šŸ» [MASTER] Tavern of Legends - FAQs, Team Discussion, Portal Stats & Summons!

I despise this portal. 4 years of playing, zero 5* heroes. Very early on I probably bought a few cheap offers. But otherwise I am VC2P or C2P.

itā€™s been my luckiest portal in terms of legendary pulled per coin spent (only free pulls, never gems). Problem is that the legendaries pulled were between the useless and the ā€œiā€™ll max it when the world endsā€: a dupe Miki thatā€™s used once in a lifetime on the mythic titan, a Kara that popped up way too late after Ludwig and Krampus, of course the useless vanillas. Never a champion or a costumed one.

2 Likes

canā€™t decide use them or hold them thenā€¦ itā€™s coming backā€¦ better then ever should hold them then?

2 Likes

I would personally use them, it may not come back for a year or more, so better to use while you can instead of waiting for something to never happen

2 Likes

I canā€™t recall how many summons I had in this portal, maybe 5 to 10 extra than the usual free ones. I received:

1. C-Albe
  2. Zulag (a second one)
  3. JF earlier today
3 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely a lot of rationale for saving assuming the future is better. But Iā€™m using them. I could use anyone I pull today and donā€™t need to sit on those two pulls for a few months.

2 Likes

In 4 years, I only pulled C Seshat from this portalā€¦ with 2 years of spending on this portalā€¦

2 Likes

I am sitting on 18 pullsā€¦ I will wait for the future as this portal is not rewarding me

1 Like

Yeah I think ā€¦ :face_with_monocle: so.

What fun! So cool to see you mixing things up and enjoying the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suddenly got lucky this year. Bai Yeong in January, Thoth Amun with costume in March.

Yes, am sure some smart alecks will make a joke about how lucky I am to get these outdated heroesā€¦ but at least theyā€™re both HOTMs, not the typical vanilla 3* feeder :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides that, I think I got Elena onceā€¦ and besides that, a bunch of legendary Graymanes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In the last dark CoE, my dark ream depth still sucks , so i still have to use lots of those nuclear weapons :joy_cat:

1 Like

I STRONGLY agree. The tavern of legends portal is probably the weakest overall portal in the game. It shouldnā€™t matter at all if they end up giving away a few more summons for a player that has real roster depthā€¦ That player is already paying in heavily, and if you reward their pay-in with a challenge to the depth of their roster, theyā€™ll only be encouraged to pay in more.

There are likely a few thousand whales who have in excess of 200 developed legendary heroes. If I e of those whales (who presumably has paid in THOUSANDS in order to develop that roster depth) was to end up getting several dozen ā€œfreeā€ pulls at the Legends portal, that would not in any way reduce the likelihood that said player would pay in to get more draws at the next ā€œAstral Elvesā€ portalā€¦

The developers would not lose a penny by offering infinite replays on every level of the tavern (so long as each hero could still only be used once in the tavern).

1 Like

Itā€™s worth clarifying here that I am NOT a whale. I pay in but only a little each monthā€¦ Iā€™d probably be able to get 4-5 summons off of the tavern of each level could be replayed as much as possible.

They might even stand to make a little bit, since to play that many more levels there will almost certainly be world energy flasks getting used.

1 Like

Here, let me translate their post from marketing-gaslighting-BS-speak into plain English to help those who arenā€™t familiar with both languages. Iā€™ll give SGGā€™s version first, and then a translation:

Hello victims:

Summer is almost here and our CEO needs a down payment for his new yacht.

This portal isnā€™t making enough money because you scrubs figured out that it is pure garbage and one of the worst deals in a game full to the brim with abysmally terrible deals.

As part of our continued psychological warfare against you, we are telling you it is going away for a while. This should generate enough FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) to get a revenue spike before we slot a more profitable portal into its spot.

By deliberately not telling you when it will come back, we should be able to get the maximum possible level of FOMO. Withholding key information will also hopefully help prevent optimal planning on your part which we hope will help you allocate your resources poorly. This is important to us because the more poor resource management choices you make, the more money youā€™ll spend trying to get more resources.

We canā€™t wait to improve this portalā€™s profitability by making the quest longer and harder but with smaller rewards, decreasing the pull rates for anything decent or usable, and jacking up the price.

Kind of like what we did with the last costume portal refresh. And also like how the Covenant and Super elemental portals are worse odds, cost more, and spew out more feeders and dupes of some of the gameā€™s worst heroes, rather than anything useful. And since you morons went along with it for those portals, we canā€™t wait to take it even farther!

You might hate it, but weā€™re not making any of this for you ā€“ itā€™s your money we care about, so get ready to open your wallets wider than ever before!

So long, suckers!

15 Likes

50 pulls and nothingā€¦I just want Lazara so badā€¦sigh

Good news Leg ends is being dropped, itā€™s way past itā€™s sell by date, Always play it on auto pilot just to get the 3 star dupes for feeding my new shiny 5 star.
If they do bring it back change it each month and have different Seasonā€™s and give players a chance to get different heroes,
Devs is time to update some of the regular challenges, Trials is another that I use auto pilot now you have 7K teams add another 2 levels to make it a challenge for experienced players

1 Like

You missed the memo it seems. Master Trials are comingā€¦

3 Likes

Lazara and Mistra are new this week

6 Likes