🔱 Costumed Proteus – 4* Dark / Purple Costumed from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Proteus

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Proteus, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Proteus.

Costumed Proteus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
A
Average
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Curse of the Depths
  • All enemies receive 324 Poision damage over 2 turns.
  • All enemies get -50% mana generation for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Atlantis Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Proteus from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Proteus ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Proteus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Proteus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Proteus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Proteus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Proteus ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Proteus as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Proteus Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Proteus’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Proteus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Proteus, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Proteus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Proteus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Proteus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Proteus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Proteus (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Proteus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Proteus would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Proteus’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Mana Generation Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Proteus compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Proteus’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Proteus’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Proteus is better ?

• Normal Proteus
  • Costumed Proteus

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Proteus worth giving Wizard Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Proteus is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Proteus is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Proteus worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Proteus then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

2 Likes

Not sure about this. Back then, the aftermath from Little John can be quite devastating once he fires. Reverse 4* Telly without minions?

I used to use Proteus all of the time, but I honestly can’t remember the last time now I used her.
If I somehow got to 100 coins and pulled this costume I would definitely max it since I have her maxed with emblems still, but I think I would still use the regular version over this one.

5 Likes

I slowly stripped emblems from all four maxed Proteii (?) and it left me very sad for a long time as he had been my most game changing hero for a very long time.

Would max the costumes if they landed but don’t know that he’ll come back into the main teams due to the lack of emblems. Even in 4* arena a bare bones base maxed hero struggles now and the costume boost isn’t enough to make Proteus “robust”, still a fragile thing.

Wait, so Proteus’ costume nerfs his signature (“no you don’t get any mana”) ability?

I mean sure, yes, static costume bonus for original-version Proteus, but that’s not much.

1 Like

If a custom is worst than the original one, why bother to make it at the first place. WHY!!!

7 Likes

The problem with C Proteus is that Proteus is so great that unless he simulates the same skill his costume will be poor. But his stat Costume boost will make the squishy main stronger

2 Likes

Just make him a baby C Hel

1 Like

Man this one was a complete let down, it’s okay I suppose, definitely won’t be chasing it as hard as I chased the original. I chased that mf 3 times.

1 Like

Am I the only one I find costume useful?
Everyone has a copy of Proteus maxed, maybe LB too. Resources to max the costume mean nothing towards stats increase, even for the original version only.
Also, I find the costume version a very interesting option for tank in rush and bloody tourneys.

3 Likes

He remains squishy and the costume really is there to boost the base Proteus. Proteus is a mini-Hel, a pity that Proteus-C is not following in those amazing footsteps and instead went 180 degrees in the other direction.

Did summon the costume today with my fourth saved Atlantis pull. Will give me a bunch of quick, dark projects to work on while waiting for Tabards.

2 Likes

I used this guy for as long time TOO… But long time ago, TOO…I striped their emblems TOO and stay for really rare wars. It’s TOO weak… Was a great game changer for me but … That e&p

1 Like

Why is maxed Proteus power, with the costume bonus, lower than a S1 at same conditions? I know power is not the most important detail on a hero, but it seems strange that Proteus power is higher at base max but it changes with emblems/LB/costume.

That’s because S1 heroes benefit from the full Costume bonus (+5% attack / +5% defence / +10% health / +5% mana generation), whereas S2 costumes only receive (+3% attack / +3% attack / +6% health / +1% mana generation)

As shown in this table from the original beta post linked in the OP :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I forgot the bonus was different with each season. Thanks!

1 Like

Just pull CProteus this month AR…
At first, I did not even care about the costume and think like everyone here that it just to make the base a bit better…

But it is not entirely right!!
Look carefully, though costume mana control has a bit worse effect than original
(50% x4 turns ~ 2 turns stop)

But this is now AoE! Hit all 5 enemies at once (and at semi-fast with mana-troop)… Moreover, his poison now gets pretty stronger … It AoE and accumulate in only 2 turns so it is more difficult to clean and gives pretty good 434 damage to all (with troop it could be 500 AoE)

I change my mind and think he is pretty strong!

Now i even think of LB2 both versions (2 copies) and thwy can be a great weapon in 4* tourney – except facing with those superior clerics :joy:

Below is the preview (not mine)

4 Likes

Got the costume today! Still prefer the or original - full block to three is my preference over mana slow to all. Looking forward to the stat boost though

1 Like

I agree that mana-control-wise speaking, the original is still preferable esp. in PvE content.

Still his costume DoT-to-all now is pretty stronger and comparable even to Kelile C1 with CBx2 bonus (446 in 2 turns) … Kelile C1 nees 8 tiles, while C.Proteus needs 9-tiles with 12%-troop though

So it’s kind of having Kelile C1 with extra mana-delay special

Also, in PvP the special 50%-delay to all is not much worse …

====

Maybe the costume will shine as 4* tank/flank with proper protection from other heroes on defence team :thinking: His LB2-ailment-protection is pretty good too

====

One thing I afraid is that his “worse” soccerer talent 50%-2turn will replace his special which is 50%-4turn :rofl:

1 Like

Both original and costume def have their places, depending on enemy and team set up

When I bring Proteus with snipers, I prefer the original - he can lock down three while the snipers take out the other two

If I’m bringing AoEs who can murder the enemy team by themselves, costume might be better to buy time - as the AoEs will take everyone out anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like