🧪 Early Information on the UPDATED Third & Fourth Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v30]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the updated Path of Valor.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Updated Daily Challenges

Beta currently has some new Daily Challenges, as well as ones we’ve seen before.

Daily Challenges appear to all still be worth 150 Valor Points each.

Notably, there are some new kinds of Daily Challenges:

• Season 3 Special Stages
  • Color stacking for Raids, Titans, and Map Stages
  • Leveling Heroes with specific element Heroes
  • Defeating enemies of a specific element
  • Using Troops to Train another
  • Greeting a Villager

Obviously it’s impossible to log every Daily Challenge in Beta that may possibly be seen in the live game, but here’s a sampling of what I’ve seen so far:

• Greet 1 Villager
  • Win 3 Raids in Bronze Arena or higher
  • Use 2 Nature Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Win 1 Raid with at least 3 Heroes of the same Element in your Team
  • Complete 1 Map Stages using at least 3 heroes of the same element in your team
  • Use 2 Fire Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Defeat 10 enemies of the Holy element
  • Complete 3 Quest Stages
  • Defeat 10 enemies of the nature element
  • Use 3 Minor Mana Potions
  • Use 2 Holy Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Use 3 Bear Banners
  • Use 3 Potent Healing Potions
  • Complete 3 Special Stages in Jotunheim
  • Use Troops in Training
  • Attack a Titan 1 time with at least 3 Heroes of the same Element in your Team
  • Complete 3 Special Stages in Midgard
  • Defeat 10 enemies of the Ice element
  • Use 2 Ice Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Use 1 Tornado
  • Defeat 10 enemies of the Fire element
  • Use 2 Holy Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Use 2 Dark Heroes to gain experience for a Hero
  • Defeat 10 enemies of the Dark element
  • Triumph in 2 Consecutive Raid Battles
  • Use 3 Dragon Banners
  • Complete 3 Poison Mist Map Stages

Updated Valor Challenges

Like the live versions of Path of Valor, Beta currently has 6 Valor Challenges active for the whole duration of Path of Valor.

Whether these particular Valor Challenges will be the ones for the third Path of Valor won’t be known until it opens in the live game, but here’s what’s in Beta:

1. :new: Complete Daily Path of Valor Challenges
  2. :new: Level up any of your Heroes
  3. Kill Titans
  4. Win Raids
  5. Gain Experience
  6. Summon

As in previous Paths of Valor, each Valor Challenge has multiple tiers, progressively unlocking as the current tier is completed.

I have not completed and logged the progression for each of the Valor Challenges, and don’t expect to have time to during Beta.

Rewards (Not Yet Updated)

The Rewards have not yet been updated in Beta, and still show the same exact items as the second Path of Valor.

This has been noted as a known issue by the Small Giant Staff, and updates are expected, at the least to change the Ascension Materials, Emblems, and Trainer Heroes rewarded, like the changes from the first to second Path of Valor.

It’s possible but unknown at the moment whether there will be additional changes beyond that.

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

34 Likes

I, for one, do NOT like this. I don’t even have season 3 unlocked yet, let alone having the various provinces that may be needed opened yet.

Please, SG, take out the Season 2 and 3 Valor challenges, as they seem to be geared towards people who have been playing for longer than a specific set of time. (I would argue the same with Diamond Arena valor challenges, but that’s just a me-thing.)

10 Likes

You didnt have to complete all the quests to get the 4* AMs. My alt account is level 30 and I’ve unlocked S3?! Not sure what level you are at.

Some of the crafting tasks were not able to completed by newer players - tough trying to cater Path of Valour for the experienced players, mid-level players and new players all at the same time.

My main account completed PoV 2 with over a week to go. My alt F2P account, didn’t. I don’t see a problem with that :woman_shrugging:.

8 Likes

If the S3 quests are in the minority (ie only 1 or 2 quests) it will likely make little difference to the furthest reward you were capable of reaching, but yes it is a tad unfair - but that is a natural unfairness resulting from the fact that some have been playing for longer than others.

8 Likes

The valor challenge to complete daily challenges seems a bit… redundant?

Or maybe they’re just really embracing the whole Norse mythology bit and this is a nod to Ouroborus.

I don’t have an issue with the rest. I am a bit surprised at the s3 ones since you have to reach province 15 in S2 for that, but as long as it’s a small number of quests that’s fine.

In retrospect, seems like there were fewer “complete X levels” in general this time, which I also hated during the first one. Particularly that one day that had 50+ energy and IIRC there were multiple events at the same time. Which didn’t complete the dailies.

5 Likes

They need to seriously get rid of those harvesters and add in some keys, Valhalla coins, and LOT coins or what ever they are

The harvesters are pretty worthless unless you decide to make them available for S2 being nobody will play for 24 hours straight

39 Likes

Agree, the harvester items are a BIG failure they need to scrap. Give us keys and coins instead like you stated.

14 Likes

@zephyr1 bro tell to dev team that level up troops is not acceptable as I don’t hv any feeders for Troops , this is unfair , will share my troop info later . And what is meant by greet villager ?

Dev team doing changes to make game more interesting, appreciate for that but they need to consider whether that changes suitable for all players => eg once start the game and don’t hv troop level increase building ( forget that name lol ) or whom even unlock the S2 ? How do they do S3 ?

It is more appreciate if they increase the prices from valor challenges socially in free path as I don’t hv seen any atlantis coins

1 Like

Saving at least a single 1* would seem prudent, then. That way you can feed it to another Troop when needed.

Tapping on one, so it waves at you.

6 Likes

Oh no no no nonono. Troops are too complicated already. Leave them alone.

4 Likes

I just don’t like those quest appear during event or s2 quest appear during s3, etc.

3 Likes

My thoughts:

Overall, I like the challenges… but:

• leveling troops is unfair as one has no chance to produce feeders.

• personally, I find most harvester rewards useless. They might be of value for lower level players, but I don’t know any player at a higher level who farms for meat/iron.

• the last avatars for female players were all behind a paywall. It would be nice if females got a free avatar as reward this time.

11 Likes

I see what the game is trying to do, show newer players about stacking and troop level and other things that veterans know well. I hope those players that don’t read the forums are able to learn something from this. For those that play often, it’s a fun chore.

18 Likes

Daily summons and farming provides troops to use for leveling. If you are worried then save all 1* troops from now until the next POV.

2 Likes

SG got fed up with all the whining about Telly, so decided to teach their players how to beat her :))

17 Likes

I thought of a new reward item for POV3. It would be a similar concept to the harvesters, but would work on energies. For instance, “10% reduction in regeneration time for WE for 24 hours”. It could be done for any and all of the Energies and even one that works for all 3.

13 Likes

Also let’s please not have the level troop mission please or make it really easy, like “level on troop”

I like the harvester… I farm for food and iron… I don’t care what lvl you are… emblems on 5 heroes at a time lvl up 5 heroes at a time crafting tornadoes building advanced buildings… how could anyone have any resources to spare?.. yeah I raid nonstop yeah I win a lot… now I am guilty of feeding 1* to max a hero but i just don’t have the patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does “level up any hero” as a monthly quest imply maxing him out? Because this could force some people to level 1 and 2 star heroes, because their 4 and 5 star projects take longer to complete… (Assuming we have tier one, level 1, tier two level 2, tier 3 level 3, or some such.)