☀ Ptolemy – Season 5 Hero – 4* Nature / Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Ptolemy

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Ptolemy, as well as your thoughts on him.

Ptolemy

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 637 745 1560
4/80 738 864 1809
Origin Family
Season 5 Sun
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
60% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Boosts health of all allies by 10%. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
* Cleanses that latest cleansable status ailment from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Divine Connection
  • Recovers 30% health for all allies.
  • The caster and nearby allies are immune to new status ailments for 3 turns, and recover 175 health for each attempted status ailments.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sun Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -35% accurancy for 2 turns and 142 Burn damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

The exact change in Burn damage: 72 to 142

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Ptolemy from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Ptolemy ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Ptolemy.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Ptolemy and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Ptolemy worth summoning for?

• Would you use Ptolemy on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Ptolemy ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Ptolemy as an opponent?

• Would you give Ptolemy Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Ptolemy’s character design?

• If you Summoned Ptolemy and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Ptolemy, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Ptolemy when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Ptolemy, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Ptolemy (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Ptolemy), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Ptolemy (post release)

:question: Is Ptolemy worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Ptolemy would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Ptolemy’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Ailment Immuniser (with Heal on Ailment)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Ptolemy compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Ptolemy’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Ptolemy worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Ptolemy is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Ptolemy is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Ptolemy worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Ptolemy then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

Strong healer…with stat similarity to Gulli at average!

1 Like

I managed to get him to 18 nodes on shield path. He’ll come in handy for rush war. Those defensive stats are amazing

13 Likes

Just pulled this guy. Along with Kara. On my 2nd Dunes pull nonetheless.
The first was Khonshu… rotfl

feels like I exhausted my luck in this game for next couple of years

6 Likes

just pulled him also, not sure if he any good

He is best setup with nearby Clenser, so that Alfrike Mindless can be cleansed.
Great for Rush War againts Alfrike.
And sun family chance boost HP which is also counter Alfrike :+1:

6 Likes

His passive also gives a chance for cleansing. Really like this one.

6 Likes

just pulled him, he will be my first ailment preventer (well, unless you count Malosi, but Malosi operates differently). looking forward to maxing him

6 Likes

I got him. He seems very underwhelming. Just healing ? My Costume Melendor does much more.

You’re underestimating him. I love C Mel, but he doesn’t give ailment protection. Ptolemy does and he heals the 3 heroes protected every time they would receive ailments. His passive also can boost health and cleanse. I really like this one and I will most likely use him in rush attack wars.

12 Likes

He’s amazing. You won’t be disappointed

3 Likes

Ok here is a thing:

Depending on your own meta you will either need more cleanse or more dispel.

Noteable topheroes that force you to take cleanse with you:
Frigg, Octros, Morel, White Rabbit, C-Alasie, C-Drake Fong, Faline.

Noteable topheroes that force you to take dispel in your team:

Krampus, Freya, BK, Inari, Hanitra, C-Kadi, Odin.

So comparing ptolemy and c-mel is like comparing c-rigard and c-sabina it does not make sense.

5 Likes

I was replying to the poster above me. He was the one who said C Mel was better than Ptolemy since Ptolemy “only heals”. I simply described what he does, cause in my view he has value.

5 Likes

I know and you got a point there just wanted to add that its useless to compare both or say either one is better than the other.

1 Like

Is he worth mats even without emblems?

He only needs 4 shields so absolutely he’s worth it. Well, that depends on what stage of the game you are at, what your roster is, etc. I actually feel Costumed Melendor might be better if you’re raiding around the 1800 cups level.
You can never have too many healers though and if you progress with titans etc. you will soon find an abundance of 3* mats

3 Likes

The OP now contains the June balance updates.

1 Like

Ptolemy has great synergy with Easter bunnies.
Been teaming him with Jack O’Hare lately and it’s wonderful. Not only Ptolemy protects Jack , he also heals him due to the ailment attempt.

24 Likes

Brilliant advice about Easter ailment synergy.

I’m really glad this thread got bumped. I’d forgotten Ptolemy existed and been using the decent but squishy C. Melendor for all green healing needs. Meanwhile this perfectly serviceable s5 epic sits maxed in my roster, waiting for my monk emblem shortage to ease up, or for me to notice him politely waiting. This is a major disadvantage of so many new heroes coming along in a relentless stream. I saw the title and thought “Ptolemy… oh yes, one of the new… wait, I’ve got that one!”.

4 Likes