Neith – New November 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New HOTM RELEASED for November 2019: Neith!

thanks to @rohitshrestha11 for posting a screenshot of Neith’s full artwork

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face: Holy/Yellow Ranger Average
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
735 737 1299

:no_entry_sign: Resists: Mana Generation Stopping – The Hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that Stop Mana Generation.

:dizzy: Special Skill: Sickle of Eradication

• Deals 150% damage to all enemies.
  • Reduces the mana of all enemies by 10%.
  • All enemies get -35% accuracy for 4 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • Element Link gives +4% mana generation for all Holy allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Neith from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Neith?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Neith.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Neith and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Neith worth summoning for?

• Would you use Neith on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Neith Ranger emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Neith’s special?

• What do you think of Neith’s character design?

• If you Summoned Neith and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Neith, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments when posting Summon Results. You are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Neith (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Neith), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Neith’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Neith.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Neith.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Moderator’s Note

As this is a change to this thread format starting this month, please take note that Summon Results should include feedback/commentary:

18 Likes

So her damage and mana cut have been toned down considerably it seems from what I remember. Now she’s kinda… meh. I guess the Kunchen tanks won’t have much to fear now.

4 Likes

She is the kind of hero that I won’t be specifically pulling for but if I get her I won’t be unhappy.

That probably means I will end up pulling her or Grimble :joy:… If at all.

One way to look at it is Average speed blind all and mana cut are very cool and nice to have… and the damage is just a bonus

(Remember even Guin doesn’t damage anyone, we are trading Guin’s healing for blind all pretty much plus damage as bonus)

However her stats may not be tanky enough to be a tank on defence.

She’s kinda good (perhaps above average) but not a huge superstar I think in summary

13 Likes

How many draws is kinda no ones but the drawers business. Wouldnt You think??? Cause I sure DO.

People already often post how many Summons they did whether very lucky or very unlucky. If they want to share that, they’re encouraged to do so.

15 Likes

Who’s ready to get her first? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m gonna try with summon tokens in about 10 minutes! I wonder if she would make a good replacement flank for Drake Fong?

4 Likes

Depends whether you use him for damage or blind. He hits harder but she hits wider. He’s also fast, right?

I’ve got 18 tokens ready to go ;-). I’m always nervous to pull right out the gate in case there’s an issue with their go-live for her lol. I don’t think they give out heroes retroactively for code errors on their part lol

6 Likes

For some reason I have no motivation to pull for her at all.

Will be waiting for everyone’s review here… otherwise I’ll just skip this whole month and focus on Xmas instead.

9 Likes

she is the child of lixiu and hutao with a basic link inherited from the fact that parents have the same color. Since I did not get Drake fong I will try to summon it

2 Likes

18 eht, 2 Valeria and some called „opener of the ways“ :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

24 Likes

@zephyr1 she is released, do I need to post a screen of the final version?
Nothing changed from beta as far as I can see.

11 eht no vampires but neith on 3rd

9 Likes

I have both Joon and Drake maxed… pulling for her seems like a waste, but I want to try my hand at riddles of wonderland for the white rabbit. IDK, I’m torn if I should wait for riddles to come back around or try my hand this time with all the holiday deals. Decisions, decisions.

@Kusanagi87 I’m in the same boat… I feel like her special is at odds with itself. If you blind someone, you want them to fire for a chance to miss, right? So why cut their mana?

7 Likes

Congratz @vanZille… so how do you feel about her? Is she gonna do you good in your team or probably benched at 1/1 for a long time?

1 Like

#ThickThighsSaveLives. I already gave up trying to get her. I’ve gone C2P. I sent a few EHT at the gate but oh well. SG is as greedy as they come. But yes Neith is worth taking to 80. Yellow is the weakest color, she’s a good hero. Every roster will benefit from having one. Good luck to y’all. Just don’t go too crazy. SG doesn’t deserve it.

7 Likes

IDK, that’s super subjective. The deepest rosters will look at her and probably say, meh. If I had a maxed Guin in addition to my Joon and Drake, I’d swerve this HotM for sure.

2 Likes

Well just dropped 18 EHT with no luck. All classic 3/4*

Someone had to take all the fodder so you all could get your lucky pulls lol

6 Likes