Resume of how Titan loot works – Tiers, Scores, theories

Not that I’m disagreeing with you, but “based on…?”

Who is doing data crunching since v1.6?

I have played enough before and after 1.6 to feel the huge difference.
Rare quests rewards became slightly better, but loot from chests and titans became crap.
For example, this post, titan gives two ascension items, instead of guaranteed (before 1.6) three items.

I’m just wondering if it’s more than “two items vs three”. Pardon my curious nature! :wink:

Nobody knows, how exactly loot system was changed. But loot is much poorer now, it’s a fact.
I am playing since July, and about 80% of my stash I got before 1.6, nuff said.

I’m gonna pray for a number cruncher! I always want to know what changes exactly have taken place! :wink:

1 Like

Just an example:

If we set a probabilities like this:
1 star ascension item in roll 60%
2 star ascension item in roll 30%
3 star ascension item in roll 8%
4 star ascension item in roll 2%

If you are regularly getting 3 rolls then after you kill 100 titans you could have:
180 1 star asscension items
90 2 star ascension items
24 3 star ascension items
6 4 star ascension items

If you are regularly getting 4 rolls then after you kill 100 titans you could have:
240 1 star asscension items
120 2 star ascension items
32 3 star ascension items
8 4 star ascension items

Now, we have 7 different 4 star ascension items.
You got 2% probability you got 8 of them in 100 kills if you geting 4 rolls each time.
You got like 14% chance out of the 2% that each time it would be a different one. That is 0,28%.
And what are the chances of that happening 7 out of 8 times?
I think it is close to killing 500,000 titans to get all 4 star ascension items at 2% I set as an example.
But there is a 100% chance you will cry and complain about that.

Best thing is that you get them all in 2 kills with 4 rolls. Fingers crossed!
Then again, this is just an example. Of course the numbers change drastically if you set a different probability.

1 Like

The best loot I ever got. It is possible :wink:

9 Likes

Jackpot!!!

3 Likes

wanted to know in what levels of titans the 3/4 star spoils may appear ??

Titan level isn’t the only factor, what matters is loot tier. Which is a combination of titan level and performance score. Loot tier is titan level added with score. Every score above C adds a tier. So on a 5* titan C gives loot tier 5, B gives tier 6, A tier 7 and A+ tier 8.

That said I think 3* ascension items start to drop at tier 5 and 4* at tier 8. But not completely sure, I think that has also changed during some occasions so not sure what the current thresholds are. The probabilities grow at higher tiers though.

2 Likes

Xorah, I moved your post to a thread dedicated to titan loot. Arien’s given you a great overview, but there’s more details if you want to go back to the beginning of this thread.

1 Like

I’ve gotten loot tier 8 several times and received only 1 and 2 star items. I feel when I don’t use, an alliance flask i get better stuff. I try to use only to defeat the titan. I will no longer use to get top score.

I think most save alliance flasks for killing a titan as opposed to higher scores

2 Likes

I started playing this game at the end of June. I thought the higher the score the more or better loot you get but this is not the case. Of course I know now to only use to kill a titan. You definitely don’t benefit any other way.

1 Like

Not sure, many of the people who spend flasks in 7dd will do so without it’s being asked for, either for score, or for some other reason (boredom in some cases). Not everyone is an alliance-first player, and there’s an air of “it’s my flask I’ll spend it if I want to”

As of right now with 1.8 it doesn’t matter that much where 7dd is at, with 1.9 and the beta changes (sigh) strategic use of flasks to maintain streaks (if it’s even possible, 50% damage reduction at the high end is a LOT to make up without titan damage requirements similar to Spicy’s which 7dd does not have currently) will probably be much more important.

1 Like

If the community pulls together and agrees that the information from the original post has changed, then I will edit the original post with a dated update. (example- Community Update, entered Nov 25/17, Tier VIII loot gives 2 ascension materials)

This is a great resource, and I’d like to keep it as up to date as possible, and still keep it attached to @Mai in respect to all the work she did on this topic!

Off the top of my head, I think we need to confirm that Loot tier 8 is definitely only 2 ascension mats now, and how the D ranking affects loot score (and what you have to do to get a D ranking).

Please post if you have information, or requests for other information to be checked and added to the original post.

3 Likes

Already done my friend, VIII is definitely 2 as of 1.7 and 1.8.

1 Like

thanks! I’m afraid that thread blended into the background at the time. Appreciate all that submitted info on that thread to figure that out!

And just in case anybody is maybe wondering if anything recently changed for better with loot tier VIII, then it is still a big NOPE :grin: and here below is proof, fresh from today. So it is confirmed that it is just 2 junk ascension materials is what we will continue to get :neutral_face:

1 Like

It was quite interesting to read the debate between @Rook and @Mai in the early stages… and mildly amusing to note how both, while essentially correct in their own contexts, could not actually reach an agreement. I think it’s called “arguing at cross purposes”.

The statistical argument is 100% correct, and makes 100% sense. The problem is that this doesn’t address the perception of ‘fairness’. One expects if you have managed to achieve the Top performance score on the toughest Titan, that you would see definitively better loot for your effort most times than those on the lower loot tiers.

Mai put it very well in the one post in which it’s explained that the 1 A+ guy is comparing their results with the VAST MAJORITY of the alliance who have B and C… and any 1 of those with a better item then leaves the A+ guy feeling bummed. THIS is the issue. You do not want the best performers in your aliiance (regularly achieving A and A+) feeling bummed on a regular basis… even if the comparison they are making is not ‘fair’ in a statistical sense.

I feel something more is needed here than cold untended statistics… leaving things to the RNG gods (with essentially low probabilities of the best outcomes) is just asking for a range of hurt feelings and conspiracy theories. The DEVS need to acknowledge that the best contributions should be directly rewarded. E.g.) A+ or A performance score gets some form of guarantee of a reasonably rare item in addition to their other rolls… so they can at least never face a loot reward screen showing absolutely NADA in return for their effort.

I don’t think this is unreasonable… the challenge is just to find the correct balance. You very obviously can’t reward a 3* or 4* ascension item to the A and/or A+ guys on every single titan kill… but maybe have a pool of these rare items across all the loot categories, and guarantee a random pull from this pool (maybe with weighted odds against the highest/rarest ascension materials).

Or maybe… your A or A+ performance wins you (wait for it) SHARDS of items which can be exchanged for a full item when you have enough of them. Higher Tier rewards equates to more shards. A+ wins more shards than A.

There are so many ways the DEVS can address much of the PERCEIVED unfairness in this game, but I just get the sense that they are sticking their fingers in their ears going “Na na na na it’s the RNG gods live with it na na na na”.

10 Likes