🧪 Early information on the April 2021 HOTM Frosth

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the April 2021 HOTM, Frosth.

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Frosth Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 788

Attack: 776
Defense: 731
HP: 1339 1349

Element: Ice :snowflake: (Blue)

Class: Rogue

Innate Resistance: Resist Burn (Burn)
This hero has an innate resistance against Burn.

Innate Ability: Cleanse on Minion Death
This hero’s status ailments are cleansed when a minion owned by them is destroyed.

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Cold Command

• Summons a Frost Sprite Minion for each ally with 10% 13% HP and 15% 16% attack inherited from the caster.
  • All allies’ minions get +20% 30% HP and +20% 30% attack.
  • Element Link gives all ice allies a small amount of mana at the end of each turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

🧪 The Beta Beat (V36) – Season 4 Heroes/ Gameplay/ Portal, Non-S1 Costumes & More to come (?) -- Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

18 Likes

Yes there are TWO (2) Passive abilities for this new HotM (and the Jan, Feb & March ones too).

This appears to be the start of the 4th generation of HotM which have both a passive resistance AND a passive ability…

Finally, the elemental link IS a passive mana generation per turn. Same as Alberich does :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is what Noor should be!

23 Likes

Without duration? Only for existing minions?

This work well with recent HotM’s elemental link.

2 Likes

They will make a fine pair

5 Likes

I’m confused as to how this special works. Does current minion get an additional 20% HP and attack from what they currently have? so for a Bera minion with Bera at lets say 1400 health the minion is cast with 280HP when this is cast would the current minion now have 336 health?

This effective takes her minion from 20% HP/Attack to 24%HP/Attack.

If I’m correct at first glance this seem awesome but I don’t think will be amazing.

4 Likes

To me this hero is underwhelming.

10% HP when Freya gets 20%?

+20% attack, but it affects only minions and not the heroes themselves?

For being released almost a year after Freya, this isn’t really good.

Seems to me that HOTM are terrible lately.

7 Likes

If his special stacks it could be amazing. His minions are effectively cast at 12% HP and 18% attack. On the first cast. If it stacks the new set will have the same while the old set will have 14.4% health and 21.6% attack. Pair him with freya or Noor and you could have a formidable team.

1 Like

You could say the same thing about any hero that boosts attack, but it would be for more than 20% and it would affect the hero and tile damage too.

This would affect attack and over healing both so it is kind of worth it, potentially.

Whomever is in beta should strongly encourage SGG to revisit his stats. I’ve noticed this trend lately of stats being completely irrelevant to the hero or their abilities. His stats should be more def/hp, less attack. There is no reason for his attack to be higher than 699 and that’s a stretch.

5 Likes

There’s not really anything particularly special about this hero at first glance, but I think he might be my favorite on 2021 so far. I see two uses from him:
One is to buff another minion hero out there.
The other is in a blue stack solely as a partial healer and mana buffer. I use Kiril-Frida-Grimm in my blue stack. Frosth would help that team in 2 ways. First the minion would add a bit of health making sure I can get my specials off. Second the mana boost will help too.

I’d essentially only plan on using him to make sure the other heroes I bring do their job. The bigger question is if I take Vela off a team just to use Frosth?

@Guvnor

Is that 20% multiplied or summed?

2 Likes

I don’t like this one. Suppose all 5* heroes have around the same HP, and you have Noor & Freya on the squad-- both summoning some of the most powerful minions in the game. They’ll make a total of 53% minion HP if they just went off. Frosth then adds about another 22% HP between his 10% minion and +20% boost. So suppose he just summons a 22% HP minion. His +15% attack he then gives to them is minor, especially when placed next to Freya’s +120% attack. Freya also gives Defense Up to her team.

My verdict is that even if the stars align and Frosth is magically placed in his perfectly ideal playground, he still falls far short of Freya. And Freya’s good, but still not renowned as one of the best. I don’t feel this monthly needs to be weaker than Freya to be fair.

4 Likes

Could be useful but not going to target if he remain like this. Doesnt even work perfectly with Glenda and Krampus because they are average and him fast so minions wont get the boost before the second turn

“Cleansed and/or dispelled”? Minor typo there @Guvnor.
Also, it feels like I have a lisp when I say this name. That should be nerfed as well…

4 Likes

No Duration. Yes only existing minions

Only minions there before casting the skill. Not sure if the minions created in the same cast are not affected.

Fixed. Should have just been Cleansed.

3 Likes

Frosth is very underwhelming to be sure. Granted he’s not slow like Noor, but just because he’s fast doesn’t make him “good” for all the reasons you mentioned.

1 Like

If Frosth became Very Fast I don’t think he’d beat Freya or Grazul, but he’d sure be fun! What’s everyone else think about that? I’d like to have a Very Fast Frosth

1 Like

From what I’ve seen it looks like he adds an additional 20%… with Bera minions being as beefy as 655 hp… I think we need to learn a bit more about this one before we write him off. (Which means he’ll likely be considered op shortly)

3 Likes