Chang'e - 5* Ice / Blue from Journey family

New Journey Hero is released: Chang’e

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Chang’e, as well as your thoughts on Chang’e.

Chang’e

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Wizard
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1050 1067 1809
4/90 1201 1221 2070
Origin Family
War of the Three Kingdoms Journey
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-reflect Ailment Reflect At the start of each battle, this Hero reflects cleansable status ailments they would receive to a random character on the opposing team for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Buff Received
This character has a 50% chance to recover 10% health when they receive a buff or possitve stack
:hourglass: Ability: Mana on Buff Received
This character has a 50% chance to recover 10% mana when they receive a buff or possitve stack
:dizzy: Special Skill: Lunar Rocket
  • Deals 310% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies cannot cast any new status effects on enemies or allies for 4 turns. This effect duration resets if the target is healed. [?] (This includes stacks. This only includes status effects cast with Special Skills.)
  • All allies get +45% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Journey family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:
50% / 75% / 100% chance to increase the duration of each status effect that is cast by the hero by 1 / 2 / 3 turns.

Morale Boost

Heroes belonging to this family as well as heroes fighting alongside with them receive additional persk in War of the Three Kingdoms:
+10% attack, + 3% defense, +7% health

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased from 957 to 974.
  • Defense is increased from 974 to 990.
  • Health is increased from 1623 to 1678.
  • Damage is increased from 220% to 310%,

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Journey Heroes - Chang’e [Part of The Beta Beat v62]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Chang’e ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Chang’e.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Chang’e and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Chang’e worth summoning for?

• Would you use Chang’e on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Chang’e ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Chang’e as an opponent?

• Would you give Chang’e Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Chang’e’s character design?

• If you Summoned Chang’e and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Chang’e, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Chang’e when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Chang’e, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Chang’e (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Chang’e), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Chang’e (post release)

:question: Is Chang’e worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Chang’e would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Chang’e’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Status Effect Cast Blocker.
  • Defense Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Chang’e compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Chang’e’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Chang’e’s Base Stats?

Note this means Chang’e’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Chang’e worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Chang’e is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Chang’e is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Chang’e worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Chang’e then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
3 Likes

Seems quite intriguing hero, I wonder is she will be buffed, I like her, would not mind pull her with her passives and good combination she might be able to be launched as fast speed

She will shines even more in defense

3 Likes

My new lovely :heart_eyes: I can only hope …
Edit;
35 saved tokens & a 10x later…

Victory is mine!

27 Likes

Looking past the stat jump… the damage jump is significant, going from originally 220% to 310% at average speed to all.

Team that with special defence, and no new status effects for 4 turns, and she’s turned into a monster.

Something about lunar influence really sends these heroes into space huh?!

5 Likes

agree what a jump, and here we go , stack blocker right after stack monster was introduced haha

Very glad to see your portal luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: know that it has been up and down.
Let us know when you have played around with her.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Looks like blue tank material

2 Likes

Isn’t anyone else just really tired of heroes that blocks buffs and/or ailments? Really limits the use of some fun heroes. Unless there’s a very specific war attack I need to do I ain’t bringing two dispellers to a fight. And using just one and needing that one to charge first is basically like playing mono.

Lost 3 fights in a row to a W defense where the middle 3 all came with ailment immunity. Middle Luna could charge the turn before it was gone even though I didn’t hit her with a single tile.

Back to this hero the level 90 ability is even better, bouncing ailments back. Yay what fun when you don’t own a single 5-star that has a dispel to all.

Sorry for whining but I do wish they could come up with more creative special abilities. Congrats to everyone that draws this excellent hero.

4 Likes

Her hero card are updated with the changes.
Polls are now enabled.

1 Like

@L33tVortex12596 congrats, she’s so beautiful I just want her for the art :smiley: Unfortunately I won’t pull for her, since I already have the other two featured. But I pulled two new blues from the Opera portal so I don’t ‘need’ her lol. Are you still going to try for Sha Wujing?

2 Likes

Thanks …You know that’s what first caught my attention, I’m so shallow :smirk: … yes I did manage to pull him shortly after her around pull 53 … you know I had to try :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful hero! :blue_heart:

Congratulations! :heart:

3 Likes

I assume cleanse doesn’t count as a special since it would probably say “this cannot be cleansed”.

I’m guessing the best defense to this is reflect. The problem is they gave this hero ailment reflect. So you’d basically have to dispel and then reflect in the same turn.

Or just use reflect and hit as many of the defense as you can and know it won’t affect Chang ‘e for the first 6 turns.

I guess regular prevent status alignment work? E.g. Hathor if you fire before

If I understand her correctly, she can be manipulated in defense teams, specially considering she is average.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Simply beautiful… congrats!

1 Like

Just got the lady, will pare nice with my Sha wujing. Too bad i spent 6 of my 8 scopes on Atlanteia a week ago…

2 Likes

Am I reading her special correctly that she is a counter to goblin stacks?

I don’t think so. Wither and growth belong to a different type from stacks. Stacks get removed in equalizer but wither/growth don’t. Only wither and growth can counter each other.

1 Like

nice counter to firmin richard though, other than they are the same color

1 Like