📯 Bera – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Releasing: Bera!

Bera

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Monk
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Vanaheim
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dísir of Dusk
  • Summons a Moth Minion for each ally. Moth Minion inherits 20% attack and 20% HP from the caster.
  • Each hit from the Moth Minion gives the target the following status ailments:
  • The target receives 180 Poison damage over 3 turns.
  • The target can’t receive new Minions for 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Bera from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Bera?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Bera.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Bera and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Bera worth summoning for?

• Would you use Bera on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Bera?

• What heroes would you take when facing Bera as an opponent?

• Would you give Bera Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Bera’s special?

• What do you think of Bera’s character design?

• If you Summoned Bera and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Bera, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Bera when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Bera, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Bera (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Bera), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Bera.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Bera by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Bera by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Bera.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Bera by the 2073rd pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $5,805.92 USD to summon 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Bera.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Bera (post release)

:question: Is Bera worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Bera would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Bera’s Primary Purpose is?

• Pseudo Healer (meat-shield)
  • Minion Inhibitor
  • Damage over Time (from moths)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Bera compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Bera’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Bera worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Bera is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Bera is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

I would really, really love to get Bera… she would be a great addition to my roster. May the odds be in my favor. :joy:
PS: @Guvnor not sure if that’s intended, but it’s saying Lady Loki in here.

3 Likes

There a lot of new nice S3 heroes coming out lately. Bera is definitely one of them. However, I think A LOT of people will wait with big pulls until Gefjon comes out. At least I will save my puny coins until then. Sadly, I do not have that many :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Dark ? what i can see player chasing red and green 5 star heroes…

Now, lets compare Noor with Bera :rofl::rofl::rofl:

22 Likes

3 Likes

Not only a 5* kvasir but also vanaheim family, one of the most annoying families of the 9 realms to fight against. She’s really good.

5 Likes

I see a nice pairing of Bera with Clarissa and Sartana.

Not really much. Their poison damages are overwriting each other

3 Likes

I personally think that Bera is going to be the best Counter to Telluria.

Fast mana speed, sturdy meat shields & inhibits new minions on the enemies struck (won’t affect Vela thanks to her resistance but will be able to block the other 4 members of a Telluria-Vela team.

7 Likes

Dark/Purple Noor as she should have been.

5 Likes

Here is my analysis on her.

Pros-
5* kvasir- already quite unique as a three star. Bera is kvasir on steroids
Fast Constant poison and anti minions- the moths especially at the wings may keep inflicting those status
Vanaheim family, one of the best family skill. Because of this, she is quite viable as tank role. Playing against Guin, you should know now annoying any form of mana cut is
The Bane of any summoner enemy- very interesting status condition to block minions
Good with Freya- both summoners and also vanaheim family

Cons-
Hard countered by lady loki- she could easily throw back all the status ailments and use those against her.
Hard countered by grimble because she summons minions quickly, grimble could easily destroy all those minions summoned to get that huge mana boost for his team
Weak poison- 180 poison over 3 turns means just 60 poison damage per turn. Healers like Rigard could easily heal back the damage
Still depends on luck- depends of where the minions attack to apply the status effects

5 Likes

Completely torn here. On the one hand I really want Bera, however purple is my strongest currently and I just got Seshat from ToL with only 6 free tabards. However I need blue depth and like Lord Loki and the HOTM next month. I also have enough scopes I can ascend my Richard and have enough left .

All my stored Valhalla tokens were to wait for that. Now just no idea what to do. Bera looks so good for the current meta.

1 Like

Not to mention next month is Gefjon comming.

1 Like

Apart from the ‘prevent minion’ piece, which is great, and the little bit of poison, which is okay I guess, this almost seems like a weaker Freya. Anyone thinking the same?

/haven’t played with the hero, but since we start discussions before having a chance to do so, I’ll join in!

Why is her design is completely the same with dusk sprite?

1 Like

I feel like Tinkerbell has the same design.

Would love to see her in action in a 3/2 with Freya. May someone link me on a video pls?