📯 Costumed Alfrike – Season 3 Costume – 5* Dark/Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Alfrike

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Alfrike, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Alfrike.

Costumed Alfrike

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
VS
Very Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Svartalfheim
Image Aether Power Description
ailment-immunity Ailment Immunity At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new status ailments for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Cavalier Hat of Dark Realm
  • Deals 240% damage to hit targets.
  • Casts 5 Dark Cubes to random enemies.
  • Dark Cube reduces max health from the target by 184. This effect is stronger against targets with boosted health. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health. Any boosted health is reduced by an additional 184.
  • Enemies hit automatically casts Mindless Attack on a random ally when mana is full during 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is increased to 651 from 639.
  • Defense is increased to 969 from 951,
  • Health is increased to 1607 from 1563.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 5 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Alfrike ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Alfrike.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Alfrike and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Alfrike worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Alfrike on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Alfrike ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Alfrike as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Alfrike Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Alfrike’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Alfrike and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Alfrike, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Alfrike when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Alfrike, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Alfrike (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Alfrike), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Alfrike (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Alfrike worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Alfrike would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Alfrike’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Max Health Reduced
  • Mindless Attack Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Alfrike compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Alfrike’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Alfrike’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Alfrike’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Alfrike is better ?

• Normal Alfrike
  • Costumed Alfrike

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Alfrike worth giving Wizard Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Alfrike is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Alfrike is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Alfrike worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Alfrike then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

3 Likes

Another buff disguised as a costume. Just throw 10 cubes, how hard is it to change the coding?

Alfrike always looked like a badass villain IMHO. This costume’s art seems so demeaning. :laughing:

6 Likes

She got fashion sense from Elizabeth

5 Likes

Damn is that costume ugly. For that reason alone I’d stick with base, Status Immunity or no.

6 Likes

Costume looks like a pimp get-up

4 Likes

It’s a lazy costume. I’m not going to summon this time

1 Like

Hey all. Its been a while lol.
Still playing, but just. I see this big bad beast has just been given a costume!!! Wow, yay, woopeee!
:man_facepalming:
Ive actually come back to say - Where the hell is the Big Bad Wolfs Costume?? :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::thinking::thinking:
Come on! Give the old boy some love :heart:. Enough love that he over powers all these new heros that most of us dont have!? :rofl:
How about still keep him very slow but deals 500% to all. Game over :boom:, silly idea i know, but buffing Freaky with a costume is also silly!
Chur :blush:

1 Like

The costume has arrived without any change on the Special Skill.
Polls are now enabled.

2 Likes

She looks like a rich madam. Her class is good for her role, But such a lazy costume as rest of them in the portal except Sif. This portal has been off my list for a long time and will continue to be ignored.

1 Like

And it sticks out like a sore thumb :roll_eyes:
Maybe she should be in S4 portal, not S3…

1 Like

Powerfull and now very sturdy lady! Her special should be about dark hats instead of dark cudes. Whoever gets a hat from her… bad times ahead!

Someone care to enlighten me what’s new? As a avid Alfrike user I’ve no ■■■■■■■ clue what they changed (beside maybe some numbers, but for that I would have to compare them line for line) but the overall skill is identical.

1 Like

The image is new.
And I think, that future secondary costume will be with butterfly wings, like C2 Kadilen…

1 Like

Costume looks like she has an appointment with Queen Anne…

New makeover, higher stats and a better class. Same skill

3 Likes

This costume is quite tanky though. She gets around an additional 147 defence with paladin class.

2 Likes

Her 2LB ability blocks status effects… so along with being tankier, she can’t be stopped from firing in rush using ailments. Wow…

3 Likes

I would counter and say: She just got better in at least 3 different ways!

Better stats: Tons of def, so she´s harder to kill
Better class: Again harder to kill
And most of all: Alpha power ailment immunity means that about half the counters against her become useless!
Even the lower attack stat has been compensated for by higher base damage. So she doesn´t even loose damage. The only marginal cost to all those buffs is a lowered max HP reduction (and really who cares???)

4 Likes