:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 810 865 1516
4/90 927 990 1734
Origin Family
Starfall Circus Starfall
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Flames & Rejuvenation
Casts one of the following Special Skills:
  • If any enemy has the Burn status ailment:
    • All enemies receive 415 Burn damage over 5 turns.
    • All allies regenerate 549 HP over 3 turns.
    • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • Otherwise:
    • All enemies receive 365 Burn damage over 5 turns.
    • All allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

All-in-one still under construction, will be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Starfall” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Starfall Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75%/ 100% chance to cleanse the Hero’s most recent dispellable status ailment at the end of each turn.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2022

:test_tube: Beta Changes

Emilio recieved an increase of +50 damage to both Burn Damages compared to last seen beta build:

• If pre-existing burn ailment: 360 → 410 burn damage
  • If no pre-existing burn ailment: 270 → 320 burn damage

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Starfall Circus Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v38]

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Emilio.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Emilio by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Emilio by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Emilio by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Emilio by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Emilio by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Emilio
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Emilio by the 1800th pull
  • If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Emilio

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other Starfall Circus Heroes:

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Emilio (post release)

:question: Is Emilio worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Emilio would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Emilio’s Primary Purpose is?

• Burner
  • HP Regenerator
  • Ailment Protector

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Emilio compared to other heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Emilio’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Emilio worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Emilio is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Emilio is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I happened to draw him. He reminds of Garnet, with a burn? Is he worth the mats? Especially considering I don’t have Garnet?

1 Like

I have garnet and I dig him. Will probably get my next set of rings. I’m planning on setting him with killhare on defense for that 3 turn protection at VF. Unlike garnet who may or may not fire on defense.

1 Like

His main purpose is the ailment protection IMHO.

Total burn damage looks high at first sight, when you compare him to like Gravemaker. Many people call him OP for that reason. BUT it is distributed along much more turns, and it makes whole lot of difference. Worse, it overwrites GM’s ailment so if a target was getting 250 dmg per turn from GM, with Emilio afterwards, it will be lowered to like 100 dmg per turn.

Heal is situational and rather low, risky to rely only on him.

I would say, he is not a one-click hero, need to think when to use him AND how to use other heroes that you take with him. So bear that in mind not to be disappointed later on.

3 Likes

I think the OP info needs to be updated. Because in the live game, Emilio’s burn dot is higher than the beta information. Same for the others as well.

Oh, true! I totally forgot he’d be able to block Killhare’s def down too :sweat_smile: awesome, I’ll definitely level him up so!

1 Like

Very true! Thank you for this information just now, i did not see it earlier, sorry :sweat_smile:

For myself, I also have a max’d emblem JF , which ofc has the higher burn DOT effect. I do have an Asterius, though, so perhaps that regular burn stacking with corrosive burn would work ?

I’m not sure! Ahah! On this one I will really need to consider which next 5* i give my mats to!

1 Like

@ABadSeed no. some DoTs will not stack. For example, JF’s burn dot will get overwritten by Asterius’s corrosive burn dot. And that one will get overwritten by an uncleansable burn dot.

However, the secondary effects of corrosion dot, will stack with similar effects. Like Asterius. His corrosive also has defense down. That will stack with other defense down heroes like Wilbur.

1 Like

I just realized ( durr) he can buff his own special attack. Fires once, puts burn ( 5 turns) and protect 3 turns. Then unless the enemy cleanses the burn, he is likely to fire again before 5 turns is up, renewing the burn, adding the heal and 3 more turns of protection.

3 Likes

From my experience, he best synergizes with himself (lol) and non-costumed Marjana. Should also go well with Natalya if you have her. I don’t like how he works with Gravemaker, though. Other burners are too slow for Emilio to rely on them.

4 Likes

His second tier effect ( heal, burn protect) does work with Asterius , his burn does not overwrite Asterius corrosive burn, but you get the secondary effect.

1 Like

If you had to chose between Asterius or Emilio…who would you do? not sold on Emilio based on my red roster

Maxed Garnet, Elizabeth, Marjana-C, BK, Gefjon, Gravemaker, Tyr, Mitsuko, JF, Grazul, Red hood

1 Like

I will likely ascend him over Asterius as the VF with 3 rounds of protection is too good to pass up. With formations, asterius has been much more tempting though. My red line up is pretty much the same as yours (QoH but no red hood, and my grazul, mits and Tyr are only 3-70)

I am looking forward to putting him in on defense to see how he does in this set up, unless I see some convincing video of him being an absolute fail there before I get the last 2 rings I need

On offense I tend to run 3-1-1 ( garnet/cobalt/ onyx with 2 others the strong color to the tank or main threat)

1 Like

It is changed to 410.

And this to 320:

4 Likes

Has anyone fought him on defense to see how high the stronger burn gets with high emblems and troops?

1 Like

There is the only video I’ve seen so far. Saw someone up in the top 10 with him but haven’t fought him myself yet

4 Likes

Thanks; OP all updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s actually a very straightforward calculation: take the burn damage shown on the card (it’s already factored in the increased attack from emblems), multiply by the attack bonus from troops, then multiply by 1.2 to get the total burn damage when faced on defense.

So for an Emilio+0 with lv 30 mana troop, the total burn damage would be 410 * 1.26 * 1.2 = 619 over 5 turns. Certainly not GM level, but it’ll definitely slowly chip away at you.

2 Likes