⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Khufu

This thread is for discussing whether Khufu is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Khufu. For that, please see: ☀ Khufu (a.k.a Khafre) – Season 5 Hero – 5* Fire / Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Khufu is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Khufu is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Khufu is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Khufu is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Khufu ? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on his balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Khufu thread.

4 Likes

Khufu is great, totally great, just like everyone is totally great.

No neefs needed.

Promise.

No. Stop typing. You, ya I’m talking to you! Silly guy in the back. :heart:

4 Likes

He don’t need nerf, he need buff.

Please. Can we hold off on these balance threads for awhile ?

How old is Khufu today ?

Only 33 days old.

Each new release will disrupt current game dynamics. At the rate that Zynga/SGG is deploying new heroes, game dynamics is in a constant upheaval.

Requesting for nerfs is not the optimal way to proceed. At least try to work out possible counter heroes, push your troops, add on emblems and lb (if you have enough aethers).

If Khufu ever reaches the height of usage like Tell/Vela, Ferant, C Krampus, yeah maybe.

But he is only 33 days old. And I don’t see him “everywhere”. Unless of course you are asking for a buff ?

4 Likes

@Gaia asked for this traid because we think he it’s UP.

1 Like

Right. I just want to know the opinion of friends on the forum about khufu.
because in my personal opinion. he looks a little weak compared to these new heroes.
honestly, I asked for this hero BUFF (this is my personal opinion)
come on buddy. what do I ask for this nerf hero?. he already looks pathetic. just look at the card. I already want to cry. so sad. not as scary as the character. he looks like a baby cat. :frowning: meow. Meow.

2 Likes

Similar requests have been made in Beta.

I faced off with him a few times. His DD cannot be cleaned. Or “converted”. Need chameleon or gazelle or Snow White to remove. Or bring blockers.

Arguably the boards could have been friendlier.

Anyway I won because both healers managed to keep pumping health to allay the extra damage from normal slash attacks.

The worst I reached was -24%. 3 stacks.

He’s not as bad as I thought he was.

Have you tried using him in your attack team ?

do you mean khufu? I’m not a beta tester. but if i read your sentence. looks like he was nerfed when he was released.
this is khufu skill :
Ability: Effects on Special Skill
70% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill

• Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 234 Sand damage over 3 turns

Special Skill: Perplexing Riddle

• Deals 350% damage to the target.
  • The attack chains through all the enemies who are adjacent to any hit enemy.
  • The target gets -41% defense against Fire, and further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 4 turns.

im think the EDD can clean. because it’s not written it can’t be cleaned. FYI EDD just one target. Not for everyone/all enemy.

I have not raised him buddy. still 1/1. I don’t think he deserves 4* materials for now.
but everyone has their own point of view and opinion. :smiley:

i hate people who ask for nerf on heroes.

I also didn’t ask Khufu to be buffed to be the OP once.
only if from slow speed to average.
or at slow speed but there is a change in skill , for example like EDD hits all targets (he will shine in events too). damage from 350% to 380%. or there are other additional skills.
I think all Khufu owners will be happy if there is a change for the better from him.

Happy Gaming Everyone :smiley:

7 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: there are so many newbies around that I got confused. Sorry. My bad.

Yeah he’s slow. 1x Good for titan.

He should be at least 3x for his speed.

And yes I did face off with him. And I did survive. Maybe cos he’s slow.

Watch out for the instalment of S5 in June. He may be included in the June Balance update.

1 Like

Just for Reference: they are about to release the new ChallengeFestival hero Winifried:

Family: Bard
Mana Speed: Slow

Passive: Defense Ailment Reduction
Reduces the effect of defense ailments by -50%. The effect applies to all Heroes in the battle.

Special Skill: Madrigal of Mayhem

• Deals 380% damage to the target.
  • The attack chains through all the enemies who are adjecent to any hit enemy, and deals minor damage.
  • All hit targets get -54% attack for 5 turns.
  • All hit targets are immune to new status effect buffs for 5 tuns.

The damage may be less for the adjecent enemies, but -54% Att on all and buff immunity for 5 Turns is huge. Higher damage than Khufu (380%> 350%) Khufu offers a EDD for 1 enemy instead.

It has been not even 40 days since the release of Khufu and they already release a way better Version of him? It is ludacris. Is it even smart to ascend any heros at the moment if there will be a way better version 40 days from now?

6 Likes

Yeah this dude sucks when compared to the other S5 hero’s…. He’ll forever sit at 1/1 whilst he is as he is. Marj C is better and at fast to boot!

Oh, and guess who the only S5 hero I pulled is… 2 of them :rofl:

1 Like

Either a speed change or a skill change. Needs buffing for sure.

2 Likes

Truth be told, the lower damage of Khufu could be due to Winifried not having a (possible) damaging passive on cast.

And this one it’s nothing special with this chain in this speed, the problem of them it’s thah they charge they’re specials to late, khufu was overshined even before his release, heros like C Marjana C Azlar CB Khagan C G Kong Octros Levana it’s much better than him by miles, they make everything much better than Khufu and some of this heros it’s more than 2 years old, for reference I have LB one of the most hated red in the game (Anzogh) and really like him after the family bonus but in Khufu will not invest and 1 emblem, now I have 2000+ monk emblems collecting dust because I don’t have good hero for them.

Did a few pulls on solstice and got him. Got C Marjana so he’ll stay at 1/1. He could use some buff. EDD to target and nearby. He’s not useless but underwhelming at slow speed. Wait and see

1 Like

He’s actually OP imo. See the difference between him and Roostley. See how huge is their difference.

3 Likes

Because it’s OP, can you give me 6 rings and I will give you mine?

@Petri are you kidding with us guys? So look on this one

And now on this one

The G. Panther its miles better then Khufu, she deliver sure strong hit to all, much better EDD to all and up of all and imune against buffs to all and everything this in faster than fast speed, she it’s good in any aspect of the game, what we asked so much for this bull crap, we asked just to be useful in more aspects of the game not only in one green titan, this it’s shame.

4 Likes

I havr 28 rings, I will gladly give you 6 but i dont want Khufu… I want Kong Costume :joy::joy:

don’t forget S5 passive

khufu hits becomes 420% and with good sand damage

i don’t know if the extra 70% is applied after the EDD

his only problem is the useless chain attack and EDD not applied on all enemies