⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Jove

This thread is for discussing whether Jove is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Jove. For that, please see: 🎭 Jove - 5* Holy / Yellow from Black Friday (Masquerade Hero)

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Jove is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Jove is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Jove is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Jove is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Jove ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Jove thread.

4 Likes

I feel he’s too strong. Argumentation:

1. Barring a taunt, he hits everyone, with no conditions like Anne (if her target dies from the damage, nobody else is hit) or Khufu/Winnifred (if a hero is dead or dodges, it doesn’t chain to others). With his stupidly high attack stat, another 13% attack boost from his minion, the damage (530% to one and 265% to the rest) is too much at fast speed.
  2. The -65% healing cut makes it almost impossible to recover if he fires. Why even bring a healer? All non-fast heroes have already been made mostly obsolete, and now heroes like Jove put healers without a cleanse on the verge of becoming useless.

I feel he should be do less damage (e.g. 500 or 480% to all), maybe become average speed, have a smaller healing cut, or have a chance to miss his minor damage.

5 Likes

He’s too strong, but I have him so don’t nerf it,lol

2 Likes

He needs to either be a hit three or average speed hero.

3 Likes

Just bring defense against status ailments 4head. Or Annabel for example lol.

3 Likes

He should SLOW n BARBARIAN CLASS!!!

Just to the poster above… Slow would be too dramatic, and no need to change to barbarian, but maybe fighter? Eh, the ranger talent isn’t the worst thing out there :man_shrugging: Sure, it’s frustrating, but, that’s the joy of rangers!

Interestingly, I revisted my own posts back on the original topics :smiley:

Old posts

🎭 Jove - 5* Holy / Yellow from Black Friday (Masquerade Hero) - #15 by Orion_Fervor
🎭 Jove - 5* Holy / Yellow from Black Friday (Masquerade Hero) - #24 by Orion_Fervor

And you know what, having fought him a few times… Yeah. He’s too strong. But only really in the damage department - there are really two options I think would be suitable here:

1. Make him hit 530% to one and minor to nearby
  2. 400% to target & 150%-200% to all others

I stand by his ailments are at least blockable, cleansable, etc., AKA manageable.

Not to mention, these guys will be buffed when their event releases this year… I predict that Fortuna will go back to her beta special, but as for Jove? Who knows, but that’s one that I am terrified about…

Just to the poster above.
true to Zynga’s nerf history. C krampus from Rogue to Barbarian.
C master lepus from Ranger to Barbarian.
so Jove has to go from Ranger to Barbarian.
and he has to be slow why? because khufu 450% chain attack. Winifred 550% target and minor nearby (chain attack). while jove Fast. 530% and minor to all enemies.
you are smart. I don’t need to explain the chain attack system and all enemies to you anymore.
Jove, Anne, guardian panther costume, Ogima, hippo must be slow and barbarian class. but hippo already has a barbarian class and he has to be slow.

you don’t need to reply anymore. we don’t need to debate this. you have your point of view. i have my point of view.

PS : I don’t have a hero like Jove. Anne. GP costumes. Hippo. Ogima.
so I support all these heroes on nerf.
if I meet this hero. i will reroll. and in war i don’t meet them too often (because i play in lower class alliance)

Sad Gaming.

I have him and he’s not all that… hardly ever using him and honestly regret rushing to max him… sorry but I really don’t see what the big deal is.

Don’t have him but voted for a buff. Would be awesome if minor damage becomes regular damage to all.

He does a lot for Fast. Since his damage is 3x. His other specials should follow 3x too.

Either that or make him average.

I don’t have Jove but have gone up against him (flank) with a fast/vf team (not the latest, bestest, mostest type).

He’s with a team of other OP heroes. If board is not good, chances of victory reduces. But then I can always reroll or skip him in a revenge raid.

If Jove gets nerfed, Anne should be too. Ditto for other current strong hitters. Balancing exercise should not have favouritism : slap one, slap all.

2 Likes

I stopped bothering about AOE heroes like Jove, Anne, Panther etc, so I suggest for no nerf , he is not well balanced but still he is not blocking my team from casting special skill, I still can play against him :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Make him average and lower the damage some, or just lower damage a bit and keep him fast. Everyone now is fast mana. Super power hitters used to be for slow or very slow

6 Likes

This guy is broken on top ladder. If he fire pretty much your team have a very high chance of losing. People complain about kufuu but he slow and this guy is fast. Need a nerf.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see this hero get buffed before event. Like they did with Gargoyles, lol.

It’s a joke. Jove is fine as is.

Fine as is? You either have no understanding of what balance means, or you have an agenda.

No hero with almost 1300 attack stat, 530% to one and 265% to the rest, all at fast speed, while essentially making it impossible to heal is “fine as is.” Jove is ridiculously stupid, and he needs a nerf. Oh, I’m sure he’ll get it, a few months after SG decides he’s no longer generating $$$ for them anyway. Then they’ll pretend to be surprised at how his win rate is much higher than other heroes, and nerf him.

6 Likes

Reasonably balanced. No, I don’t have him. Yes he hurts. Give it 6 mos to a year, stats will catch up and he’ll hit normal.

1 Like

Totally OP hero! Need nerf !!

2 Likes

Hell, even just moving his speed to Average would be enough I think. At average you have a better chance of getting counter heroes ready for him. At fast when he’s on defense and tiles don’t go your way, it’s game over

1 Like

Jove and Anne make khufu and goseck looks small, but no worries they’ll make more op heroes than them all like 1000dmg at VF to all :wink:

1 Like