Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
711 633 988

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sand Gale

• Deals 260% damage to the target.
  • The target receive 228 damage over 4 turns.
  • The target gets -100% healing received for 2 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.
  • Dispels status ailments from the caster.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Gafar?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Gafar.

Based on preferences of Forum members expressed recently, please try to stick mainly to Gafar and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is he worth summoning for?

• Would you use him on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Gafar Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path would you choose?

• What do you think of his special?

• What do you think of his character design?

• The theme of Sand Empire heroes is non-dispellable healing reductions. What do you think of this sort of special skill?

:broken_heart: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get Gafar?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

Itā€™s important to remember that Seasonal Event Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Seasonal Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 14.9% chance of summoning Gafar.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 80 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Gafar by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Gafar by pull 185 (48,300 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, youā€™ll get Gafar by pull 285 (74,300 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 20 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Gafar by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 200,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Gafar
  • 5 out of every 100 people wonā€™t get Gafar by the 185th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 185 times, 50,000 of those players wouldnā€™t get Gafar

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:star2: Epic Hero Tokens Can Be Used for Seasonal Summoning

The Seasonal Summons replaces the regular Epic Hero Summons.

Because of that, unlike Challenge Event Summons, the Summoning Portal for Seasonal Events allows using saved up Epic Hero Tokens that can otherwise normally only be used for Epic Hero Summons.

That makes Seasonal Events the only place you can currently use Epic Hero Tokens for a chance at non-Season 1 heroes.

Many people regard Sand Empire as having good Seasonal Event heroes to use tokens for. For more discussion of this, please see: What is the best Seasonal Summons?

Youā€™ll also have the same chance at the HOTM as usual when using Epic Hero Tokens.

Because Sand Empire 2019 is expected to run from the end of June until the beginning of July, you should have an opportunity to Summon while either HOTM is available.

For information on the June and July HOTM, please see:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Gafarā€™s Game Mechanics?

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Gafar.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in Player Guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Gafar.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Hereā€™s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Heartsā€™ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:ballot_box: Polls

Do you already have Gafar from a previous Sand Empire?

• Yes, I have Gafar already from a past Sand Empire
  • No, I tried to get Gafar previously, but didnā€™t succeed
  • No, I was playing during Sand Empire last year, but didnā€™t try for Gafar
  • No, I wasnā€™t playing during the last Sand Empire

0 voters

Do you plan to Summon for Gafar this Sand Empire?

• Yes, I want to try to get Gafar this Sand Empire
  • No, I already have Gafar, and donā€™t want to try for another
  • No, Iā€™m not interested in Gafar, or donā€™t think itā€™s worth trying with the Summoning odds

0 voters

Overall, what do you think of Gafarā€™s usefulness?

• I think Gafar is one of the very best heroes
  • I think Gafar is above average
  • I think Gafar is very average
  • I think Gafar is below average
  • I think Gafar is one of the very worst heroes

0 voters

Be sure to share your detailed thoughts in comments below!

What do you think of Gafarā€™s design?

• Gafar is one of my MOST favorite hero designs
  • Gafar is one of my LEAST favorite hero designs
  • Iā€™m indifferent to Gafarā€™s design, I donā€™t have strong feelings either way

0 voters

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Main Thread for Sand Empire 2019: šŸŒ“ Sand Empire 2019: Teams, Strategy, FAQs, Discussion, and Links

Older Threads Discussing Gafar

Other Recent Threads on Sand Empire

2 Likes

If thereā€™s already a topic about himā€¦please feel free to merge it!

I started playing in May 2018. Gaffar (In Germany Gafar) was my first 4* hero after Kashrrek.

As the sand or summer event started I was still a newbie with my Kashrrek, Bane, Ragnhild, Sharan and Layla. Neverthless I tried all those levels but I was at a point where Iā€™ve had no chance anymore. I thought that the healing blocker was an amazing special. My strongest hero couldnā€™t help me anymore. I was impressed by the strength of those Aladdin-heroes.

Than I got that golden epic hero token. I used it immediately, of course. And it blew me away: Iā€™ve gotten Gaffar! That enemy I couldnā€™t beat. So I was very, very, very happy and tried to level him up.

After a few months, I got several other heroes and nearly forgot about him (he wasnā€™t leveled after 3/forthysomething.

In the meantime he is fully leveled and beside his strong opponents Iā€™ve got fully maxed (like Tiburtus, Sabina, Merlin, Rigard and Proteus) he looks like a forgotten one. But I love to throw Gaffar in the battlefield at war time against enemies with healers in the team. He still is quite usable because of his many little specials. So I have given him more chances in the last few weeks and I wasnā€™t disappointed.

