Slow
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Family
Season 2 Atlantis
:dizzy: Special Skill: Immortal Annihilator
  • Deals 150% damage to all enemies.
  • The more mana the enemies have, the more damage they will receive, up to 270%.
  • If the caster dies during the next 5 turns, they are resurrected in the beginning of their next turn with 32% health. All status effects are removed when the caster dies.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Featured Atlantis Hero?

It’s important to remember that Atlantis Featured Heroes have extremely low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.2% chance of summoning a particular Featured Hero.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 28 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Featured Hero by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Featured Hero by pull 920
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a specific Featured Hero by pull 1410

Putting that in Perspective

• 72 out of every 100 people won’t get a specific Featured Hero by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 720,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Featured Hero

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the specific Featured Hero by the 920th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 920 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the specific Featured Hero

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Atomos (post release)

:question: Is Atomos worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Yes, but only when featured
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Atomos would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Atomos’ Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support / Secondary Damage Dealer
  • Survivor (Self Revive)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Atomos compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Atomos’ Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Atomos worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Atomos is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Atomos is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

The worst hero in the game. Yes, worse than Margaret. I got my second one of these bad boys today. They go nicely with my two Mok-Arrs, the third worst hero in the game behind Margaret. 6 Atlantis 5* heroes since the start of Atlantis a year and a halfish ago for me and 4 of the 6 are the worst heroes in the game.

2 Likes

Out of 36 summons going for Gravemaker, Ranvir, Clarissa, well, basically anyone, I got 2 Atomos. Kinda disappointed because I only read bad about him…

3 Likes

Poor Atomos gets so little love! And I disagree. He was my first ever 5* almost an year back and is still my only Atlantis 5* and reviver. When I pulled him I too was super disappointed with his rating and comments. But he was the only one I had so I levelled him and taught myself to play with him. And you know what, he is an absolute saviour if you use him properly.

Definitely better in offensive green stack than defense, my mono green with Telluria-Atomos-Buddy-Caed-LJ/Melendor is a 3700 team that can take down 42-4300 teams regularly and 4500 teams on a great board. Atomos is frequently the last hero standing. He has a good attack stat for stacking and can take hits. Fire his hit all and keep that revive up at the right time, and you can win a losing game. I have done this many many times over the last 8-9 months in Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Yes, I’m not likely to level my second Atomos (since he is all I seem to pull from Atlantis), but I don’t regret levelling my first.

Bottom line, maybe all heroes can’t be great. But any hero can be good enough when you put in enough effort in learning how to play them.

6 Likes

Yeah, no…he is the worst 5* hero in the game. Worse than Obakan. Worse than Quintus. Worse than Mok-Arr. And yes even worse than Margaret. He has basically no redeeming qualities. He would be bad even if he had average mana speed, but he’s slow to boot!!

2 Likes

You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Feel free to keep hating him while I continue to collect points from everyone who underestimates him :slight_smile:

For those who are disappointed that they can’t find even one decent review about him, my post is for you.

6 Likes

As I read this post on Atomos it seems funny because like @Mused I got 2 Atomos also in a 30 pull not sure if he is bad or good but I do read/see slot hate on him and unfortunately I have Margaret also

You only hear bad about him because you have far too many people, who don’t know how or when to use him. He’s actually pretty frustrating at times to face in raids.

2 Likes

That moment when you clear a whole hero’s thread so it can be feel with dissapointment and complaints
This is going to be a dumpester fire but at least a clean one! :rofl:

I mean… no (he peaks at 2/60 as far as “not wasting resources” and even then is questionable). You can like a hero, you can love a hero but it doesnt make him or her good just because of it. The only place Atomos is not trash tier is on 5* no red allows or 5* everything is set to VF mana, so it’s a niche place. And even with all that help and advantage he doesnt even get to be best inside of that niche.

1 Like

Well, that goes for every hero, if you REALLY want to spin scenarios. Don’t put Telluria in a fire stack all by herself. Don’t use Holy against a mono purple stack of Mok-Arr, Ursena, Kunchen, Seshat, and Khiona. See. I can play this game all day.

Is that really your argument for advicing new players in the idea that investing on Atomos is not as bad as the community makes it ough to be, because ppl dont understand how to play with heroes?.

Sure, I can hop on your train and get even to first class and say that Atomos is the most OP hero a 1.200 power team of blue stacks will ever face. I mean, it’s really comfy and spaceous on this train of yours, in it’s first class section. But there is a reason why we are the only ones on this room.

Edit: How I’m spinning scenarios?. Elaborate further, because I’m lost. I gave out the only 2 scenarios in the whole game where seeing an Atomos is not a free win for a player that is not punching waaay out of their league.

2 Likes

I have a better idea. I hate arguments, and hate my thoughts and feelings always being invalidated and pushed aside by people like you on a very high horse, so I’m just going to stop there and let you know that you are being blocked.

2 Likes

I believe I DID share my experience of getting Atomos as a new and smallish player and growing from Gold to Diamond raiding with him. I’ve also used him in defense, events, quests and tournaments over the last few 8-9 months I’ve had him.

Would he be my first green choice to level. Maybe not. But when he was my only green choice, I did level him … despite all the bad reviews on him. And I learnt to play with him. And make him win games for me. And even now, he sits in my mono green and takes down 4200 teams regularly and 4500 on occasions.

