šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (V45) ā€“ Soul Exchange, War of the Three Kingdoms -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

There are still 2 open days in the current schedule, before the tower events.

Besides, who said the 4-week-schedule is set in stone? It could be changed to a 5-week-schedule. (Although I admit that is unlikely.)

Yeah, everything can happen. SG will make decisions and tell us :slight_smile:

True but SGG made evident they were way too generous with AR, hence VF was designed as it was, and why ARā€™s duration was nerfed twice. So the next step I would expect is that they will make AR indeed a once in two-month occurrence. Hopefully VF will have Troll appearance rate augmented.

I was going to ask you a couple weeks ago if they might collapse all the older seasons into one event, like they did with the older quest events, when season 5 is released.

That is also possible. Having the AR + VF at the same time under a combined coin and portal.
We will see once anything about this arrives to Beta, but might be only in V46 Beta only.

Beta Update

We have just received a new Beta with this content.

New HotM has arrived for March

Soul Exchange

• The Soul Exchange is arrived, but there are no changes on it.

War of the three Kingdoms

• No noticable changes are arrived for it, and we did not received any new heroes for it either so far.

Reward Improvements

Epic Tome of Golden Emblems will be added as a possible reward to following sources:

• Rare Wanted Chests
  • Rare Titan Loot
  • Raid Tournament Rewards

Changes will be effective after Version 45 is released.

Extra Daily Summon

After using your Daily Summon, you can now watch an ad for an extra Daily Summon.
The VIP Pass does not double this extra summon.

Balance Adjustment

• Durations of undispellable and uncleansable status effects can now be refreshed
    • New casts of Element Link now refresh the duration of identical Element Link buffs previously applied by another Hero of the same Family
    • Element Link buffs that grant extra defense against a specific element are not considered identical; such effects now overlap, and will not refresh or override each other
  • Wolf and Raven Heroes can now refresh the duration of status effects modified by their Family Bonus
  • Non-Corrosive status ailments can now override Corrosive status ailments of the same name
    • Previously, Corrosive effects would override ā€œregularā€ effects, but not the other way around
    • Burn/Frost/Poison will now override Corrosive Burn/Frost/Poison, and vice versa
    • Stack effects will continue to be unaffected by status effects

Improvements

• Adjusted UI scaling for battle information tooltips
    • Better legibility when inspecting Heroes or enemies with very long descriptions
  • Clearer descriptive text for:
    • Cobaltā€™s Special Skill
    • the Family Bonus mechanic
  • Improved input responsivity in all battles involving turn-based stage properties
    • Affects most Challenge Events, Mythic Titan, Ninja Tower, and Tower of Magic stages
    • Affects certain map stages
  • Item tooltips now distinguish between Wanted Missions and Rare Wanted Missions
  • Reduced room for confusion between mana generation and re generation
    • Certain Special Skills now use the word " receive " instead of ā€œregenerateā€
      • Heroes affected: Alberich, Ariel (Costume), Gramps, Ludwig, Toxicandra
      • This is only a text edit and does not change how these Special Skills function
      • These Special Skills do not interact with Chakkoszrotā€™s mana generation debuff

Fixes

• Costume Bonus is now calculated into stats shown in Level Up, Ascension, and Limit Break displays
  • Damage-over-time status effects cast by Lord Loki now properly deal extra damage against specific elements when applicable (e.g., Clarissa, Gravemaker)
  • Fixed a bug with Golden Emblems in which the game would prevent players from using one to learn a Talent, citing a lack of resources
  • Fixed a visual bug in which the Berserk icon would not disappear from An-Windr or Gullinbursti in Challenge Event battles if their Special Skill was reflected by an Elemental Barrier
  • Fixed a visual bug in which Time Stop would not immediately update enemiesā€™ turn counters
  • Lady of the Lakeā€™s Minions now properly reduce mana from targets affected by Balbarā€™s Sleep
  • Lughaidh can no longer cast status effects on allies in Ghost form
  • Removed a misleading audio cue from the end of Eloiseā€™s Special Skill sound effect
  • Removing a Fiend by summoning a new Minion will now cleanse status ailments cast by the Fiend immediately, instead of at the end of the turn
  • Special Skill effects tied to enemy kills will now correctly trigger regardless of whether a killed Hero revives through the Fighter Talent
    • Heroes affected: Fenrir, Frank (Costume), Skadi
  • The ā€œATTACK TEAMā€ button in Alliance Wars now correctly reads ā€œINSPECT TEAMā€
  • To-be-revived Fighter Heroes are no longer valid targets for items such as Revive Scroll and Miracle Scroll
  • Tower of Magic bosses can now be properly inspected during battles
  • Yunanā€™s Costume no longer looks tiny in PvP battles
13 Likes

kind of disappointing, was expecting news

this is nice, though

7 Likes

yay! more free hero and troop feeders/summons for the PoV challenge,

and yay! faster gameplay, hopefully this gets rid of the lags when playingā€¦ really happy this is being worked on

10 Likes

Guess I shouldā€™ve waited a bit before starting that Bug thread :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d say a lot of the ā€œbalance adjustmentsā€ are just ā€œfixesā€ for a more coherent behaviour, but always appreciated, along with the improvements. Now letā€™s wait for a 3rd HA queue and sliders in AL

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s so nice of you!!! Are we supposed to say thank you? because you did it on soul exchange feedback.

5 Likes

Can we say this is good? Nerfing a whole class against item?and making them less useful in some events?

Why is this a nerf to you? I think they fixed the problem when you could waste an item on a hero who was a ghost, right before reviving. At least I understood this like thatā€¦

10 Likes

That is my understanding too.

4 Likes

May be I understand it differently! And also wonder why the need to use item on a ghost or soon so be ghost!

Lol and more ad revenue for SGG. Always something in their pocket.

Hope the lag disappears for good.

1 Like

so, when we can expect this live?

How does this treat the new +10% mana link from Delilah, Zeline, etc and the +4% mana link from Seshat, Kingston, etc.

Since they are a different family, will they ā€œoverlap?ā€ Or since they are both mana generation elemental links, will, for example, Seshatā€™s +4% overwrite Delilahā€™s +10%?

I had the same reaction. Explicitly saying they didnā€™t ignore the feedback on the war of three kingdoms implies they did ignore the feedback on soul exchange.

@PlayForFun , did staff provide any explanation on why no changes to soul exchange?

5 Likes