:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 773 688 1073
4/80 896 797 1244
Origin Family
Sand Empire Sand
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Gale
  • Deals 260% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 228 damage over 4 turns.
  • The target gets -100% increase for any healing received for 2 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from the caster.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Sand Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Seasonal Event Epic Hero?

Itā€™s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 25% chance of summoning a particular Seasonal Epic Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 58 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 30
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 104
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by pull 160

Putting that in Perspective

• 42 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get a specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 420,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero by the 104th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 104 times, 50,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get the specific Seasonal Epic Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Links

Other Sand Empire Hero Threads:

Old Gafar Discussion Threads:

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Gafar (post release)

:question: Is Gafar worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Gafar would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Gafarā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer (Sniper)
  • Secondary Damage Dealer (Finisher)
  • Healing Inhibitor

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Gafar compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Gafarā€™s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Gafar worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you donā€™t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I donā€™t think so.
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Gafar is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Gafar will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Just pulled him from my epic hero token!

I donā€™t know how much game heā€™s gonna see, Iā€™ve got a lot of 4* options for dark. Iā€™m maxing Costume Tiburtus over him.

He seems less useful than : Proteus, Rigard, Sabina (if you donā€™t have Melendor), Tiburtus (especially with a costume)ā€¦
ā€¦But heā€™s more interesting than : Cheshire Cat, Ameonna, Stonecleave.

The question is : do I max only duplicates of Tiburtus for war or at least one Gaffar for more diversity in my war teams? I think Iā€™ll go for some diversity at some point. Heā€™s going to be benched for a while but I look forward to using him in a year or two from now! Nice skill though. Heā€™s one of the heroes Iā€™d have loved to have when I was in the gold arena for example.

1 Like

Actually wouldnā€™t mind one of these my dark is lacking at the moment be good for trials as a cleric.

3 Likes

I like Gafar. Heā€™s probably the strongest of the Purple 4* Snipers (not that there are many of them) so he pairs well with some of those you mentioned above.

The Healing Debuff can also come in clutch in Field Aid Wars, particularly on clean-ups where the ā€œwar bonusā€ timer is accellarated.

8 Likes

I pulled Domitia very early in the game so I guess I never really looked into 4* dark snipers but he might prove very helpful in tournaments and challenge events.

I guess I didnā€™t realize how lucky I was.

3 Likes

I got him last year, and was very happy about him. I rarely use him though he dies very easily and i have other very good 4* purples like Merlin, C. Tibs or a max emblem Proteus.

1 Like

Got him woop will max nice :blush::+1:

1 Like

I didnā€™t have any of the sand heroes, so I pulled hard for them this time. Here is my Gafar. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Itā€™s between him and Stonecleave and stone lost the toss. Didnā€™t realize he was a sniper till I pulled him. If he doesnā€™t work out then itā€™s down Kunchenā€™s stomach.
Edit. Hmmmm he seems worth my time. Heā€™s very useful actually.

I checked and all my purple 4 stars (Rigard, Proteus, Sabina, Tibetius, Cyprian & Stonecleave) are all average speed, admittedly they have a range of very useful skills, whereas Gafar is fast sniper. Thatā€™s why I was pleased to get him and have started ascending him already! Time will tell if he is fragile etc but for now I can definitely see his merits!

Vis
Grumpyā€™s Marauders

2 Likes

Gafar was the very first 4* I have pulled back as a newbie f2p, a couple of years ago.
He was the best hero for me for a long while. I used him everywhere, didnā€™t care much about his cons, he turned the tide countless times in field aid wars.
Class levelling + family bonus could make him more viable now that I also have Jabbar, but cleric is the most bottle necked class to beā€¦

2 Likes

This is a hero I would really like to have and I think goes under appreciated. The fast mana with a decent impact, along with DoT on top of the hit, and a health reduction to boot is actually pretty amazing for a 4*.

While I am past him being a must-get in my overall roster, I would love to add him to my cleric trials. I have emblems sitting around with no heroes. The trial with clerics and druids is so boring for me because of how long a tedious it is with no hitters. He is also strong color on Viv for that trial :ok_hand:. He would go a long way towards adding some ā€œumphā€ to that trial team.

I get one more crack at a sand hero tomorrow on an EHT :crossed_fingers:. The sand people have avoided me for 3 years already though, so my hopes arenā€™t high, although ā€¦ maybe they owe me. E&P works that way, right!?!

5 Likes

Just pulled Gafar. Dont know what to make of him. I hear heā€™s better than Jabbar. Is this true? His stats dont seem too bad and heā€™s a cleric. Would like to hear more about him please. :blush::vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I am levelling him now (3/20) and havenā€™t used him yet, but I think he will be useful, as my first fast 4* purple sniper. And as a cleric he will make todayā€™s trial much quicker to defeat the bosses!

2 Likes

Congrats on the pull @amrath! I am super happy for you! and a little bit jealous :rofl:

Not having him, most of this is hypothetical and has already been mentioned. The highlights:

1- Fast mana with a decent thud when he hits. Fast snipers are also very rare in 4* purple. Only options being non-classic heroes.

2- He cleanses himself. Team cleanse is better, but itā€™s good to take any kind you can. This one is, again, at a fast speed.

3- He prevents 100% of healing. This to me is awesome on offense, much more than D, as you control the when and who. This ability timed right can turn a raid if a key hero doesnā€™t heal. Same could be true of Field Aid war (I am assuming it prevents that, unconfirmed).

5- On top of being a decent hitter at fast mana, he does a very respectable DoT. Add that to his hit and if the enemy doesnā€™t cleanse it he is a great sniper hit for a 4*. You may even get multiple targets hit before the first DoT wears off on the original target. Again, fast mana.

6- I donā€™t know your roster, but if you donā€™t have a lot of the fancy heroes your cleric class heroes are probably reliable, sturdy, and mostly support heroes. He will help add excitement and offense to trials.

7- This is more of a half point as I am shooting from the hip without researching costume class changes, all event heroes, etc. Looking at 4* cleric options after Rigard he could very well be your second so there potentially wonā€™t be a great deal of emblem conflict. Especially if your Rigard is talented up and ready to rock,

Congrats again, hoped this help. Otherwise hopefully someone with him chimes in :rofl: Enjoy and good luck out there! I only hate you a little for getting him :+1:

6 Likes

nice insights, @Muchacho , especially on the relative lack of hitters in Cleric class and in Purple generally. @amrath I would look at Gafar in that light: does he fill a gap in your Cleric class or your Purple heroes?

I donā€™t have personal experience with Gafar or Jabbar, but the opinions Iā€™ve read on the forums generally praise Gafar more, mostly due to the faster mana speed.

1 Like

Thanks @sleepyhead. I had a similar type recap on jabbar here:

Again, I donā€™t have either after 3 years of trying, which is a rant for another thread, but it seems logical to my crazy brain :crazy_face:

Good luck out there!

Caution if youā€™re considering joining the :ghost: :ship:! @TGW undersells his titans hit ability and then strives to make sure he always beats you! :rofl:

3 Likes

Says the guy who scored A+ on our last titanā€¦ :thinking:

And no I didnā€™t let you win, your hits are quite powerful (I believe your average hit score is probably higher than mine actually).

On-topic: Gafar is the only Sand hero I have. Got him last year (nothing this year). I believe he probably is good? Unfortunately he ended up getting stuffed into a corner and forgotten a while back as I worked on other bigger projects. I do intend to finish him some day! Right after I finish these 12 or 13 other heroes firstā€¦

2 Likes

If you have that many heroes better than him waiting youā€™re blessed. I hope thatā€™s true :+1:

2 Likes