📕 Ceto – 5* Ice / Blue from Untold Tales

New Untold Tales hero is released: Ceto

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ceto, as well as your thoughts on Ceto.

Ceto

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
CT
Changing Tides
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1072 905 1760
4/90 1226 1036 2014
Origin Family
Untold Tales Defenders of Atlantis family
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
50% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
- Deals 80% damage to all enemies.
- All allies get +21% critical chance for 2 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Tidal Vortex
  • Special Skill need consecutive uses to reach full power, the following order:
  • 1st
    • Deals 320% damage to the target and minor damage to all other enemies.
    • If hit enemies use their Special Skill in the next 4 turns, they get -34% attack, -34% defense and -24% mana generation for 4 turns. Status effects are added at the end of a Special Skill. Status effects will not be added if this status effect is removed during a Special Skill.
  • 2nd
    • Deals 435% damage to the target and minor damage to all other enemies.
    • If hit enemies use their Special Skill in the next 4 turns, they get -34% attack, -34% defense and -24% mana generation for 4 turns. Status effects are added at the end of a Special Skill. Status effects will not be added if this status effect is removed during a Special Skill.
    • All enemies receive 436 Water damage over 4 turns. The caster absorbs 50% of the dealt Water damage as health.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Defenders of Atlantis family
Bonus for 1+ Heroes:

• This Hero is counted as part of the Atlantis family if teamed with at least 1 Atlantis hero. Heroes share the following effect when teamed with Atlantis heroes:
    • +5% / +10% / +15% / +20% / +25% defense.

Bonus for 1/2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to give all allies +36% increased attack after this character receives Special Skill damage.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

July 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 994 frin 982.
  • Defense is increased to 811 from 799.
  • Health is increased to 1542 from 1507.
  • 1st charge damage is increased to 300% from 280%.
  • 1st charge ailment duration is reduced to 4 turns from 5 turns.
  • 2nd charge damage is increased to 415% from 400%.
  • 2nd charge ailments duration are reduced to 4 turns from 5 turns.
  • Water damage is decreased to 436 from 560 over 4 turns instead of 5 turns.
  • Passive critical chance is increased to 21% from 16% for 2 tuns instead of 3 turns.
  • Passive damage is increased to 80% from 70%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Untold Tales Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ceto ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ceto.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ceto and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ceto worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ceto on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ceto ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ceto as an opponent?

• Would you give Ceto Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ceto’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ceto and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ceto, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ceto when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ceto, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ceto (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ceto), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ceto (post release)

:question: Is Ceto worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ceto would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ceto’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Attack, Defense and Mana Generation Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Over time with consumed self healing)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ceto compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ceto’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Ceto’s Base Stats?

Note this means Ceto’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ceto worth giving Barbarian Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ceto is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ceto is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ceto worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ceto then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

3 Likes

Not sure if the lovechild of Anne, jove and klaern is good or not. Also she looks like she belongs to the nightmare of Atlantis family, surprised to see her as the defenders

7 Likes

Looks like they buffed her damage slightly but reduced her water damage. I’m also unsure whether she’s good or not, will wait to see what the polls and comments suggest :thinking:

Comparing her first (fast) special with Tethys, I feel like Tethys is superior as they do the same amount of damage overall (900%), but Tethys does water damage and buffs attack where as Ceto does a conditional debuff to all enemies instead.

Tethys:

• Deals 300% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive 390 Water damage over 3 turns.
  • All allies that are not of Ice element get +30% attack of 3 turns.
  • All Ice allies get +60% attack for 3 turns.

Ceto:

• Deals 300% damage to the target and minor damage to all other enemies.
5 Likes

The hero card is updated with all changes.

Polls are enabled now.

4 Likes

She is good but not in same division as Anne in my opinion. In the positive side; that she will get health from her water damage.

Over time and without mana support, she charge with 9 while in same situation Anne charge for 8. Also Anne has a better class.

My opinion by reading the card. Maybe the reality is different when I fight her in e.g. raid. Anne is a nightmare to meet by experience.
Let’s hope we will see some reviews soon.

