📯 Costumed Gefjon – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Fire/ Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Gefjon

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Gefjon, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Gefjon

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Muspelheim
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blinding Spell
  • Destroys all Minions from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Deaks 335% damage to target and nearby enemies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Gefjon from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Gefjon ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Gefjon.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Gefjon and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Gefjon worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Gefjon on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Gefjon ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Gefjon as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Gefjon Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Gefjon’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Gefjon and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Gefjon, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Gefjon when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Gefjon, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Gefjon (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Gefjon), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Gefjon (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Gefjon worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Gefjon would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Gefjon’s Primary Purpose is?

• Minion Destoyer
  • Damage Dealer (Immediate)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Gefjon compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Gefjon’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Gefjon’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Gefjon is better ?

• Normal Gefjon
  • Costumed Gefjon

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Gefjon worth giving Ranger Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Gefjon is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Gefjon is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Gefjon worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Gefjon then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

She looks psychotic in this.
But jokes aside would anyone bother to pull for her since alucard is right around the corner and does the minion killing way better than her?
She should have been a hatter type of situation where she steals all minions and randomly assigns them to all allies

6 Likes

I agree, not pulling for this crazy lady. Not even one. Unfortunately I’m one of the few I’m afraid :wink:

2 Likes

She got outclassed even before her release, that is quite sad. If you pull alucard next week, this hero will be useless omg

4 Likes

I would love to have her, even her none costumed version :pray: Anything to replace Marjana at this point :heart:

14 Likes

This is currently happening in SG which wasnt true ever before in its 5 years history…

Latest released heroes are underpowered since the power creep in stats is just all over the place…

Sekhmet was on par with current best and next day, C2 S1 heroes are released, who have 150-200 hp over 80& of heroes and around 20 attack and def stat more than 90% of heroes…

Now new released heroes or heroes who will come in upcoming months will still be far behind in power…

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to agree with this statement. How a 335%, fast hit 3 hero can be useless? Especially with anti-minion special and W3K defenses appearing here and there. You can wreck Liu Bei’s and Zhuges without counterattack. Even if you put Alucard, or many Alucards then you have her for another war team. And I can argue, that she’s better for the def team than the vampire (fighter class!).

14 Likes

I really like this one but honestly since I rarely get the hero I’m going for …I’ll do a few pulls this time then save tokens for the next time shes featured…
Good luck in the portals everyone!

2 Likes

She is outclassed by alucard in every way other than she hits harder. When Alucard can give way better support than her and is very fast. If I get alucard and her, I rather just use the regular one with CB

1 Like

Being useless was ofcourse a strech in his statement… He probably felt dissapointed in this particular case over current state of power creep+ unloading new shiny heroes every week :slight_smile:

C. Gefjon is ofcourse, a very strong hero.

Its better for SG to release Gefjon before Alucard… what wasnt the most ‘‘ideal’’ is, releasing them soo close to each other (basically a week). If Gefjon would be released as first S3 costume, there would be enough time difference, that players would be inclined to pull for gefjon and later for Alucard… Sif on the other hand, wouldnt be affected being released 2 months later… just not ideal planing of Sg in this case… happens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

C gefjon is released in beta way before alucard. And I guess everyone forgot she existed? And I apologize in advance for today, I am incredibly opinionated today in various threads
Yeah, when the fact that another hero who does the same things as her is coming out next week and does it better than her.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, it definitely is. Whales will most likely have both of them anyways. If I could pull any of them, I’d more than happy.

I think she is still worth getting despite the release of Alucard next week.

Alucards minion removal and the bonuses linked to it are superior to C.Gejon : yes. However we still need to get rid of those tanky heros, removing minions is fine but they will just cast them again if you don‘t kill them fast enough. Remember those W3K heros also heal up each time a new minion is casted.

Here‘s where I personally like C.Gefjon bc she hits 3 for 335% and is fast, looks like a great combo with C.Marjana.

I‘m thinking about these two combos

(1) C.Marjana + C.Gefjon + Alucard :

• 6 Red tiles will get you Alucrad and his minion removal + mana chunk per removed minion will get you C.Marj. and C.Gefjon which will kill 3 heros

(2) C.Marjana + C.Gefjon + C.Gefjon :

• 7 tiles (if you have the mana troops to mana break each hero) will give you all 3 heros. Fire 1 C.Gefjon to remove the minions and then use C.Marj + C.Gefjon to kill 3 heros everytime.

Option (1) is 1 tile faster but either you‘re a whale and you get those two heros anyways or you get lucky now and next week :smile:

4 Likes

Well for that reason alone, they would have to release Gefjon earlier… People still didnt have info of Alucard, so they would be pulling hard for her, but now… not that much :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t think releasing gefjon earlier would do it for me. The main reason why I went on a tirade just now was that the skill is so similar. It’s more of a uniqueness of each hero than their release dates

2 Likes

Thats to some extent would achieve same result… releasing him earlier, before you would know about Alucard, would make you more inclined to pull for Gefjon, since he is amazing :slight_smile:

Alucard would still be viable to pull, since he brings some utility, which harder hitting Gefjon doesnt have to such extent

The only way c gefjon would be distinguished from alucard would be even higher base damage. 385% for the hard hitting splash damage.

Oh yes, she is fast. I don’t know then. 355%?

It’s actually the highest % from fast heroes, as far as I know. Base attack is not the highest tho. But let’s not creep the power creep.

2 Likes

I feel C. Gefjon is great as it is and very valued card!

Alucard isnt just a free meal ticket everyone could get :slight_smile:

1 Like