šŸ… [Aug 11, 2019] 17th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/Purple

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, this will be the only thread for anything related to this Tournament.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-08-11T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-08-12T08:00:00Z
2019-08-17T08:00:00Z

=> Click here for Log of Past Tournaments

:no_pedestrians: This Weekā€™s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :sun_with_face:
No Dark/Purple
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this weekā€™s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Teamā€™s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments ā€“ Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit worried about this one. No Purples - some of my best 4*s are Sabina and Proteus. This leaves Sonya as my only dispeller, and Li Xiu and Chao as mana controllers.

Li will be my defense tank. Chao, Kiril, Gormek and Sonya will be my team. Sonya because I need a dispeller. Was thinking Skittleskull too though, would benefit from rush attackā€¦ but who do I leave out?

wish I had gotten Boldtusk earlier. Am power leveling him now but probably wonā€™t be maxed in time to join my defense

2 Likes

Why do you need a dispelled on your defense? I donā€™t expect the AI to dispel at a useful time.

2 Likes

Ok so choices

Or

Or

Basically a choice between mono-yellow, 4 yellows and healer (also have bt+19, and Mel+19), and 4 yellows and my 1 slow 4* hits all.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Itā€™s Rush Attack. Slow does not exist.

1 Like

This is what Iā€™m going with:

My LiXiu hasnā€™t even gotten started yet, so I couldnā€™t form much of a defensive core. It looks pretty devastating, but Iā€™m not sure how itā€™ll do with low/no emblems on the right flank. Weā€™ll see I guess.

This does make me more excited to work on my benched Colen. Heā€™s behind Scarlett and Queen of Hearts and more healers for wars, so probably never going to see the light of day still, but you know. Someday.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t maxed anyone yet so I donā€™t expect to get too far, Iā€™m think of Mel/Caed/Li/Grimm/BT

1 Like

Yep I get that, itā€™s why I would include him. Because he is balanced for slow mana but will be very fast for the tourney. So yellow squad+ healer or yellow squad+ devastating hit-all. Really leaning away from mono yellow. No fan of wu on defense.

Iā€™m going Kiril, Caed, Li, Gaderius and Colen. All maxed and emblemed. It was tough leaving BT benched but for defense I think Kiril may serve me better? Honestly not expecting much but this is one of the few tourneys I take part in. I think the rush attack changes everything. They should add this to AW, imagine the scary Defenses youā€™d face with everyone very fast??? Jeez, that would make for some crazy alliance wars

3 Likes

You know since dark isnā€™t allowed I wonder how a yellow stack would do on defense? Understanding all other colors are neutral and only do 1x damage?
How fast would Jackal be with Rush attack? Would he just constantly have his special? Team him up with Gretel, Chao and Li Xiu for some serious mana control? Toss in Hu Tao or Tony Danzaburo? Hmmmmm

1 Like

lol, thatā€™s almost my team!
Caed- Kiril - Li- Buddy - Colen

Call me crazy, I also decided to go double green instead of double yellow.

I think the mana control of gretelā€™s special works better on offense and she doesnā€™t hit hard enough without it, jackalā€™s damage would be more reliable (and more sturdy with emblems*). BUT I want buddy, and a dispel for all those Borils out there (I see you coming!). And buddy where he is might help my win condition survive a little better tucked away in the wing.

But who knows, my defence track record has been hit and miss. :exploding_head:

Edit: more sturdy with emblems since my gretel has none.

2 Likes

I actually just changed it up @Perilin
Kiril, Gade, Li Xiu, Kash, Colen.

I REALLY want Gade and Colen to fire. Plus both Kash and Gade will help protect Li plus Kiril and Colen? How does that sound? Iā€™m also considering switching out Kiril for Grimm since I have 2 semi healers? Any suggestions

You were right about Gretel, way too Squishy. I was just thinking with Jackalā€™s d down against holy and a bunch of holy hitters it would be interesting. Maybe next time when I have Gretel emblemed up a bit.

1 Like

Going to try rolling with this team:

With this lineup, assuming tiles splash middle-flank-edge, these heroes should fire in this order at least once:

• Li Xiu does unbuffed damage and cuts enemy mana
  • Boldtusk heals and applies +48% buff
  • Danzaburo fires with +48% buffed damage (if Swords, OUCH!); or else he buffs DEF & MANA (nice!); or maybe heā€™ll freeze /shrug
  • Grimm fires with +48% dmg buff, adds -34% def to 2-3 enemies
  • Colen fires with +48% buffed damage, against some -def enemies (ouch!)

EDIT: I updated the aboveā€¦ I first had Kiril in there, but wasnā€™t thinking about how he would overwrite Danzaburoā€™s better DEF buff, and Boldtuskā€™s better DMG buffā€¦ was just thinking heals & def.

The only other 4* maxed yellows I have are two Guardian Jackals, but I donā€™t think theyā€™re very good for this because theyā€™re already Very Fast, and balanced with that in mind, so I feel that taking Average or Slow heroes magnifies their effect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Frankly I do not want to run into something like this lol:

This is my wifeā€™s tournament defense team. Li Xiu is a very annoying tank, under very fast speed though sheā€™s brutal. And Little John support makes that 20% mana cut super gross to deal with.

5 Likes

I like having a dispeller on my defense as security, but have indeed been thinking that Skittleskullā€™s AOE would be more useful than Sonyaā€™s sniping. and the attack debuff is useful too.

2 Likes

I just realized too that there is no cleanser in this tournament because Rigard and Gill-Ra are not allowed to participate lolā€¦

Colen, Little John and Hu Tao are going to have a good time in this tournament.

To digress a bit, why are there only two cleansers in lower rarities (one in each 3* and 4*), and why are they both purple? Lol

3 Likes

Because nothing says ā€œcleansingā€ like evil/darkness. :wink:

5 Likes

I havenā€™t decided on a team yet, but this was my first draft:

Iā€™m probably going to end up changing it. Thinking about Grimm in place of Wu perhaps.

3 Likes

I could do something like this as an alternative:

This would lean into the No-Purple aspect more, but I think having Colenā€™s more reliable and heavy damage at Very Fast speed is probably more beneficial than having the Jackals applying -HolyDef to a couple enemies (likely) with only Li Xiuā€™s weak-ish damage and Danzaburoā€™s heavy-but-unreliable damage being the finishers. I also donā€™t have a lot of great troop support, as you can see, if I put too many yellow up.

2 Likes