🔱 Costumed Ursena – 5* Dark / Purple Costume from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Ursena

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Ursena, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Ursena

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
A
Average
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Season 4 Atlantis
:dizzy: Special Skill: Reef Blast
  • Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Deals 260% damage if the target has more than 50% health remaining.
  • All allies reflect all status effects and 115% damage from enemies’ Holy Special Skills back to the attacker for 4 turns.
  • All Holy enemies get -54% defense against Dark for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

kép

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Atlantis Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / 25% defense.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Ursena from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Ursena ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Ursena.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Ursena and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Ursena worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Ursena on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Ursena ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Ursena as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Ursena Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Ursena’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Ursena and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Ursena, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Ursena when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Ursena, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Ursena (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Ursena), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Costumed Ursena.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Ursena by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Ursena by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Ursena by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Costumed Ursena by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Ursena by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Ursena

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Costumed Ursena by the 1800th pull

• If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Costumed Ursena

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Ursena (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Ursena worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Ursena would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Ursena’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Damage Reflecter
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Ursena compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Ursena’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Ursena’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Ursena worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Ursena is better ?

• Normal Ursena
  • Costumed Ursena

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Ursena is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Ursena is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

5 Likes

Thanks for your time @PlayForFun. The first survey where I am in agreement with everyone else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Underwhelming. Her only change is that she now also does defense down against dark? But after she fires, so she needs to fire again to make use of it?

Her only niche would be against titans, yellow aether bosses, or against mono yellow teams. She still has no place in defense because 260% damage doesn’t cut it these days.

This was a miss. Worst of the Atlantis costumes IMO.

1 Like

This is probably my most desired of all the Atlantis costumes they’ve brought out so far. I really need a elemental def down in dark. Panther is the teltoc holdout for me an I wasn’t successful getting Sergei either. Ursena would be immediate max for me, Costume side for killing titans or in attack teams and regular side on my defence ( especially in VF where I can use her instead of Quintus as tank, plus can reset all Quintus emblems over and make her +20 straight away

3 Likes

Finished S2 hard today, and got her at 6th summon, preety happy here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

LOL…she’s the best one IMO! I don’t have Panther though. Combined with her reflect, she’s a Titan beast! Why do people put such a heavy emphasis on if they can be on defense?

9 Likes

The only change her costume adds is defense down for yellow heroes only. Great for titans, almost useless for anything else. All of the other S2 heroes got a good change in their costume that makes them more useful in general. Ursena’s change is very niche, hence my comment that she is the worst of these costumes.

Byzantine, a titan hero is never niche. We do 14* every day in our alliance and rely for them for 4* mats. Also, she hits everyone at average speed which makes her very powerful and useful.

2 Likes

Is non-c Ursena viable on offense?
Do i understand correctly that she hits yellows for x1.4?

I don’t have her nut I believe she’s very good on offense. The reflect is great against all holy heroes.

Got her from HA10. 2 years ago I would have freaked out, today she is an average hero.

Anyone use her and her costume ?

I think I can use her at titans and in raids and Events with a lot of yellow enemies.

2 Likes

i have the original and still use her, she is great

the costume is good for titans if you don’t have panther, you can use her costume against titans with sergei.

have sergei always do his second charge and ursena takes care of the dark defense down

1 Like

I get that her elemental defense down isn’t as good as G Panther because it is limited to holy enemies but that certainly does not justify the unhappiness.

TITANS!!

If when attacking you can bring Costumed version if opponent is especially heavy on holy heroes that do no damage like C-Vivica, adds flexibility without making her universally perfect.

Big yes, great for Titans and a little extra usefulness in other arenas.

SG’s creative department didn’t strain themselves too badly but the result is satisfying.

Also as war tank, raid defense tank or if you wish to go double black flank, so enemy is inclined to bring yellow.

I have panthers costume. I have two actually. The first one is ran on offense and paired with killhare. Launch panther c then killhare and everyone dies. The fact panther is fast and killhare is average makes the pair that much more effective due to timing of panther going off first.

I am leveling my 2nd costume panther now and dont have another killhare so im leveling ursenas costume to run with panther c. The pair will be another massive 1-2 knockout punch that i will use in almost every war and on many raids. So long as an enemy isnt below 50% health(horrible idea btw)

If not for panther costume i would see no use at all for ursenas costume or ursena at all. Shes just completely underwhelming except against yellow titans.

You can play Ursena as a one punch dark hero in any setup to completely shut down enemy yellow(s).

Any format of 2 ( healer+dps) -2-1( Ursena :slight_smile:

Or any yellow mobs on challenge events for extra dmg