Time to retire my TC20? What to use instead?

Good thing I stumbled upon this thread. My HA10 gave me earlier the last S1 legendary I didn’t have: Elena. Now, I am thinking of retiring my TC20 to something useful. Problem is, I have over 230+ days worth of food and recruits there. I don’t want placing TC11 to unrealistic amount of queues of thousands days of worth of training.

3 Likes

If your base is maxed, then I would suggest to use the higher AL levels for food storage. For example, I am currently running 7B, 8B and 9A. Together they produce about 210 shards/day, or 1000 shards every 4.78 days (which is equivalent to around 3000 emblems per year). So not only is that a great way to store ham, but you are also getting lots of emblems (and some 4 star mats) in the process. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I dont see the problem there. Two of my TCs are working at 11, one is 1400+, other 1000+ days queued. Their purpose is feeders and recruits storage, it is quite easy to add or withdraw qeued heroes from them when needed. Out of other two, one is always working at 2, and the other one I switch between TC2 and TC11 depending on amount of bacpacks I have and feeders I need. AL is my food storage.

3 Likes

I haven’t run TC20 in ages. When I’m idling I just set 3 to TC11 as mentioned above and let the bathtub very slowly fill with feeders.

When something needs levelling I’ll drain whatever feeders it has and then flip 2 of the TC11 back to TC2 and fill them with a 5-7 days of feeders and let them fill up.

I did try TC20 as a food store a while back but wasn’t pleased with the cost for a 3* every 2 days. So if I was food storing I’d use Alchemy Lab now for that

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s a matter of perspective. For me, it’s just an inefficient and lazy way of managing food and recruits as I view TC11 as the final dumping ground for unwanted recruits just to get at best a 2* feeder hero for 2 hours. I may be opting for the TC1, TC3 or TC19 functions. They may be food and recruits extensive, but at least I get them fast for my 3 and 4 star hero projects (leveling 10 heroes at the same time feeding on-colored feeders). I have tens of millions worth of food and iron from the bundles I barely use. I don’t think I can wait for 3 years or 1400 days or something queued on training without wasting time and getting immediate tangible results. I don’t have the luxury of that amount of days.

Again, it’s a matter of perspective.

Yep. My problem is, as I am draining my TC20, all my AL functions are at its limit. I have been maintaining my TC20 queued for 300+ days. I’ve gotten it as low as a week’s worth of queue there when I power level some of my troops back then when I have enough feeder troops gathered as rewards from maps and quests.

BTW, what AL functions do you use?

3 Likes

@Ultra I’m not food storing at the minute so just running the low levels AL that purely help me make Mini mana, mana & axes for monthly event running

So these 3

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I just find them very low on food storage since it is limited to only up to 100 transmutation, as well as the alkashards rewards.

I am using AL3A for backpacks, AL6B for not particular reason other than it gives better number of alkashards than its lower level functions, and AL10A which is now down to 12 days after maintaining it queued for 30 days or so for almost a year (though the rewards are great, but I can’t anymore maintain 100 gems per week for its operation as I am juggling this function and the cost of skipping some chests). Other than the backpacks, I am trying to obtain the most shards I can get, this researched AL10A and AL10B, the latter has helped me balance the tome and dblade count.

I see your point there. You might even consider HA3 for those 1 minute 2* guaranteed. They are a bit more expensive, but you can level 3* or 4* heroes in no time if you have enough food and recruits stored (and strong ropes).

1 Like

As you have your S1 5* collection, switch your TC20 to a TC10. It’s the best food bank. Ahead of TC12.

1 Like

I can’t use HA3. Tsk. Wish we could do 3 simultaneous work there, similar to what Alchemy Lab v.2 does. My hero Academy is working on HA6 and HA10 functions, the former for producing 3* troops for 200 exp pts and a great way of storing iron, whereas the latter HA10 is continuously retraining legendaries nonstop since September 22 only to give me my 1st non-S1 legendary from it in Red Hood (my 2nd Grimforest legendary after Snow White) exactly last week and my 1st Elena earlier. Despite the low odds, I will continuously churn dupe legendaries there, hoping to snag Zeline, Zimkitha, Malosi, Hel and Delilah (my desired past HOTMs), Kong (the only hero I am missing from Teltoc), and maybe King Arthur or QoH as my 1st legendary from their respective event portals.

1 Like

Gratz on Red Hood! :slight_smile:
Mine is obviously broken, I was getting nothing but s1 for 6 months, so now I am only training troops :rofl:

1 Like

Depends on your play style

(Endgame training camps? - #8 by Gryphonknight)

1 Like

An alternative is Guaranteed Rare ( RT12 )

But a fun alternative for bored end game users is to use

Extra Low Cost training ( RT11 ) and destroy it

1 Like

Thanks. I will include that in the consideration

1 Like

I’m running 3xTc11 and the last switch between backpacks and swords, although in the last few months I didn’t run out of backpacks.

For food storage I use AL-9b, that’s 64Mio ham if I can fill it with 100 transmutations.
(which I can’t at the moment because I don’t really have any spare ham, troop leveling is expensive)
64Mio ham is around 430 days of Tc20 training. And in reality even a lot more, because if you cancel it you don’t have to use some of the ham for the recruits you get back like you have to do with tc20.

@Cbr : After getting last S1 hero I wanted = Lianna, I stopped my TC20 some 6-7 months back & moved all food into AlchemLab17. This allowed me to use TC20 to make feeders as I wanted in the moment.

Today, I use:
TC11 to store all my recruits & makes 1 & 2* heroes at its pace.
TC14 is used as TC11 with upto 10 days production all the time, so I can change for any other type the moment I want
TC4 is permanently used as TC2 to make 1 & 2* heroes at 30 minutes per hero pace. This supplies the bulk of my levelling feeders.
TC20 is used as TC11 with upto 10 days production all the time, so I can change for any other type the moment I want.

Sometimes, when I am levelling up multiple 3 & early stage 4s… I change TC14 & TC20 into TC1 to use up my swords stock making faster 1 heroes.

All tc11 then store ham in Lab

You can just destroy the recruits ( see above )

Theoretical I could, practically I couldn’t do that. My precious recruits :rofl:

3 Likes

FWIW, I agree with @SamMe’s suggestion of
TC13 > TC20 – if used exclusively for storage

I personally use the Alchemy Lab level meant to exchange 4* materials for other 4* material (dragon bones, nuggets,…) for ham storage, and I’m running:

TC11 X2
TC2 X2 (lots of backpacks from Atlantis)

1 Like