📯 Bera – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

She deals more DoT then Vela but trades the initial damage and attack down for a minor Heal.

So she pretty much fills a similar role. She is great at preventing Tellu-Minions, soften every opponent (not Vela) for your snipers while adding a solid damage reduction. She also is very versatile cause she doesn’t need any further support to do her job. Therefore she is valuable for a variety of rosters.

3 Likes

Yeah, was salmon loki before in beta, they announced it awhile back but I’m still not over it. I wanted that fish

8 Likes

Same here, I’d like to see a Bera/Freya combo… Curious to learn the attack boost to Bera’s Moth minions from Freya’s Raven minions – does the Moth poison DoT increase when Freya summons her Raven minions?

Freyas attack boost does not effect the poison damage

2 Likes

Bera and Freya are both vanaheim, so their mana cut is more potent together

1 Like

Ughh i want Bera so bad!!! As someone who is absolutely obsessed with Kvasir, if you think this hero is meh then you are completely wrong because a 5* Kvasir is everything this world needed and more.

5 Likes

I was under the impression that Gefjon will be released in December…

While I agree with most of your points, I just want to point out that most people will probably be using Bera offensively. I don’t find her as a great defense hero. Therefore, the point regarding Lady Loki and Grimble countering isn’t that big of a factor since most people don’t use either of those heroes on defense. The poison is weak however and doesn’t pair well with other purple poison heroes like Proteus, C.Cat, Clarissa, etc.

I just pulled her and will probably test her with my 3/70 Freya once I get to leveling her.

1 Like

Messing around with her and freya , her poison stayed at 33 per turn regardless of freyas attack buff

2 Likes

Now hold on just a frikkin second. How can this character exist at the same time as Noor? She is a billion times better than Noor, and basically Noor’s concept done right. Noor better get a BIG buff in the near future cuz this is beyond insulting to the poor girl.

11 Likes

Because they have only one thing in common. Both are minion makers. Noor is more focused on resistant minions(huge hp, helping to team survavility and minion removal)

Her minions give 5% more HP then Bera’s. That’s not “huge.” It’s like 60 more HP for someone with 1300 HP.

Okay, her sparrows do remove minions. Does that justify her slow speed? When her special does nothing else? I don’t think so.

This hero further highlights the problem with balancing this game has been having lately.

6 Likes

I dont think that Bera will be so proliferant as Noor or a HOTM to SG to worry about nerfing her or about a balance problem. I think that SG after telluria mess decided to stop doing extremely powerful HOTM and instead we have usables ones, though not at Bera lvl or S3 5☆ levels. That doesnt mean that noor is useless. Though she being average or adding a heal dot % doesnt hurt to anyone. Good gaming!

2 Likes

she can work as tank. I faced a kvasir tank on a tourney before and he single handedly destroyed my entire team. But because this is 5* territory, there are many tools to play against bera. I think she’s quite powerful. And it’s only because her moths are 20% health. And 20% for fast speed is too OP imo

Her anti minions and poison are tbh second at best. She’s all about the meatshielding. 20% health for fast speed is crazy

1 Like

I can see Bera as a tank for no-yellow Bloody battle or something. She’s not really that tanky in terms of stats with 749 def and 1369 hp. Kvasir has really high HP for a 3*, especially when emblemed. Unfortunately I wont have monk emblems to give to Bera as mine are going all to Drake. I would probably also emblem Joon before Bera.

I will probably be using her mostly offensively with Freya for fast speed meatshielding. Not sure who else I will put on the team b/c I usually have Clarissa and Proteus on my purple team but I don’t want to overlap the poison.

Yeah, it’s bloody battles. Maybe tank isn’t that good. I’m probably the only idiot here who voted her as tank lol
You can still use Proteus, his main gist is the mana block after all. But no to Clarissa. Her main selling point is very fast poison damage so it conflicts.

I hate that they make bera have the best of both worlds. It should have been a balance of quality and quantity. Noor (quality) being the slow one but produces high quality minions while bera (quantity) is fast but has cheap minions that die fast. Now Bera has quality and quantity at the same time. If they buff Noor, I can accept the slow speed, but her sparrows needs to be of 30-35% range for both stats

3 Likes

I think Bera is OP simply because she is fast mana and the types of minions she generates. Time will ultimately tell but I think she should’ve been average and generate only for herself and nearby allies. I can see a Freya/Bera stack being somewhat like Telly/Vela before their nerfs.

Put each on flanks with a tank of your choice and you will be luck to get minions again and be poisoned constantly. Let the embleming of Grimble, Caption of Diamonds and Frog Dude whose name I can’t be bothered to look up right now begin.

2 Likes

It would be nice if Bera’s poison was stackable with similar effects like Tyr’s bleed is.

Which is why salmon Loki is so much better then bera. Salmon deals water damage so its stackable with poison

5 Likes