nurgib compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Roughian & Nurgib’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Roughian & Nurgib’s Base Stats?

Note this means Roughian & Nurgib’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Roughian & Nurgib worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Roughian & Nurgib is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Roughian & Nurgib is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Roughian & Nurgib worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Roughian & Nurgib then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I think her primary purpose is eat minions :wink:

12 Likes

Great passives and good special. If released as shown, they’ll be greatest HotM since original Telluria. HoT effects will be great with them. Also I like that they have multiple ways of charging (minion snack, with healing and finally using special against anyone who has at least some mana).

4 Likes

I’m high on his passives

The special is also amazing but I’m afraid he might kill the target before steal the mana

I have the same “problem” with Tetisheri

It seems it’s gonna need some strategy for optimal use

1 Like

Over here, sweet little HotM…I have a lovely home you can settle down in :house_with_garden: :ocean: :heart: :plate_with_cutlery: :hugs: :lotus:

18 Likes

This hero will be a great pairing for Tetisheri.

3 Likes

This hero reminds me of Gefjon. Similar stats, snipes hard, and removes minions. I’m less impressed by the potential 10% mana boost, but the ailment dodge is a nice touch.

2 Likes

I wrote a post about the awesome Roughian Nurgib on my blog for those interested. Happy New Year!

19 Likes

Please do not nerf this one hero. This one is amazing one. And this is what a HOTM heroes need to looks like, not a joke like Balur :smirk::smirk:

11 Likes

And what time is this eastern standard time??? And yes worth it. Will I be lucky enough to get them ??? Should I try early or late to actually obtain them??

1 Like

You can see the countdown in the game for how much time is remaining for Balur.
This new HoTM will arrive at 2:00 AM EST.
But probably you can also see it in the OP.

1 Like

Eat minions and taking them out… thats my main chance keeps my heros from dying.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

2 Likes

Just a silly observation here. I recall many years back in middle school, when trying to come up with ”exotic” names for D&D or whatever, there were two tactics we frequently used, typically whenever our creativity was exhausted.

The first technique was to take a word that kind of applies to the character, and then mis-spell it, often in a punny way. For example, you could take the word “ruffian” and instead spell it “roughian”.

The second was to take a word or short phrase and spell it backwards. For example, “big run” could become “nurgib”.

Great techniques for when you’re running out of ideas!

14 Likes

Omg that e-link got obliterated :rofl:

6 Likes

Glad to see that the mana steal is now before the damage! This means we don’t to worry about a finishing hit!

14 Likes

Ridiculous, right??? I can understand if they change it into 30% or even 25%. But 5%, just %5 and only dodge the status ailment, not the all skill :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s not even a nerf, it got vapourised. 15% would make sense, but 5% is hilarious.
Although it’s not and shouldn’t be the main focus of this hero.

1 Like

Agreed haha… would have been better if its something guaranteed to happen… something like reduced ailments damage by 10%

80% dodge was terrific but also very high chance… 25% would have been a decent number

Or maybe its a typo and they meant 50%… :thinking:

2 Likes