🐰 Jasper – 5* Holy/Yellow from Springvale

New Springvale Hero is released: Jasper

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Jasper, as well as your thoughts on Jasper.

Jasper

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Cleric
S
Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Springvale Springvale
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Petals of Nourishment
  • All allies regenerate 1428 HP over 6 turns.
  • All allies get +50% attack for 6 turns.
  • All allies get +50% critical chance for 6 turns.
  • The caster gets -5% mana generation for 4 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Springvale Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Jun 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Healing is reduced to 1428 HP from 1525, and it is given during 6 turns instead of 5.
  • Attack increase is reduced to 50% from 54%, but the duraton is increased to 6 truns from 5 turns.
  • Critical chance increase is reduced to 50% from 60%, but the duraton is increased to 6 truns from 5 turns.
  • Self mana generation decrease is reduced to -5% from -20%, and it lasts only 4 turns instead of 5.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Round 2 of Springvale Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Jasper ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Jasper.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Jasper and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Jasper worth summoning for?

• Would you use Jasper on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Jasper ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Jasper as an opponent?

• Would you give Jasper Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Jasper’s character design?

• If you Summoned Jasper and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Jasper, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Jasper when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Jasper, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Jasper (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Jasper), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Jasper (post release)

:question: Is Jasper worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Jasper would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Jasper’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Over Time)
  • Attack Buffer
  • Critical Chance Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Jasper compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Jasper’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Jasper’s Base Stats?

Note this means Jasper’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Jasper worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Jasper is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Jasper is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Jasper worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Jasper then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

2 Likes

Good titan hero. Great for rush. Decent overall

4 Likes

Will be great for titans. Also the healing seems to be truly big.

2 Likes

My felton is licking his lips. All these delicious buffs

2 Likes

The only buff was the mana penalty got reduced. The other nerfs weren’t needed.

He is slow and everything he does can be dispelled.

7 Likes

The attack and critical chance buffs are lasting 1 turn longer, but yes, the percentages are reduced.

1 Like

Good luck for having a pet named Jasper?

borahae :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hello Guys,

Not sure about Jasper … I don’t play tops for MT and just leveling him for Rush wars ? Not even sure if I would use him often

2 Likes

Up to 3-70 great for dark titans. I may max him, i have a weakness for holy healers

8 Likes

Fated reset today so used my saved tokens in Springvale. Jasper moo-sied (sorry, had to) onto my bench.
Looks like he could be helpful, the crit buff is exciting, chunky heal and attack up. All good, the attack up is not great so for titans he needs banners too I suppose or else another attack buffer (that stays below the attack buff cap if there is one).

Not sure what niche he falls into most cleanly, he does many things but others do pieces of what he does faster and/or better, so really just titans for those with deep rosters. Personal conflict is C-G Gazelle just getting the last levels and she does not play nicely with buffers.

Anyone either LOVING or HATING him after using him a bit and care to share thoughts? Anyone using him?

@Tidyup brings up the nightmare scenario of a 3* counter to a 5* seasonal hero. Grrrrr (grumbling because I agree, wish I could disagree).
Felton will never matter if Jasper is not used on Defense but the point remains about Felton’s love of 5* buffers even when not speaking specifically on Jasper, but that is for the Felton thread (or Hatter, or Villiers, or…).

5 Likes

I have not seen a single jasper on defence. Archie yes, quite a number. I kind of called it as I think he’s not good on def. He’s more of a titan hero than anything.
Also even with felton who is fast, it’s difficult to steal the important buffs. If I can’t get 7 yellow tiles, Ludwig will kick my ■■■

2 Likes

For players with shallow benches Jasper could be great, but for deeper benches not a defender these days.
I saw one and I believe it was just showing off because it was the same day as release.
Archie is the prize, Jasper is the consolation prize. Feels like a multi-function tool, doesn’t excel at any single task.
Titans and Rush. Agree.

Still, better than a dupe of another hero that still sits at 1-1

1 Like

I didn’t get Jasper, but a minute ago I saw a video of him casting his special.
His special animation is so gorgeous! The screen is filled with sunflowers, so beautiful.

8 Likes

So also good for farming and general lifting of spirits! I like it!! :seedling: :sunflower: :sunflower: :seedling:

1 Like

Does anyone has him fully leveled yet? I have been waiting to se him on a titan flag.

I use him on 14* dark titan at 1/1 with 2c joon, bogart, jackal and bertulf - first hit 115k, second 122k. Use maybe 1 tornado and little mana only.
This is very good titan hero and pretty nice on rush.

2 Likes

Does Jasper’s mana degeneration ailment show correctly on his game card - it says -5%. But on my Jasper in my roster, his special is currently at level 1/8 and it shows his mana degeneration at -12%. So I am just confused what the amount is, or why it’s showing differently on the roster than on the portal?

1 Like

Because his special skill is not maxed yet (1/8).
As the special skill increase, the positive things get increased like damage, buffs … etc and the negative things get decreased like the negative mana generation for him the same thing happens with heros with negative parts of their skill like wu Kong

4 Likes

Thanks, I thought about this but it’s been so long since I maxed WuK or Killhare - I couldn’t recall if the same thing had happened. Thank you!

2 Likes