Viscaro – 5* Dark / Purple - January 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for January 2022: Viscaro

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Viscaro, as well as your thoughts on him.

Viscaro

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Druid
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 788 872 1507
4/90 901 998 1724
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2022
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: When an enemy summons any minions by Special Skill, the hero summon a Cursed Sapling Fiend to that enemy.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: This Hero has innate resistance against incoming negative effects and damage from minions .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Cursed Garden
  • Deals 250% damage to all enemies
  • Damage bypasses target’s minions.
  • Summons a Cursed Sapling Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 70% every turn.
  • The Cursed Sapling Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 55% of its owner’s max health.
  • Attacks from Cursed Sapling Fiend deal extra damage if the target has minions.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +10% attack for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jan 2024

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2022 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Viscaro from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the January 2022 HOTM -- Viscaro

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Viscaro ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Viscaro.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Viscaro and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Viscaro worth summoning for?

• Would you use Viscaro on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Viscaro ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Viscaro as an opponent?

• Would you give Viscaro Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Viscaro’s character design?

• If you Summoned Viscaro and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Viscaro, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Viscaro when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Viscaro, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Viscaro (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Viscaro), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Viscaro (post release)

:question: Is Viscaro worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Viscaro would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Viscaro’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Fiend Summoner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Viscaro compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Viscaro’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Viscaro’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Viscaro worth giving Druid Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Viscaro is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Viscaro is best used?

Choose up to 3 options

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is Viscaro worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

I was lukewarm on Viscaro at first, but his passive looks even stronger on reflection. No charge-up needed, just a full weight fiend for a M.Summoner for using their Special. I put my thoughts here. Thanks.

20 Likes

So Mr Pengi has been in speed-works for his bada** destructive fishy barrage
&
Now Viscaro with his Fiends arrives next month…

Most players are waiting to have their own Fiend toy & HoTM aspect will ensure a higher Viscaro card in play….
So,
Looks like Pengi will have to sit in the waiting line & allow Esme get the scopes…:man_shrugging:t2::laughing::grinning:

5 Likes

Just like MN costume. After release MN costume, they will release Kravekrush - anti reviving hero

2 Likes

Who is better, Senan or him?

2 Likes

This will be very good against Mother North/LoTL/Krampus defenses on vfast wars. You’ll be able to get rid of minions that would lower your mana for free with his passive.

While there has been a decrease with Bera/Freya tanks he will still have some applications.

4 Likes

Did a New Years Summon and managed to pull him. Have Senan +20 already so wondering if this guy will get past 3:70. Looks interesting. Especially that passive summon.

1 Like

Thankfully, pulled him in first underwild 10x ….

Clearly, he will be levelled by many for his high HP absorbing Fiends & minion killing which is rampant…

• Wars (minions & rush = 50% wars)
  • Raids
    &
    He also has direct damage to all.

From my experience, fiends & minions are a lot out there
&
2021 HoTM FB just activated with its critical %… & many of these fellows also give minions :laughing::rofl:

We r going to see Viscaro a lot….

11 Likes

Besides his skills, I really love his artwork! Great job however made this :ok_hand: hopefully i can pull him somewhere this month.

7 Likes

I am glad this hero left beta as is. He’s far from the best fiend summoners - biggest downside is lack of any secondary effect from active fiend as extra damage to minion still requires few turns to get rid of a minion. But with direct damage that bypasses minions he may be useful to cleanup some problematic cases where low level hp hero is hiding behind multiple minions. That gives him a niche. The damage is still pretty low for a slow hero.

But in my opinion, biggest selling point of Viscaro is the passive fiend summon for minion summoners. Without even a single mana point he may hinder summoner with significant heal block and some damage. Which I think makes him an interesting option to take when facing minion heavy defense.

I am pretty sure antifiend heroes will keep coming so as for defensive use, outiside of some tournament conditions, he’s a bit late and too slow. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see him occassionally.

I think it’s a decent and interesting HotM to start the year.

16 Likes

I hope i will be able to pull him, i need a purple to work on, he looks interesting. Btw am i the only one who thinks he looks like Hector or Cassius from Borderlands 2’s Fight for Sanctuary DLC?

He’ll be useful for bloody battle tournaments. Most people rely on minion summoners there as only available source of “healing”. With Viscaro that becomes largely problematic.

Also, that artwork is great.

7 Likes

Wonder if his passive activates on undead horde (minion summoning) wars, if it does, summon 5 fiends each time undead horde activates, then that’ll be fun

It specifically states that the minion has to be summoned by special skill so the fiend should only be added when an enemy casts and creates a minion which would exclude creation from war minions or talents or passive abilities.

5 Likes

Most likely not. Noor does not summon a sparrow for herself when undead minions are summoned, nor when druid talent triggers. I guess it works similar for Viscaro.

1 Like

Can someone clarify that with his passive the fiend will only be applied to the hero who cast the special and not every hero who gets a minion?

If true that it only applies to the hero who casted the Minion special, it’s another unnecessary hit to this hero’s value.

Its correct concept, otherwise he would be the only hero you ever need to any problem concerning minions…

5 Likes

Yes, only the summoner gets it.

3 Likes