ℹ Costumed Seshat – 5* Dark/Purple - July 2019 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume Released: Costumed Seshat

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Seshat, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Seshat

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Barbarian
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern Of Legends Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
dodge Dodge At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they cleanse the newest status ailment from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Exorcizing Arrow
  • Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Deals 370% damage to the target.
  • Summons a Replicator Minion with 18% HP and 15% attack inherited from the caster. It generates a clone of itself every 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives 4% mana generation for all Dark allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

Attack is increased to 788 from 782.
Defense is reduced to 697 from 703.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of HoTM Costumes (Round 6 of costumes in general) [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Seshat ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Seshat.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Seshat and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Seshat worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Seshat on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Seshat ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Seshat as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Seshat Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Seshat’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Seshat and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Seshat, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Seshat when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Seshat, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Seshat (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Seshat), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Seshat (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Seshat worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Seshat would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Seshat’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Damage Dealer
  • Minion Summoner (self)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Seshat compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Seshat’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Seshat’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Seshat is better ?

• Normal Seshat
  • Costumed Seshat

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Seshat worth giving Ranger Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Seshat is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Seshat is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

1 Like

Costume seshat or onyx for the ranger emblems?

I note that she now has a tp of 895ish plus a 10% attack bonus from the family even if she’s on her own so that’s going to be some serious stats of you include that

1 Like

Hi people! What talent path is useful for costume seshat? All attack?

Onyx is great and very versatile. He’s the only hope when you face guys like Ludwig, also very useful against Krampus/BK, Sifs etc. Frankly I love my Onyx so much I have ascended a dupe and run both in a single mono team (or build two war teams with one in each). And I never ascend any dupes. I don’t see how Seshat would compete with him, even with the costume (especially that he’s a bit squishy and those emblems really help him, even if you go attack path which I recommend).

1 Like

Between regular Sheshat & Onyx… Onyx is way better
BUT
Sheshat costume dispels-3 first
&
then whacks-3 without taking any damage back, making her very useful in all situations where dispel is needed.

I would do Sheshat costume for that huge advantage of first dispel…

1 Like

C Seshat only deals damage to the target. She does not hit all 3.

WIth Onyx, dispell is not needed.

Also just 5 tiles needed for Onyx to block taunter (nearly guaranteed shutdown of those, since all of them are either average or slow).

Though of course, to each their own.

1 Like

Incorrect : that with Onyx dispel is not needed. Please read the card.

I use Onyx daily & many times he dies when hitting 3 full health heroes when riposte is on
While
Sheshat costume dispels first which removes any riposte / defence buff possibility to deliver 100% hit power.
S3 - Fogg does the same, which is why his snipe is powerful & at times kills despite taunt / any defensive buffs on.

Maybe you were referring to: Onyx hit dispels & makes the target immune to new buffs is later when riposte damage has been already received by Onyx.

“First dispel & hit is better than hit first & later dispel”

I use 2 Onyxes daily. I know him well enough.

Yea if you launch him at someone with riposte obviously you get burned. But he charges fast enough that you easily apply his debuff BEFORE the target has chance to get riposte on (he really needs 5 tiles for 1st charge and most of the riposters are at least average). And even in those rare cases when you are not fast enough and let the enemy get riposte before you can charge - then he is ranger and still has chance to bypass.

I don’t argue with that - it’s definitely better. But my point here is with Onyx you prevent the buff from even happening so you don’t need to dispell it later. And I value that more than being able to dispell in any order really. Especially that it blocks UNDISPELLABLE buffs as well.

1 Like

So my initial point & reply is not based on how many Onyxs you or I have or not
but
keeping things simple as a hero based on the hero card. Hence I said what I said about Sheshat costume being priority.

When a hero fires & creates impact… it is not a 100% scenario but a possibility & hence I go back to the above line when describing hero & context. We have used Onyx & know it is a mix bag of situations / results but Sheshat costume is absolutely better equipped surety becoz of dispel first.

About Onyx charging fast to stop all riposte is an illusion… it does happen some times BUT not all the times. Also, I can stop one or 2 heroes from getting the buff, but impractical play someone gets left out… which is sorted by Sheshat costume :wink:

FYI, I can digress & speak about Sabina costume which doesn’t have any danger of dying & does all that Onyx does minus the damage…

1 Like

Well, nice to see the corrections….
But
you conveniently forget that Onyx weakens & dies when dealing with an already active riposte
While
Sheshat. C doesn’t for already explained reasons.

Yes, onyx charges fast & blocks buffs, is an already known fact since MONTHS
but, the discussion is about the benefits of Sheshat… :grinning:

1 Like

Nope:

That was the question that brought Onyx (and my arguments) to this topic.

I don’t forget it at all. Point is, Onyx charges so fast it is very unusual to not be able to prevent the riposte from applying. Besides, how often do you see ripostes? Compare to taunt which is supercommon these days. Yes, C Seshat beats Onyx when dealing with defense that already has riposte on them, no doubt there. Now tell me in what % of battles that scenario occurs as compared to all other scenarios where what Onyx does is much better.

4 Likes

Ferants now is very common. So, C. Seshat is very good against them. And C. Sabina can block buffs as well.

2 Likes

Great costume. Fits a purpose and gives the base hero better stats.

There are some purple dispellers, even in the vanilla heroes (Sabina, Domitia) and some more recent ones (Onyx). I don’t think there are that many yellow buffers.
So in a sense it’s not very unique.

Solid design (visually as well)

2 Likes

Sir, Hanitra, Guin, Lindenbrock - yellow buffers.

1 Like

I just get her from Tavern of Legends portal :slightly_smiling_face:

Full body picture

1 Like

What embelem path is best for C Seshat?

I am thinking defense for lasting longer and dispelling more

Left or right?

Agree. If you don’t manage to fire them, their attack becomes irrelevant. And good defense and health stats are especially important if you want to use her on defense as tank or flank, so left.

1 Like

Odd one this.

The card spelling is Excorcizing Arrow but I believe both are wrong and should say Exorcizing Arrow.

3 Likes

Our proofreader extraordinaire :slight_smile:

2 Likes