🔱 Costumed Atomos – 5* Nature / Green Costume from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Atomos

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Atomos, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Atomos.

Costumed Atomos

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Paladin
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Atlantis
Image Aether Power Description
bulwark Bulwark At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% defense, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Immortal Punisher
  • Deals 160% damage to all enemies.
  • The less mana the enemies have, the more damage they will receive, up to 310%.
  • If the caster dies dies during the next 5 turns, they are resurrected in the beginning of the their next turn with 40% health. All status effects and stacks are removed when the caster dies.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Atlantis Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Atomos from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Atomos ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Atomos.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Atomos and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Atomos worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Atomos on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Atomos ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Atomos as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Atomos Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Atomos’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Atomos and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Atomos, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Atomos when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Atomos, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Atomos (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Atomos), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Atomos (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Atomos worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Atomos would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Atomos’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Survivor (Self Reviver)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Atomos compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Atomos’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Atomos’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Atomos’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Atomos is better ?

• Normal Atomos
  • Costumed Atomos

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Atomos worth giving Barbarian Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Atomos is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Atomos is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Atomos worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Atomos then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

1 Like

Having just pulled this guy on a couple of stored pulls that I had looking to see if I could nab Gill-Ra and/or any of the 4* costumes I am dissapointed - in comparison to my own roster. It is however, a nice boost to stats at least, so there’s something

On paper, he’s not bad, and I can see the concept behind his kit, but something about getting this hero just didn’t blow me away. Not to mention that the only real change was a small adjustment to his damage… and the Green Knight is just around the corner.

The collector in me will keep him, but I don’t he will see feeders :frowning:

4 Likes

And also 8% more health upon resurrection. But totally understand your POV, it’s one of those moments where it’s lucky to pull a hero at such low odds but they probably won’t get ascended :thinking:

3 Likes

Ah of course! Thank you and well spotted, that 8% certainly does make some dfference to his survivability, together with the paladin class of course.

I would say that he would still have a place in some rosters, but I just don’t know if it’s enough for him to keep up

1 Like

Easy to miss cause you had to scroll down! Yeah that’s true, I have him ascended from back in the day and I’ve stripped his emblems, but if I pulled his costume I would probably re-emblem and use him just for fun and for the new art :laughing:

3 Likes

The new Atomos costume hits harder as the mana gets… lower? But thats an Average speed card meaning when he is ready to hit, seldom any opposite cards will have little mana (at least fast and average cards). Why not leave it as it was (hit harder when an opponent card has more mana)?

1 Like

Orgianal atomos hits harder when the opposite team has more mana.
So you can level the hero and costume for the stats and keep him orgianal form.

1 Like

He does have synergy with aoe mana cutters like guin. But AOE is weak considering this is conditional damage. Not sure if there’s any greens that mana cut, it is not an element that mana cuts other than LOTL

He has this growing out of his back though

31R9C9IZR4L_1024x1024

1 Like

Costumes are usually better at their special (percent of resurrection, health when resurrected etc) so usually a card is used on costumed version. However, just this one has this perk of having vice versa mana special and average speed for this special. When he hits, probably won’t find many with low mana.

1 Like

It is also noted that he is much better to be used in map stages where a majority of regular monsters have no mana. So it will always deal the full damage

2 Likes

fast and very fast may have fired and be at zero when your turn comes (match green, he charges and the enemy charges, they fire, you fire on your turn)

Just pulled atomos and costume from the free summons (I’m very C2P.). Is atomos worth the effort to level? I don’t currently have the mats for him, so just need to know if I should send him to the SE when it comes around.

Some comments and poll feedback here.

Congratulations, he’s definitely good for a player new to the game or mid level

what are your other options?

without roster and stuff, these questions are a pain in the a** to answer and no one will give an informed opinion without proper information.

it’s like if i asked you if i should wear shirt x to some event but you have no clue what my other options, so blindly say yes or no when you don’t know if that is the best shirt in my closet or the worst shirt in my closet and all you truly know is the value of it on the rack or shelf of other clothes i don’t possess…

1 Like

As F/vC2P myself I find Atomos less than exciting. I’m more likely to use Kadilen over him.

You could take him to 3/70 and see how you like him (maybe on maps/quests) before taking the plunge.

An old guy which I take care in a nursing home pulled Atomos. He told me that costume Atomos attack should be increase up to 350%. Very reasonable demand.

1 Like

:yawning_face:

Sweet dreams

1 Like