ℹ Costumed Drake Fong – 5* Holy/ Yellow - August 2018 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume is Released: Costumed Drake Fong

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Drake Fong, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Drake Fong

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Fabled Fist
  • Deals 240% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -50% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2018 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% defense.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of HoTM Costumes (Round 6 of costumes in general) [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Drake Fong ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Drake Fong.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Drake Fong and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Drake Fong worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Drake Fong on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Drake Fong ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Drake Fong as an opponent?

• Would you give Drake Fong Monk Emblems in order to have Cotumed Drake Fong emblemed ? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Drake Fong’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Drake Fong and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Drake Fong, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Drake Fong when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Drake Fong, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Drake Fong (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Drake Fong), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Drake Fong (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Drake Fong worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Drake Fong would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Drake Fong’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Accurancy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Drake Fong compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Drake Fong’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Drake Fong’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Drake Fong is better ?

• Normal Drake Fong
  • Costumed Drake Fong

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Drake Fong worth giving Monk Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Drake Fong is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Drake Fong is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

I wish his damage was 250 instead of 240. Im not sold that his costume is better than regular because of this. The blind is much better obviously, and the fighter class is great, but when it comes to PVP play, the hit of 270 from the original version hits pretty decent. Enough to kill or almost kill a hero or 2. So the question is if the lower hit is offset enough by the increased blind and change to fighter class. Might be, but I am not sure.

3 Likes

I think the costume will be the superior defense team version whereas the regular outfit might be better suited for attack teams.

4 Likes

I would have preferred something new and cool, like:

:dizzy: Special Skill: Five-Headed Cobra Fist

• Deals 160% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies get -60% accuracy for 2 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed.
  • All enemies receive 200 poison damage over 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies +10% attack for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
3 Likes

How much actual damage difference is there between 270 and 240? Like 50 hp?

Also if you compare original to costume then attack is beefed up so the damage difference is even less.

I cant see how anyone would think the extra semi perma blind is not much better than the original regardless of whether on offense or defense

1 Like

These costumes other than S1 heros is a slap on player base. The greed of SG speaks hear higher than anywhere else in all aspects of the game.
:-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1: For those non S1 costumes. :fu::fu::fu::fu:

3 Likes

Can you explain why? It gives some old heroes “new life” and also makes them better. You didn’t receive S1 costumes for free, you also had to pull them. There is no difference. I like this move and it also helps during Towers as you can use the second version of the hero separately.

1 Like

This explanation would make sense but only if pulling these costumes wasn’t at the same shi**y odds as pulling brand new OP heroes.

Costumed old HotM is still worse than new Penolites and Ludwigs. Yet cost of pulling one is literally the same. There’s no features like grinding for costumes which player base was asking for, there are no improved odds of pulling one if you already have the hero. If there were such things in place, I wouldn’t be so against these costumes. Still hoping that SG will deliver on that space. For now the only advantage for pulling at costumes vs new portals you get is if you already that old HotM and benched them, you do not need epic ascension mats to max them.

1 Like

I did the math, the costume version attack stat is only 10 points higher than regular (with costume bonus also). I am not sure on how much difference that makes by the end of calculations as far as the difference between 240 and 270, but it surely seems significant. A kill is always better than even the best ailment. That being said, like I said originally, maybe the increased blind and better class (fighter) does make C-Drake edge out regular, but if so, cant be by much.
Edit After thinking about it more, I do agree the costume is probably better, but I still dont think it is by much.

1 Like

A) would you guys take the mana node on whichever version (costume or non costume) you chose?

B) What troop would you pair him with, Crit, Ninja or mana (if the latter what level?)

Thanks!

If you have a mana troop to get the tile drop, then I’d go mana. I’d prefer not to use the emblem node if I don’t have to. And of course it depends on if someone else could use the mana troop.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ruskin505

1 Like

Costume Drake Fong need BUFF!! The damage should 280%

1 Like

I see Drake Fong even less than Gravemaker on defenses. Is it because both of these have the tiny buff (element link) that El Naddaya attackers can punish? That needs to be sorted out.

1 Like

I think Drake Fong isn’t seen as much because there are better options. Tanks tend to be Dark, which means Holy flanks have a strategic advantage. Some common Holy heroes I see on defense:
Rhys: max health booster, and hurts value of Holy tiles, when Holy is strong against Dark tanks
Horus: faster, better stats, passives
Kullervo: mana control to 2 and two stronger hits
Eloise: more damage, minion control
Qhuge Liang: counterattack and fiend
Woflgang: more damage, damage reduction, boosted health
Penolite: more damage, minion counter, health reduction

Many of these heroes come with better stats, better family bonus, better passives. Blind isn’t the concern it once was.

Those who don’t spend have pretty low chance of having C.DF. Those who do spend, can spend for a better option. I think he’s a solid defensive option, but there are better ones.

3 Likes

Everyone in your list I don’t have, so would it still be worth using costume Drake Fong over the likes of costume Rana who I also have?

Or should I save the ascension materials? Rana is already maxed out.

My tank is Xenophlod. Have El Naddaya, Blue Rabbit costume and Asterius in my defense also.

I use Drake. While I have a number of yellows, the only real alternate I have is Onatel, but Drake is in the same family as Zimkitha, so I pair the two of them, meaning that everyone gets his elemental link.

Of course, I’ve got a fairly shallow pool and don’t have your heroes.

1 Like

Thanks. Rana doesn’t have an elemental link so I think I’ll stick with her and save my ascension materials. Really don’t like giving away free damage to El Naddaya attackers for such a minor buff.

1 Like

Fair enough. I just figure I can’t control what attackers bring, so I don’t over think it. Of course, I don’t have anywhere close to the meta defense team so it’s not really much of a decision.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, do you see a lot of El Naddaya in your watchtower when it comes to attackers?

1 Like