Hi everyone, first post here so please be a bit patient with me. A bit of background: I started playing about 3 weeks ago, got completely addicted, then made the newbie mistake of getting too enamored by all the shiny legendaries they showcase in the epic summons. Before I realized what I was doing, I dumped $300+ into this game and have exactly ZERO 5* to show for all that.
The small silver lining is I did get some decent 4* heroes, and looking at the ascension mats needed to get even a single 5* to 3/70, I’m thinking maybe it’s a blessing I didn’t get any legendaries, so I can focus on building up a decent 4* team before playing the long game on 5*. (ok I’m just trying to make myself feel better about my terribad luck, anyways).
In terms of progression, currently at SH12, and have 2x TC11 and 1x TC6. Progressed up to 1-15 just so I could unlock Atlantis. Have not done a single Atlantis stage due to WE requirement (waiting for Atlantis rising).
Before I go into any specifics, a few general questions first:
- Can I at least beat the Dark Lord with a maxed 4* team? How about 3/60?
- Assuming I eventually get all the ascension mats required, how far would a maxed 4* team take me? While I do enjoy the PvP aspect, I’m not terribly competitive, and would be content to have a solid footing in the gold league, maybe on the edge of platinum
- If by some miracle my luck changes in the next few months and I get a legendary, would it still be advisable to focus on building a maxed out 4* team before tackling the 5*?
Now for the specifics, so here’s my roster of heroes (that matter) and my defense team:
I know there are some obvious gaps in there, mainly the lack of a purple hitter, and not a single decent yellow (Chao and Li Xiu are very meh), but I’m just trying to work with the deck I got dealt. I pulled Grimm from the elemental summons two days ago, and just pulled Caedmon today, which is why they’re still somewhat underpowered right now. My plan is to replace Valen with Grimm and Berden with Caedmon when they’ve been appropriately leveled. The lack of a usable dispeller has been killing me when it came to facing teams with Boril/Cyprian, as I have no workaround against their perfect riposte. Anyways… I know this is an extremely generic and annoying question, *but how do I make the most of out of this deck that’s been dealt? I’ll try to narrow it down somewhat:
- When (or if) should I level Sonya? She’s essentially the blue version of Caedmon but tankier, and seems like would be better suited in a defense team.
- Same question with Boril. My original plan was to have the Boldtusk-Boril-Rigard trifecta, but then I don’t really have any heavy hitters apart from Scarlett, and she’s very squishy. In fact, I’d say the main thing holding me back in my defense is the lack of decent snipers. Having two healers is one thing, but if I can’t dish out enough damage fast enough, the other team is going to break through my defense eventually.
- Is Kashhrek worth leveling if I already have BT+Rigard? I know he’s a very good tank, but he seems to be somewhat of a one-trick pony.
- What purple hitters would you recommend? “Classical” heroes would get priority at this point simply because they’re much more accessible, and playing slots with the event summon is going to burn another giant hole in my wallet. Although if you guys agree Merlin is worth rolling the dice on, I might throw some more $$$ at it…
- Besides Wu Kong which seems to be a must-get 4* yellow, any other 4* yellows (particularly hitters) worth rolling for? I really would like a Jackal but that’s at least few months out (plus $$$$).
- Can’t decide Chao vs Li Xiu for defense. Li Xiu is average speed but cuts mana for all, whereas Chao is fast but hits one only (and the consensus is the AI is pretty stupid). On that note, who should I level first? I’m leaning towards Chao as he’s more useful in offense, and Li Xiu seems to really be a defense hero only.
- Hero placement? Scarlett is fast but on wing position I’m not sure if she’s durable enough to get at least one special off before she gets plastered.
Any other comments/feedback welcomed! TIA!!!