So this experience sharing isn’t for those who have a ton of choices. It’s for those who pulled Atomos and don’t have a choice, but are hesitant to level him just because they cannot find anyone who has anything nice to say about him. Haters will hate. But there ARE people who can and will play with Atomos. And know how to win with him. :slight_smile:

Here’s my latest raid with him. Oh and guess what … you can actually take a slow 3* against a Telluria-Vela +14 and still win. Starting board might be nice but mid game was low on greens. But you just gotta play on :slight_smile:

(The teams)

I don’t know how to upload videos here so here are the game screenshots at roughly 30s intervals. As you can see, not a lot of green tiles mid game.

9 Likes

Now this is a post worth reading, with backed up facts and not just feelings.

But this still doesnt make him a good option, the whole purpose of doing mono color offensive team is to all in and have a chance to cut a power gap between teams by tile rng.
Olmor has a good record of videos of his mono team destroying high level defenses or end game defenses. The ability to do so in your case is not because of Atomos. If you do a mono stack and get 12 tiles you ough to win that game, not because of the heroes but most likely because 12 tiles are already 300ish or 600ish dmg each (3.6k+dmg) + all the ults you get to do on your left over heroes.

Fun anecdote, my first 5* as a FTP was Atomos. Never went further than 2/57 because other 3s and the ocasional 4 at the time was a much useful addition, nevertheless I used him on green stacks on wars. The only reason was because if I manage to get 12 tiles and can use his ult, if his ress isnt cleansed I can survive 1/2 extra turn worthy of possible green tiles combo. That was his whole role in the mono team. If you are going to all in on mono you may as well bring all your slow mana heroes, I can’t argue with that logic. Allthou I would much rather stick with a mono stack of fast heroes, they average much more wins (as long as I can 1shot with 3 tiles the tank).
Same thing with the slow 3* you are not winning because you actually know how to play around with the hero on itself (allthou I have to give you props because that is a really well balanced mono stack, Atomos ress and Shrubbear suicide tanking can and will give you precious extra turns to stack more tiles), but most of your win comes from the luck of RNG (your Atomos and your Shrubbear can not buy you time unless you find 12 tiles, on a monostack vs a team that most likely is a lot stronger than yours: which means even the white auto-attacks from the enemy hurt).

The reason why Atomos is not worth 6 tonics (and for early game players 4 shields to take him to 3/70) is because, specially the Tonics take a long time to get. Unless you buy the 4* offers then is just a question of money, fun and budget. I personally dont know what is the average time for collecting 6 tonics (or any 4* ascencion), I would say 5 months for the average Joe. Is it worth to invest 5months of saving for Atomos?. A hero that will get use less and less as your account progress in the game, until it just has 1, 2 sporadically uses (if even).

His slow mana means that on average he will not provide a usefull ult towards your team winning chances. His ult is not a game changer so even when use, you are not getting a good value out of having used him rather than another hero.

1 Like

9 pulls today, all 3 stars. The only way to trigger me more would be giving me 8 x 3* and Atomos :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you for that balanced response. Like I said, Atomos really isn’t for those who have a lot of choice. 6 months is a good estimate on tonics tbh. I got Atomos around my 6th month of playing. He’s wasn’t just my first green 5*, he was my ONLY 5* in 6 months of playing :joy: So yes, I threw caution to the winds and maxed him. But first, I did test him out at 3/70 for a while to get a feel for him. So it wasn’t a completely blind and desperate decision. At that level, both his high attack stat and revive came in handy and for most of the time I’ve had him, I’ve run him 3-2, 3 being green. Did I regret when I got Kadilen 4 months later and was 2 tonics short, a little. But Kadi plays well at 3/70 as well. And I had got good use out of Atomos by then. And 2 months later, when I did have the tonics to max her, along came Telluria! Poor Kadi! But Atomos still gets used.

Fact of the matter is, for most of us (p2w not included) you won’t always get everything as and when you want it, heroes or ascension mats. But that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying what you have. The reason I even started answering this thread is because I was sad to see people so disappointed at getting Atomos. And so vehemently disappointed at that! Because he really isn’t that bad a hero. You just need to find a way to find your own fun with him. :blush:

Here’s another raid I just did with that team to knock off my Valor challenge. I lost the first revenge attempt, this is my second. And the simple point I’m trying to make is - you CAN have fun with Atomos. You just have to try :blush:

6 Likes

I’m personally underestimating his place in a mono stack. But I do also know ppl that enjoy the game by playing with said stacks and the thrill of taking down huge teams. His ult and stats make him a valid factor in the ever searching quest for the perfect monostack that can have a positive winratio. So I can also understand ppl finding Atomo’s shoes to fit them really well. It’s the opposite of my style of searching for value at every corner: I’m still looking for my first green 5* after almost 11months of playing. Which translates to me having one 2/57 Atmos, one Kadelin 1/1 one Custom Horgall 1/1 (he is looking to be my first green, the moment I have nothing better to level) and 16 Tonics

Finally, this is a very important game mentality to have for the bast majority of players:

That’s why hoarding items and never using them is only fun if you identify as a greedy dragon.

1 Like

LOL, are people really trying to claim he is worth ascending? He is a waste of mats. Any 5 greens in a mono work. Showing off a hero in a mono stack means nothing. It’s like that guy who keeps claiming Mok-Arr is good because he’s awesome in a mono purple team!
Fact: if you have a mono team and get the tiles to charge your heroes, you will win 99% of those no matter who is part of the mono stack.

Some advice: If you are a player with limited mats, DONT WASTE THEM ON ATOMOS! Maybe if you get 18 tonics and have literally no other options then go for him, but not until that!

5 Likes

Cookie Settings