🐰 Miss Ethel– 5* Ice / Blue from Springvale

New Springvale Hero is released: Miss Ethel

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Miss Ethel, as well as your thoughts on Miss Ethel.

Miss Ethel

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1087 1030 1958
4/90 1244 1178 2240
Origin Family
Springvale Springvale
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mooing for a Fight
  • Deals 600% damage to the target.
  • If the target had more then 40% health before receiving damage targets another enemy who had over 40% health before receiving any damage from this Special Skill. If none of the other enemies have 40% health targets a random enemy. The damage is reduced on each consecutive hits. Each enemy can only be hit once.
  • The caster gets -15% mana generation for 3 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Springvale Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Miss Ethel from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Round 3 of Springvale Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v65]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Miss Ethel ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Miss Ethel.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Miss Ethel and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Miss Ethel worth summoning for?

• Would you use Miss Ethel on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Miss Ethel ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Miss Ethel as an opponent?

• Would you give Miss Ethel Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Miss Ethel’s character design?

• If you Summoned Miss Ethel and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Miss Ethel, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Miss Ethel when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Miss Ethel, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Miss Ethel (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Miss Ethel), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Miss Ethel (post release)

:question: Is Miss Ethel worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Miss Ethel would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: Miss Ethel’s only Primary Purpose is Dealing Damage.

:question: What do you think of Miss Ethel compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Miss Ethel’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Miss Ethel’s Base Stats?

Note this means Miss Ethel’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Miss Ethel worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Miss Ethel is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Miss Ethel is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Miss Ethel worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Miss Ethel then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Pulled her twice this morning. She seems like Anne with better stats. A better first skill (more dmg and lower hp requirement)

But Anne has a nice 2nd skill and Ethel gets a mana penalty

Still very worth leveling up imho

6 Likes

Same here
kinda hoping for Archie costume since I already have him leveled and LB. Piggy looks cute.
She does seems like a good hero even with the penalty.

A surprisingly strong Seasonal event hero I think. Of course only avg speed, but still, for a seasonal hero, itÂŽs better than expected.

2 Likes

Not too bad. Like with all Springvale heroes, use with an ailment blocker such as Garnet, Emilio, Vanda etc or mana reduction resistant heroes and you’re golden. MIght give her some love if I grab her

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Yawn, problem solved - I no longer care much for Anne, thanks Ethel!

The polls are now enabled for this hero card.

I got her this morning at my 3rd coin pull, and so far I have the same impressions as the ones already shared.
It’s like Anne with lower hp requirements and way higher stats. The mana penalty hurts but it’s not killing the usability of the hero.
Stats are good enough so she can be used both in attack and defense.
And finally, yes, it also takes Anne out of my pool of candidates for soul exchange :slight_smile:

:ice_cube::cow: Popped in

6 Likes

Got this guy aswell, first what comes in my mind was - seriously without SINGLE passive?
Seeing my costume Anubis having 3, is quite a letdown.
Anyway solid hero, even tho got way better thats than Anne, no secondary skill, slower
 not sure if it can be really better. Anyway gonna give him a try a gonna get Anne from SE aswell.

1 Like

I mean, +200 stats is quite big, that already means he’s going to hit harder, comparing the non-emblemed 2LB attack stats this guy should hit around 20% harder (multiplicative, not damage special %), and then add in the +50% more from his special, he technically should hit for 720% compared to Anne’s 550% if we dropped him down to her stats to compare, that paired with a 10% lower HP threshold for needing the follow-up attacks actually makes a decent difference.

I anticipate this guy to hit hard.

Underwhelmed with this hero as well. Better stats than Anne but worse special in comparison with Ethels average speed vs Annes fast speed. Not a desirable portal to use s lot of tokens in.

1 Like

I disagree, don’t bash this one until you try it - the healer is crap though, yeah.

He hits harder than Anne, and let’s be honest - that was the main point of her, the follow-up ailments she added were nice but I never saw them as part of the reason I wanted her.

The average speed is kinda meh but also passable because he hits harder, there definitely could have been something else added to him though, a nice little bonus or something - or a passive.

Tbh, what they need to do is rid of this stupid debuff for all Springvale heroes and give them a passive as well.

5 Likes

I hope you are right and she turns out amazing! I agree totally with removing the debuffs from Springvale heroes as it does make them less desired and they are no longer some of the strongest released. I guess I find strict damage dealers lacking lately due to the overall stat increases of heroes. I used to use Master Lepus costume on the regular, and before his recent buff, increasing stats of newer heroes had made him way less effective than when he was released. My thinking is the same will happen to her.

4 Likes

That’s a fair assessment - they definitely could have done more with this hero, however, I am not disappointed with it.

1 Like

In fairness i would want her over the other 2 featured

3 Likes

Time of those silly ailments on Springvale heroes is long over when stats and specials of new heroes went thru the RooF

@Petri : :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: this doesn’t make any sense in today’s times
.seeing hero designs and their impact
Since,
Especially the last 12 months

I am sure you are reading all the posts
. Wanted this comment mentioned
 to say Hi :wave: !

4 Likes

Also Anne is fast. But when you care more about damage than debuffs (Anne’s debuff triggers only when enemy fires special and for example in tower you don’t want that) than the cow seems OK option. Still don’t like that mana debuff, though the first special fired is one the counts the most. Also, the chaining requirement is 10% lower, which helps a bit.

14 Likes