ℹ Costumed Hel – 5* Dark/Purple - June 2017 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume is Released: Costumed Hel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Hel, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Hel.

Costumed Hel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Cleric
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2017
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Crush of Malice
  • Deals 320% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster steals generated mana of all enemies over 4 turns starting low and increasing every turn until on the last turn all generated mana is stolen. This effect can’t be cleansed, but it gets removed if the caster dies.
  • Deals extra damage to Holy.
  • Elemental Link gives all Dark allies +15% attack and +15% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be displelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Legends 2017 Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Costume bonus is reduced to 3%/3%/6%/1% from 5%/5%/10%/5%.
    So that stats are reduced:
    • Attack: 782 → 767
    • Defense: 726 → 712
    • HP: 1460 → 1407

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 2 of HoTM Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Hel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Hel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Hel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Hel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Hel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Hel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Hel as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Hel Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Hel’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Hel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Hel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Hel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Hel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Hel (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Hel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Hel (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Hel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Hel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Hel’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Stealer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Hel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Hel’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Hel’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Hel’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Hel is better ?

• Normal Hel
  • Costumed Hel

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Hel worth giving Wizard Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Hel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Hel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Hel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Hel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

So the new card/costume that you have to pull in order to access is a hit-all Onatel.

Now I wonder…

Will the new card/costume for Onatel
be a hit-all Hel?
:sleeping:

1 Like

I like the original hero…I think I’ll really like this one costume but not sure if I want to spend on getting her…it is such a bummer when your efforts are futile by chance…
Crossing fingers and hopefully we can see her come through the portal … good luck everyone who is pulling for her!!!

6 Likes

Loving how this is not just “warning it’s just a prediction” anymore but a straight thank you now :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

All enemies can’t gain mana for 3 turns. Everyone will quit this game

5 Likes

Nah… people will spend $3,000 to get it.

7 Likes

Should see some defences with multiple copies of C Hel within 2 hours of C Hel entering life game.

1 Like

Good morning, There are no costumes bonus? the statistics that appear in the portal are the same with and without costume

It’s weird, doesn’t even look like it’s considered a costume in the portal.

My luckiest single pull ever, so happy! I was dreaming about her for years!

Surprised by people believing she could be a good tank. She is average and her 2017 stats are so low, even with the costume bonus
I will test her in that position tonight and will report the résults here

16 Likes

She’s just crazy OP on offense. Once she fires, she will charge over and over again. Onatel is charging like crazy while being only target and nearby, but her giving this ailment to everybody is just too much. Definitely a material for a YT movie with Hel + Healer vs. rest of the world.

5 Likes

The reason why her stats haven’t changed is because the costume bonus is hidden behind the max power preview button

My initial impression is Costume Hel is crazy

1 Like

Reduced my time limit for the game app from 2h to 1,5h yesterday but after they released perseus and hel like I’ve further moved it down to 1h.

This thing is just not reasonable to play anymore. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I had 47 tokens and Hel has been a hero I have long sough after. I got her on the 4th pull and super excited. I wanted the Perseus costume which adds another 14% EDD against blue compared to Frida/King Arthur/Nordri but this portal has never been nice to me. I am super happy with my Hel and her costume!

8 Likes

Got her on my first pull. Did 40 more and got another Morax. Very happy with her and I could use the feeders.

1 Like

I’m feeling your pain here…congratulations on your lucky pull…I tried with enough saved tokens for 27 pulls and not a single 5*… lol… but it’s okay …I’m just start saving up for a different portal tokens…
:wink:

1 Like

Here she is, full def then life on her costume version.

7 Likes

Was planning on using my gems for the Christmas heroes, but decided to try my luck. Got Hel off a 10x. So I’m satisfied

14 Likes