Now it is time to hunt her :wink:

Happy gaming

5 Likes

Maybe Ceto is better when enemies have less than 50% health (given Anne would only hit 1 :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

Tbh these days I just skim the cards as they have become somewhat complicated and I don’t have the patience to analyze every special anymore…what attracted me to this girl was the mana reduction (first thought Alasie) not so attractive but like her art details… 50 pulls will saved/ws tokens and 24 gem pulls later I got her plus galapagos & the new 3*
I will take her to 3/70, play around with her and then decide what place she has in my roster.
Good luck everyone!

9 Likes

Cannot believe this :poop:

Lol I was literally taking this week off from spending, as I went full budget last week and walked away disappointed (not to mention the Solstice fumble that I went hard at.:sweat_smile:)… but with $2 in my budget bank, this happened:

:sunglasses:

I don’t have Anne, so hell yeah, I’m happy! She’s clearly not gonna be as great - even if Anne eventually gets nerfed like we saw in beta - but even being one step down from her still means she’ll be amazing as hell. & Since most Tales heroes are kinda lame - esp the other two featured - I feel extra blessed right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Did you end up spending the other $1 on another pull or did you stop there? :crazy_face:

@L33tVortex12596 congrats on pulling Ceto too, if she’s next for ascension be sure to share your experiences with her once she’s levelled up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats :partying_face:
You mean 24k gems I suppose :wink:
Cost me similar to your effort and now she is at 4.80, she works very well together with Odette!

Happy gaming

4 Likes

@RandaPanduh
Congratulations! Awesome pull…I think she will be fun to play with! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I think she means 24 pulls using gems, unless you were being sarcastic and I couldn’t tell :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol I did :sweat_smile: Got a bit cocky. After the initial shock wore off, I bought that last offer and got…

Boldtusk

:woman_facepalming:

Lol idk if it was a mistake, or my powers of manifestation need to recharged, but he was supposed to be Oceanus :sweat_smile:

darn powers on the fritz :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@L33tVortex12596 same to you; so so very happy for you :blush: (& @A-Sweden). Can’t wait to hear ya’lls thoughts, once you’re able to give her a chance :grin:

5 Likes

@A-Sweden I meant this ^ 2 10 pulls and what I thought was 4 single pulls but in reality turned out to be 3

Summary

@RandaPanduh …Oceanus …wow now that would have been a dream come true! He’s quite an elusive guy! :wink:

2 Likes

why with odette? besides being from the same elemental colour

1 Like

There are probably even better to pair with?

Odette delete friendly positive effects, hence any allies focused on status effects on enemies pair well with her.

I also tried 3-2 where also Phantom was in the team, but he will write over Cetos effect.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Shes clearly better than the rest of that untold bunch thats already released - except phorcys whos better than all of them combined

But cant help myself she feels like a budget anne/jove…
Could have bumped that initial damage to 380 %+ and she still would have been balanced compared to anne/jove

4 Likes

Exactly my thought as well. Jove/Anne are so far beyond her even with her 2nd slower charge.

I really feel like they should have given her the 2nd charge first without the water damage, and keep her 2nd charge unchanged. This way she is hitting one for 415% and the rest for 207.5% for both charges.

4 Likes

Dont know why panther costume does 280 to all while cetos damage gets reduced to minor

She has those incredible att stats on her side right now which makes her damage higher than you might expect at first thought - plus those nice little passives
I expect that second charge to be almost on par with joves damage (if those passives kick in)
But second charge is sooo slow

With SGs new found love for increasing power stats every week for 20 points that att stat might be outdated in another 4 weeks lol
Her class also does suck - they could have given her a cool class like anne or dodge or resist at least
So she looks like a poor mans ann/ve now
Some small tweaks could make her really cool easily

Dont know whats up with that untold portal - right now looks like a test portal for minor versions of soon to be released stronger heroes and some more outcasts :sweat_smile:

Except phorcys whos a better hero than all of the other untolds combined together

1 Like