You see Iā€™ve got mixed feelings about Gaffarā€¦ but he was my first special one! (after Kashhrek of course) And so he will be in my E&P-heart forever although I hate Jaffar (from the Aladdin Disney movie) when I was a kid because he kissed the beautiful Jasmine (I know it was just a trick, but it happened).

Jaffar

What do you think of Gaffar?
Do you use him?

6 Likes

I wasnā€™t playing last year. I hope to draw him. He will be more attainable than the 5*s. I have 17 coins saved up. I hope the random gods of randomness smile on me.

1 Like

The best 4* purple for attacking.

More efficient than Tiburtus.

He is fast mana so he is a stopper for healers. You can use his skill to kill Kashrek, Rigard, Kiril and even Vivica.

The bad news are he need to be helped for another heros to kill because his damage is not good enough.
Also he is cleric and Rigard worth the emblems better than Gafar.

3 Likes

This is one of the best reasons to have Gaffar around since heā€™s one of the only snipers in the entire Cleric class, and heā€™s especially useful for stacking against Vivica during the Trials of Fortitude.

I also used to use him in raids as part of my purple stack until I got Kageburado to replace him. Heā€™s great for Field Aid wars since he completely blocks the healing if you time it right. His sand DOT stacks with other types of DOT like Proteusā€™ poison, so they work pretty well together to drain heroes with high defense stats, riposte, or soul connection. The self-cleanse, while not as useful as his other abilities, is nice to keep him healthy if he gets struck by Gravemaker or other DOT enemies.

His only real downside for me is that heā€™s a bit squishy in the defense department, but bringing along healing and defense buffers can help there.

11 Likes

I do love having new tools in the tool chest. I appreciate the class analysis perspective, one of the reasons I leveled Hansel fairly quickly was because he is a Cleric who does damage (though his effect has a 1 in 3 chance of not working on the Cleric bosses in the trials). No such problem here.

2 Likes

Best 4* purple for attacking? LOLā€¦I guess you donā€™t have Proteus or Merlin (Tibs is better too IMO)?

He has the second atack stay for purple 4*. Tiburtus is too weak in mi opinion and and in the most cases he dies before uses his special skill.

Proteus is more efficient for sure and Merlin only control one enemy.

He is the most useful for wars with aid and teams with persky healers. Not only for killing mentioned healers, but for keeping that hero you are almost killing in low health. All of us have had that hero occasionally healed by an inconvenient healer when preparing for the kill!

1 Like

He got a nice attack stat, but I donā€™t think I would use him much, since I already have 3 purple 5*. Would have been really nice last year, but this time Iā€™m only mostly trying for the 5*s

Good hero.

Better then Tibby? Naah.
Must have? Naaaah x2

Just got him.
Interesting to know about Proteus DoT stacking with his as Proteus is on every team i have.
Currently working 3 blue 2 purple for offensive raids but had problems with Delilah so he might become a savior for me :rofl:
He will switch place with my 3/xx Alice depending on the needs

Obviously canā€™t wait to use him on class trial to replace Kailani. A little bit of firepower will be nice.

I wasnā€™t pulling for him, as Yunan would have been perfect for me, but satisfied nonetheless as he will help for class and quest and yellow titan.

Gafar is extremely useful in Class trials against Vivica. It can be very frustrating on stage 3 to kill Vivica, and Gafarā€™s healing block greatly helpsā€”plus his DoT bypasses her shield.

Overall, I think heā€™s a solid A- hero. Problematically, there are a lot of A purple 4*.

He will be challenged for trap tools by my 3/60 CCat, 3/60 Cyprian, 3/60 Sabina, 2/60 Thoth and 1/1 Ameonna. Also got Proteus and Rigard max + emblems.
So yeah, definitely a long purple list.
His edge for me is a lack direct hitter in purple. Only Ameonna and havenā€™t touched her just yet.
And usefulness on class trial makes it the front runner for my team.

Also, his high attack stat is pretty amazing for a stack and will help my purple stack !

I got him last year when I just started playing E&P and he was my primary sniper for a long time.
His DoT isnā€™t really significant, but can hurt a bit because of healing block - you just canā€™t heal this damage although it can be cleansed.
Heā€™s great for class quests but I also use him in wars with field aid and thatā€™s where he rocks. Rigard with exactly 0 hp recovered from FA and 0 hp healed from his own skill is hilarious :joy:

Unfortunately heā€™s too squishy for my main team or even my main purple stack (Hel, Kunchen and Seshat when sheā€™s maxed). But heā€™s certainly useful and much better than Jabbar.

1 Like

Hi All; new thread is live as part of the #hero_cards

Please continue discussions here :slight_smile: šŸŒ“ Gafar - 4* Dark/Purple from Sand Empire