📯 Bjorn – New Season 3 Hero – 3* Dark/Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Bjorn!

:bar_chart: Stats

Bjorn

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Monk
A
Average
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55
+1 Costume
3/60
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Midgard
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dual Slash
  • Deals 200% damage to the target.
  • Deals 350% damage to a random different enemy. Deals extra damage if the target is Holy.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Bjorn from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Bjorn?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Bjorn.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Bjorn and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Bjorn worth summoning for?

• Would you use Bjorn on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Bjorn?

• What heroes would you take when facing Bjorn as an opponent?

• Would you give Bjorn Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Bjorn’s special?

• What do you think of Bjorn’s character design?

• If you Summoned Bjorn and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Bjorn and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Bjorn when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Bjorn, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Bjorn (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Bjorn), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Rare Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 41% chance of summoning Bjorn.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 65 times out of 100, you’ll get Bjorn by pull 20
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Bjorn by pull 57
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Bjorn by pull 87

Putting that in Perspective

• 35 out of every 100 people won’t get Bjorn by the 20th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 20 times, 350,000 of those players wouldn’t get Bjorn

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Bjorn by the 57th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 57 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Bjorn

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Bjorn (post release)

Is Bjorn worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

What do you think of Bjorn compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Bjorn’s Special Skill match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

What do you think Bjorn’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Secondary Damage Dealer (Finisher)

0 voters

Is Bjorn worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

Where do you think Bjorn is best used (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Bjorn will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

I think its mandatory for me to level up him.
What do you consider bjorn being good for tournaments and events?

I have maxed 1 Baltazar and 1 Tyrum with costume.

Eventually i will max bjorn and chochin, i have both of them.

What happens if there’s only 1 enemy?

3 Likes

Then he hits the single target twice.

8 Likes

Good for both from what I played in Beta. Good on offense, good on tournament defenses, and will be amazing for Teltoc Rare.

I think he’s the best purple 3* hero. His damage is through the roof high considering his rarity. Planning myself to keep duplicates of him for Teltoc

12 Likes

There is lack of good Purple 3* (I mean, from S1 there is Baltazar, Tyrum with costume and … Baltazar still, S2 has Chochin and Gill-Ra, who are okay but nothing special, and the same can be said about Guardian Bat), so this guy is surely welcome in my team.

3 Likes

Did one pull on my vc2p alt, got Ragnar… uhh sorry Bjorn. Did one early pull on my main, got Bjorn. Thankfully no major can’t-wait purple projects on main so he’s getting levelled right away. Tho I wouldn’t be upset if Freya waltzed through the portal when I do my 10x (2 JFs so must somehow wait for March argh!)

But he does look good. Took him for a spin in 8-7, and am looking forward to Teltoc.

1 Like

does the extra damage versus holy enemies kick in on the second random target, or the primary chosen target, or both?

1 Like

I would say both. The way it is written it looks like only the second hit is affected.

1 Like

I see Bjorn both as a primary and secondary damage hero.

Quite often you want to hit a very low life target first to kill it with the first attack and then get assured that the second attack with higher damage hits a target with more life points.
I also like that he hits a target twice (like Jabberwooky) when there is only a single target left.
He will make it to my purple rare event team - for sure. Also will work together with Gunnar costumed. He will be the first Valhalla 3 * to get leveled…though my purple queue is always longest. :joy:

4 Likes

One nearly done.
Second ready to go immediately after.

An A grade 3* for sure!

3 Likes

Not that important to me right now. He slowly gets only my purple feeders. Might be worth having a second one…may be next month. Also got 2 Gato’s fully leveled. Doing just great in events & tourneys.

1 Like

He’s getting my purple feeders only… I didn’t have an urgent purple project ongoing really before this anyway and I’m probably going to do two of these before going back to side projects.

(Was working slowly on Kunch, but don’t have the mats to max him straight away anyway, plus Panther will get tabs before him so he can wait - besides, I don’t particularly want to strip emblems from elsewhere for him and BK is my main tank)

I got two of him. I think i can feed chochin to one of them right ?i have Baltazar and tyrum maxed.
Once i max those two bjorns they would join the crew

@BubblesUK

I’d keep Chochin too TBH.

1 Like

Keep Chochin for his mana reg delay and his sturdiness. Useful for tourneys. Not for his attack. Chochin is no killer. That’s simply not his purpose.

1 Like

He hits the target twice for a total of 550% damage.

3 Likes

Got three 3* Valhalla’s; of them, Bjorn was the one totally worth leveling. Sturdy enough, hits hard and the two hits do some pretty solid damage even without emblems.

He’s going to be great in tourneys and rare challenges (3* rush attack he’ll shine).

1 Like

I’ve only summoned in Valhalla once (decided to save my Valhalla coins), and got Bjorn. Happily leveling him up now, special still stuck at 5/8 but we will fix that soon enough.

I’m eagerly looking forward to using him in my Purple 3* mono stack. He’ll be a great finisher after Gill-Ra and Balthazar and Chochin fire.

1 Like